Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Her force-fields are powerful and I say a case could be made for those. But I'm thinking more in terms of her power over invisibility.
    It hasn't gotten much focus compared to her other power in recent years, but the times it does it's been very impressive:

There was the story in Waids run that Galactus would seek her out specifically her because of her power to see and reveal invisible things. It's pretty big for a cosmic being to seek you out specifically.

Her recent increase in control to the point where she can change the colors of things. Which sounds small, but the potential for other applications coming from that can't be ignored. She can even absorb and trap light in field, which is an impressive feat when you think about it and goes beyond the normal scope of invisibility.

That's not to mention the growth in how much she can turn invisible/visible. In Kirby's run she was able to turn a cliff invisible, Byrne's it grew that she could cover all of Manhattan island, and it grew even more in Millar's run where she was able to turn something the size of the Moon invisible.

If any power of Sue's qualifies as having an "undefinable limit", it's her power over invisibility. It just continues to grow in both power and precision.
    Good points, and the way Hickman defined Omega level also has just one kind of power to be "Omega level", so while Jean has both telepathy and telekinesis, only her telepathy is Omega level, so Sue's invisibility definitely sounds like a very strong candidate to be Omega level if she was a mutant.

Fitting for it to be so strong too, 'cause she's still "Invisible Woman", so that power being so good is better, 'cause honestly, force fields are telekinesis with another name, so making her invisibility stand out is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Good points, and the way Hickman defined Omega level also has just one kind of power to be "Omega level", so while Jean has both telepathy and telekinesis, only her telepathy is Omega level, so Sue's invisibility definitely sounds like a very strong candidate to be Omega level if she was a mutant.

Fitting for it to be so strong too, 'cause she's still "Invisible Woman", so that power being so good is better, 'cause honestly, force fields are telekinesis with another name, so making her invisibility stand out is good too.
    Yeah the "Invisible Woman's" invisibility should be her most powerful.

On the force-field/telekinesis thing, I think her force-fields are closer to Green Lantern constructs than telekinesis. That's at least how writers should think of them when writing Sue.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

You know, I wonder if Sue, Songbird, and Quasar can teach each other some new tricks? After all, Melissa and Wendall can also do constructs - though theirs are actually visible.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

AnggaraKun

Can someone tell me from what is this issue?RCO015_1469557691.jpg

Not a clue. But I bet it was a guy, and one who knows nothing about Sue Storm.

Maybe Marvel should outright ban men from writing Sue with only a handful of exceptions. All are guilty until proven innocent.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

If I recall correctly, it's either a dream or imaginary sequence in a Namor or X-book.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

it's from x-factor 202

sue was kidnapped and put in a machine that played out her fantasies

I'd love a 5 issue mini team-up of Sue and Ororo Munroe. Make the title a Storm pun.

Just have them kicking ass around the galaxy.
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-04-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not a clue. But I bet it was a guy, and one who knows nothing about Sue Storm.

Maybe Marvel should outright ban men from writing Sue with only a handful of exceptions. All are guilty until proven innocent.
    I think I'm more into the Sue-Namor connection than you re, so OI can accept Sue having some deep but minor fantasies about Namor. She's never going to sleep with him. She's not leaving Reed. But sometimes her mind goes places she would want to make public.

But using this as a major point in a Sue story reeks of weak-sauce.

BANNED

there's something fishy about sue's fantasies

aight im done

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I think I'm more into the Sue-Namor connection than you re, so OI can accept Sue having some deep but minor fantasies about Namor. She's never going to sleep with him. She's not leaving Reed. But sometimes her mind goes places she would want to make public.

But using this as a major point in a Sue story reeks of weak-sauce.
    I don't mind fantasies, people have fantasies. But too many take it too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    there's something fishy about sue's fantasies

aight im done
    DA215B8A-E963-4BCC-AF6A-51A42F0EC269.jpg

On the topic of Sue/Namor; I’m all for it. Reed is the worst husband and this is not the 1960s where a woman should marry and settle down. Sue and Reed should get a divorce.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    DA215B8A-E963-4BCC-AF6A-51A42F0EC269.jpg

On the topic of Sue/Namor; I’m all for it. Reed is the worst husband and this is not the 1960s where a woman should marry and settle down. Sue and Reed should get a divorce.
    So you'd prefer another misogynistic character who would treat Sue like a trophy. And then stick the tongue out like a school kid who won a fight amd is gloating. A whining little princess who stamps her foot whenever she doesn't get her way (and yes, I'm talking about Namor)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    So you'd prefer another misogynistic character who would treat Sue like a trophy. And then stick the tongue out like a school kid who won a fight amd is gloating. A whining little princess who stamps her foot whenever she doesn't get her way (and yes, I'm talking about Namor)
    Namor is not misogynistic, quite the opposite. He's the only character at Marvel I know of to repeatedly pay respect to the influence and love of the women in his life. Nor has he ever treated Sue as a trophy to win so he can get one over on Reed. He doesn't care what Reed thinks. He cares what Sue thinks. The fact that he went out of his way to help save Sue and Reed's marriage TWICE, proves that.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Namor is not misogynistic, quite the opposite. He's the only character at Marvel I know of to repeatedly pay respect to the influence and love of the women in his life. Nor has he ever treated Sue as a trophy to win so he can get one over on Reed. He doesn't care what Reed thinks. He cares what Sue thinks. The fact that he went out of his way to help save Sue and Reed's marriage TWICE, proves that.
    ^This

And, I didn’t say she should date or marry Namor. Just get laid and keep it pushing.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip