Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 LastLast

Reed isn't a bad husband. I can get into it, but I won't and will leave it at that.

If her and Reed ever split (which should never happen), rather than jumping to another man it would be best for her to focus on herself. Like in Zdarsky's Two-in-One. That Sue wasn't with Reed and instead of throwing her with another guy Zdarsky had her in a leadership role and it was awesome. It really showcased how great the character could be.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Reed isn't a bad husband. I can get into it, but I won't and will leave it at that.

If her and Reed ever split (which should never happen), rather than jumping to another man it would be best for her to focus on herself. Like in Zdarsky's Two-in-One. That Sue wasn't with Reed and instead of throwing her with another guy Zdarsky had her in a leadership role and it was awesome. It really showcased how great the character could be.
    Reed is an okay husband but Sue deserves better js

I didn’t say she should throw herself at another man. Guess what people? Women can progress and focus on themselves while havin a snacc or two on the side. Sue can be focusing on herself and get laid at the same time. Sue needs sexual liberation. Jean is currently being liberated, and Sue should be next
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post

I didn’t say she should throw herself at another man. Guess what people? Women can progress and focus on themselves while havin a snacc or two on the side. Sue can be focusing on herself and get laid at the same time. Sue needs sexual liberation. Jean is currently being liberated, and Sue should be next
    I mean, sure, women can be like that, but marriage isn't getting in the way of her life to the point she would need to drop Reed, she can have her own life while being married, like y'know, plenty of real life married people, and if anything were to be changed, she should just get developed more as a person, which again, wouldn't need a divorce for that to happen.

I'm gonna be frank. She will never be liberated in that way. Even if she left Reed and only hooked up with someone else, it will never be about her. It will be about Reed.

It will be "How does Reed feel about this?" "Did she leave Reed for this other guy?" "How could she do this to Reed?"

It will be all about him. Any relationship big or small will always come back to him and how he feels. She'd be secondary in her own story. It won't liberate her, it would do the opposite. Sue doesn't need a sexual liberation, she doesn't need another story about relationships. What she needs are goals and wants for herself and that doesn't necessitate leaving Reed.

But how do you know that isn't happening with Reed?

And like others have said, it's not about her marriage to Reed, it's about Sue finding her own thing. And she doesn't need a fling to do it either.

That's why I'm liking her mini. They are showing other sides of her and it doesn't have anything o do with her betraying Reed or soul searching. She's already a cocky independent woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm gonna be frank. She will never be liberated in that way. Even if she left Reed and only hooked up with someone else, it will never be about her. It will be about Reed.

It will be "How does Reed feel about this?" "Did she leave Reed for this other guy?" "How could she do this to Reed?"

It will be all about him. Any relationship big or small will always come back to him and how he feels. She'd be secondary in her own story. It won't liberate her, it would do the opposite. Sue doesn't need a sexual liberation, she doesn't need another story about relationships. What she needs are goals and wants for herself and that doesn't necessitate leaving Reed.
    I agree.

And I think...given weight of continuity..that that both characters place overwhelming weight on being sexually faithful to each other.

I think it’s been obvious for ages that a “correctly written” Sue (i.e. written consistently with known character) is more likely to leave Reed on a matter of principle rather than for another guy.

Sue borrowed someone else's catchphrase today:
    invisibleclobberingtime.jpg
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I loved that moment, plus her outfit gives me Katara vibes

It's always nice when her powers are a bit more Green Lantern-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    I loved that moment, plus her outfit gives me Katara vibes
    She should keep it. Just change the colors a bit and it'd be a great solo uniform.
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-06-2019 at 09:53 AM.

BANNED

Yeah Lol, but I actually think her current costume is one of her best ones along with the Future Foundation one of course

Final issue of Sue's solo tomorrow:
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...sible-woman-5/

Marvel won't be pleased about this. An Invisible Woman movie has been announced. Of course it's not about Sue - it's part of Universal's monster franchise and is a female version of the Invisible Man - despite the fact an Invisible Man movie is also in production!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...-at-universal/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I've been so busy that I forgot to do the Invisible Woman preview thread.

It's sad that this will be the last issue. While I think there could be a much better premise for Sue I still really enjoyed seeing Sue go solo and the creativity used with her powers. I only hope that this won't be her last book and that she gets another relatively soon, but with a premise more fitting for the character.

I hope the Invisible Woman film pushes Marvel to elevate their own Invisible Woman. Because you'd think they'd want their character to be the first thing people think of when they hear the name "Invisible Woman". That's what I hope comes from all of this.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Classic art by John Buscema from Avengers #300 (February, 1989).

These episodes with Reed and Sue in the Avengers were favorite stories of mine. The whole Nanny and Orphan Maker story and Sue's unconscious use of her force field to saver their lives. Sue is not always underrated so much as writers forgetting her abilities and the fact that they can operate unconsciously or nearly simultaneously as needed. Many examples throughout the stories.

I imagine that "if" there is ever someday some type of "solo" project on TV/film for sue it will be branded as "Marvel's Invisible Woman"... :/