Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I like it. Sure, it's a bit cheesy with the handsome men fawning over Sue as we'd normally see women fawning over a movie hero in a poster, but it fits her.
    I like a little cheese sometimes. Plus some of the men carrying hidden weapons to attack her is a nice touch that adds to the spy-theme.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I like a little cheese sometimes. Plus some of the men carrying hidden weapons to attack her is a nice touch that adds to the spy-theme.
    They're trying their best to conceal their weapons. Sue, fortunately for us, never has to try at all.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

It's a gender swapped generic James Bond poster. A Roger Moore Bond, but I suspect Sue's favorite Bond was Moore. This, of course, is a major point of disagreement with Ben and Johnny.

It's a gender swapped generic James Bond poster. A Roger Moore Bond, but I suspect Sue's favorite Bond was Moore. This, of course, is a major point of disagreement with Ben and Johnny.
    I don't know about that. I'm betting Connery is her favorite. Reed favors him more. But deep down where Malice rules her id, I think when Sue goes looking for a "Double O", Timothy Dalton is her preferred Bond. No pun intended. She'd like Daniel Craig, but he reminds her too much of her brother...and that's just creepy. Even for Malice.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 06-21-2019 at 08:19 AM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Did Sue interact with Black Cat?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I don't know about that. I'm betting Connery is her favorite. Reed favors him more. But deep down where Malice rules her id, I think when Sue goes looking for a "Double O", Timothy Dalton is her preferred Bond. No pun intended. She'd like Daniel Craig, but he reminds her too much of her brother...and that's just creepy. Even for Malice.
    The Malice observation makes sense, but Sue is different than Malice. I'm not sure that Malice's persona would favor a heroic character. As for the tougher Connery, Dalton, and Craig Bonds, I'd imagine Ben would favor those. Reed, IMO would be more of a fan of the more literal Fleming adaptations. Johnny ranks the movies based on Bond Girl.

But it's all opinion, of course.

The Malice observation makes sense, but Sue is different than Malice. I'm not sure that Malice's persona would favor a heroic character. As for the tougher Connery, Dalton, and Craig Bonds, I'd imagine Ben would favor those. Reed, IMO would be more of a fan of the more literal Fleming adaptations. Johnny ranks the movies based on Bond Girl.

But it's all opinion, of course.

Ha ha! We definitely agree on Johnny. Although if I'm being 100% honest, they were pretty high on my list as well. I watched Bond for the gadgets first, the Bond femmes second, and the cars and couture third. The man himself was an afterthought. In my twenties I probably kept the local Armani boutique store in business all by myself, no thanks to the Bond movies. But that's only because I couldn't afford both the suits and the Aston Martins.

There's a thought: Sue's signature mode of transportation should be an Aston Martin DB10, custom modified for the FF universe saving lifestyle, of course. (I'd like to see Adam Hughes draw that!)

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    Did Sue interact with Black Cat?

Good question. I don't even know if they've ever met. The only time that I can think of where they may have run into one another is in A-Force. That series pretty much had all of the women characters in it at one point or another.

~James Baldwin

I may give her series a shot now thanks to Adam Hughes!

Kudos to whoever re-designed her title. I really love it.

It's ten times better than her previous one.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Kudos to whoever re-designed her title. I really love it.

It's ten times better than her previous one.

Definitely a little pulpy, which I think fits.

That second one is a bit funky and 60s psychedelic tho

I wonder if Stan ever considered giving Sue a shorter name? Something like Mirage. Not that there's anything wrong with Invisible Girl/Woman, but it does make for a challenging cover logo.

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Good question. I don't even know if they've ever met. The only time that I can think of where they may have run into one another is in A-Force. That series pretty much had all of the women characters in it at one point or another.
    I'm not familiar with Black Cat, but Sue could definitely use a foil with questionable methods. Especially one who handles it with a bit of humor. Now she deals with Ben and Johnny like that, but that's family. A good frenemy for Sue should be on the list of stuff we demand. It's now on mine, anyway.

I'm not familiar with Black Cat, but Sue could definitely use a foil with questionable methods. Especially one who handles it with a bit of humor. Now she deals with Ben and Johnny like that, but that's family. A good frenemy for Sue should be on the list of stuff we demand. It's now on mine, anyway.
    Black Cat and Sue could work. I wonder if there is a villainess out there, though, who really gets under Sue's skin? Or someone out there who truly scares Sue. A psychopath maybe who would sit at the top of Sue's rogue's gallery.

~James Baldwin