Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Does this have anything to do with this Comicgate stuff, the ones who always whine about "social justice warriors? I'm not a huge fan of Waid either but it could be a case of the other guy making a pest of himself.
    The other guy got banned from retailer summits for over a year.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Does this have anything to do with this Comicgate stuff, the ones who always whine about "social justice warriors? I'm not a huge fan of Waid either but it could be a case of the other guy making a pest of himself.
    I honestly don't know. But on Facebook it didn't seem that way. Seems like Waid and the shop owner had some old beef. The Shop Owner was trying to squash said beef when it came to his business and trying to get info from the Sales Manger at the booth and then Waid told him to go away. Drama for there.

It all seems really childish to me. From both of them. It really shouldn't be news at all but its Waid so here we are.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The other guy got banned from retailer summits for over a year.
    That I can believe. From what I read at Bleeding Cool, he appeared like he walked over to Mark Waid's booth just to try and start something.

But enought of that. That is one beautiful cover for Fearless #1. I hope the work inside is as good but I think Bartel only does covers.

A while ago at the Diamond retailer summit Waid spoke a little about the book and showed some of the art in the book:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...visible-woman/

Marvel just have to use the pages revealed there and make an article or something. All we have is an image of Sue Mattia De Iulis posted and this grainy video someone took.

I just don't want this to be the only book Sue ever gets because of Marvel's apathy.

That I can believe. From what I read at Bleeding Cool, he appeared like he walked over to Mark Waid's booth just to try and start something.

But enought of that. That is one beautiful cover for Fearless #1. I hope the work inside is as good but I think Bartel only does covers.
    Interior artist is Claire Roe

https://www.instagram.com/pretendanimator/?hl=en
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks for that link Crimz! Interesting gallery she has there. Looks like she draws more realistic figures instead of the exaggerated style. Very nice.

I hope for some creative uses of Sue's powers in her upcoming mini, seeing as it's lower stakes. With it not being a big cosmic story it opens up opportunity to focus more on the creative side of her powers over the usual blocking of a huge attack.

Things like this:

It's a nice little thing, using her powers as a kind of radar to find someone using telepathy to hide.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I mentioned it in Sue's old appreciation thread, but her powers can actually work the opposite way: instead of making herself invisible, she makes herself blindingly bright; by wearing a layer of super-reflective molecules just beneath her costume, when she makes the outermost layer invisible, the inner layer then reflects ambient light. In full daylight she could dazzle people. Sue's shown the ability to selectively make people and objects invisible layer by layer.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I mentioned it in Sue's old appreciation thread, but her powers can actually work the opposite way: instead of making herself invisible, she makes herself blindingly bright; by wearing a layer of super-reflective molecules just beneath her costume, when she makes the outermost layer invisible, the inner layer then reflects ambient light. In full daylight she could dazzle people. Sue's shown the ability to selectively make people and objects invisible layer by layer.
    She's also shown to be able to manipulate light, so she could feasibly do it without the need of reflective material underneath her clothing.

But of course she needs enough light in the area.
    Plus she'd likely just stick to blinding by turning eyes invisible and leave the flashing to Johnny.

BANNED

Is still a ultra goody two shoes character that walks on the straight line?

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Not if she starts flashing people like Crimz discusses in the post above yours. Hubba hubba!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Honestly, what she did to Doom a couple of issues ago was awesome!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    She can get angry and more forceful when the villain really pisses her off, but her morals are pretty much still the same and I like that. A problem I have is that too many characters are doing the anti-hero, morally grey thing. It's nice to still have heroes who are more "goody two shoes" and the interesting thing in their stories is them trying to maintain their morality in a increasingly grey world.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Not if she starts flashing people like Crimz discusses in the post above yours. Hubba hubba!
    I new this was gonna happen as soon as a posted it lol.

But I wasn't going to edit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, what she did to Doom a couple of issues ago was awesome!
    I like when she's had enough and just ends a fight with a villain by showing just how much she holds back.

By Jen Bartel

Today is the last day for stores to order the book and we got no promotion at all.
    It's a little over 3 weeks away and not a single thing. I should be excited, but Marvel has given nothing. It's just so disheartening.

I feel like the book is made to shut people like me up. The ones who were continuously asking why she never got a book. Not because they actually had faith or wanted to give the character a legitimate chance.
    I know how this will play out. It will not sell because no one knows it exists and then it will be blamed solely on the character and used as a reason to not make a another one in the future. It's the same old story that keeps happening to many characters.