Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Round-6/page3

Remember to vote vor Sue in the Popularity Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Round-6/page3

Remember to vote vor Sue in the Popularity Tournament.
    Pleasantly surprised that she made it that far.

Doubt she’ll beat Spider-Man, but hope it won’t be an easy win for him.
    Last edited by Crimz; 03-15-2019 at 05:18 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Pleasantly surprised that she made it that far.

Doubt she’ll beat Spider-Man, but hope it won’t be an easy win for him.
    I am also pleasantly surprised and would be very excited if she would beat out Spider-Man. That would be a real cause for celebration imo.

If I counted correctly then Sue has 20 votes right now and Peter 19.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 03-15-2019 at 05:47 AM.

Who would be your dream creative team for an Invisible Woman solo?
    Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
    Steve McNiven
    If Sue were ever to (hopefully) get her own book and an adjective/tagline, what do you think it would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
    Steve McNiven

Steve McNiven is an excellent choice, He draws a fantastic Sue.

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
    Steve McNiven

He draws a fantastic Sue.
    Absolutely agree.

When was the last time Sue hung out and just had fun with Ben or Johnny?

Thinking about it, her interactions with Johnny tend to be the same thing. It's usually her lecturing him for something he's done and telling him he needs to mature. She has even less interactions with Ben.
    It's too much focus on her relationship with Reed. There's been more focus on Ben's brotherly relationship with Johnny than there is between Johnny and his actual sister.

And now that I think about it it's the same with her kids. She doesn't really have any interesting interactions with them like Reed does. It's usually going into Mama Bear mode when they are in danger. Reed has stories about what being a father means to him and in the current run he's the one with the reaction to them growing up. Sue has no reaction to it at all. She had no thoughts on Val being interested in boys or Franklin being a teen.

For a character that motherhood is meant to be so important too, we have very few interactions and stories about her relationship with her kids.

Absolutely agree.

If there were a like button I'd use it especially for using a Commander Shepherd gif.
    Last edited by Crimz; 03-17-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Yeah, I would like to see more interactions with Johnny and Ben. And I miss MTIO.

If there were a like button I'd use it especially for using a Commander Shepherd gif.

is Sue leading that all-female team that showed up in Captain America's book?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    is Sue leading that all-female team that showed up in Captain America's book?
    I think Jessica Drew is the leader.

When was the last time Sue hung out and just had fun with Ben or Johnny?

Thinking about it, her interactions with Johnny tend to be the same thing. It's usually her lecturing him for something he's done and telling him he needs to mature. She has even less interactions with Ben.
    It's too much focus on her relationship with Reed. There's been more focus on Ben's brotherly relationship with Johnny than there is between Johnny and his actual sister.

And now that I think about it it's the same with her kids. She doesn't really have any interesting interactions with them like Reed does. It's usually going into Mama Bear mode when they are in danger. Reed has stories about what being a father means to him and in the current run he's the one with the reaction to them growing up. Sue has no reaction to it at all. She had no thoughts on Val being interested in boys or Franklin being a teen.

For a character that motherhood is meant to be so important too, we have very few interactions and stories about her relationship with her kids.
    Sue seems like the bad cop parent while Reed's the good cop. By "bad cop", I mean making sure they eat their veggies and get to bed on time. She's that role for the team and family as well. If the Richards were a more normal family, Reed would be the one taking the kids to scout meetings and such. Sue would make sure the juice boxes were packed.

Sue does need to cut loose. Whether it's a GF to hang with or a real hobby or outside interest, she needs humanizing. Where the sixties were a period of Sue - Girl Hostage and person holding her hand in front of her face gasping, later years used her powers more and made her into a comptetant hero. She led the team for a while and has worked for respect, but in doing that, it seems she hasn't been allowed to flex a personality.

I could see other heroes thinking of her as being a bit of a tight-@$$, Miss Serious. And maybe she is. It's very possible she's the Batman of the FF. The character of Fiona on the US Shameless is the eldest sibling who took care of the family because the Mom and Dad were train wrecks. Needing to develop those skills is a lot like what happened with Sue regarding Johnny. What's different is Fiona didn't lose her quest for a personal life. [note: the two AREN'T the same; they have similarties]

Steve McNiven is an excellent choice, He draws a fantastic Sue.

In fact, Steve Epting drew this image.

epting.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    In fact, Steve Epting drew this image.

epting.jpg
    I know that's not Steve McNiven's work. I was just replying to the post that also listed McNiven as an artist that could work for a Sue solo series. But Epting's work is also fabulous.

I know that's not Steve McNiven's work. I was just replying to the post that also listed McNiven as an artist that could work for a Sue solo series. But Epting's work is also fabulous.

Sorry, my friend.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."