Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 332
  1. #226
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    She can get angry and more forceful when the villain really pisses her off, but her morals are pretty much still the same and I like that. A problem I have is that too many characters are doing the anti-hero, morally grey thing. It's nice to still have heroes who are more "goody two shoes" and the interesting thing in their stories is them trying to maintain their morality in a increasingly grey world.
    I agree. Sue is a good person. I like the fact she is sometimes written with a less than pristine vocabulary. I also like to see her with a love for pop culture. I like to put that as having a it of a white trash streak in her. Nothing drastic, but something to humanize her and to occasionally shift her from the Soccer Mom mode to "did she just do that?"

    In my years of volunteer service, I've met many mothers who brought their sons to activities and events I was invoved in and expected me to be somewhat appropriate. Parents also usually behave at these things, but in settings where they don't need to be in mommy-mode, we see other traits pop out. Let Sue get pissed off. Let her occasionaly swear.

    For those of you who read Tom King's Mister Miracle series, Barda laid into Scott with some comic book style *&%$&^$ words. Do we really expect Reed to have gotten by without Sue dropping an f-bomb on him? Sue's human and needs to fleshed out as one.

  2. #227
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,030

    Default

    Decided that rather than get upset over Marvel's lack of promo for her book, I'll put my energies to promoting it as much as I can myself.
    I'm still pissed, but I'll save my big rant for after the book is out.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I agree. Sue is a good person. I like the fact she is sometimes written with a less than pristine vocabulary. I also like to see her with a love for pop culture. I like to put that as having a it of a white trash streak in her. Nothing drastic, but something to humanize her and to occasionally shift her from the Soccer Mom mode to "did she just do that?"

    In my years of volunteer service, I've met many mothers who brought their sons to activities and events I was invoved in and expected me to be somewhat appropriate. Parents also usually behave at these things, but in settings where they don't need to be in mommy-mode, we see other traits pop out. Let Sue get pissed off. Let her occasionaly swear.

    For those of you who read Tom King's Mister Miracle series, Barda laid into Scott with some comic book style *&%$&^$ words. Do we really expect Reed to have gotten by without Sue dropping an f-bomb on him? Sue's human and needs to fleshed out as one.
    Her being away more from the family and the usual dynamic presents the opportunity to work on a different side to her personality. As you said, people are different with friends or colleagues than they are with their family. I'm interested to see what Waid has planned for her and how she acts in the Fearless book.
    Get issue 1 of the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  3. #228
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,608

    Default

    Should Sue have her own unique costume that is separate from the standard FF uniform? Something that she wears outside of FF missions. I've been going back and forth with a friend on this topic for years now. I'm for, she's against. I'm all for Sue being easily recognizable outside of the group framework, family or not. In fact, if they had given her a separate costume for solo adventures back in 1960 or even 1980, we'd all be used to it by now. (And no, I don't mean the Malice persona costume.) Curious to know everyone's thoughts here.

  4. #229
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,107

    Default

    Yes, she should. They all should. The 4 uniform should only be used when operating as a team. Johnny can use his Uncanny Avengers costume. Ben has the costume he used with the Guardians and SHIELD, or can just use plain trunks as he did in Marvel Two-In-One and a Moon Girl arc at around that time. When she's with the Daughters of Liberty or working solo, Sue should have a different uniform to wear too.

    Speaking of the Daughters of Liberty, Sue scores a big win in today's Captain America.

  5. #230
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Should Sue have her own unique costume that is separate from the standard FF uniform? Something that she wears outside of FF missions. I've been going back and forth with a friend on this topic for years now. I'm for, she's against. I'm all for Sue being easily recognizable outside of the group framework, family or not. In fact, if they had given her a separate costume for solo adventures back in 1960 or even 1980, we'd all be used to it by now. (And no, I don't mean the Malice persona costume.) Curious to know everyone's thoughts here.
    For me it's a yes, but only for certain occasions. Like her solo book will be all about covert spy work, so it makes no sense for her to go around with a 4 on her chest. Same with the covert work she's doing in the Captain America book. It makes more sense in those situations for her to have her own costume to represent that she's away from the others and doing her own thing. Whenever one of the team is n another book with the FF costume they are kind of representing the team. The others may not be there, but their presence is always felt as long as the costume is shown. So give her a unique one to visually show that she's going this alone.
    For other occasions such as the upcoming Fearless book she should have the Fantastic Four costume, as she's both representing the team and herself in that book.

    So, it's basically dependent on what she's doing and what the book is:

    A solo book or being apart of another team - her own unique costume
    Most others things - The FF costume

    I think it should be the same with Ben and Johnny. With Ben using a tweaked version of his guardians of the galaxy costume and Johnny using the unique one he got while the others where gone.



    Get issue 1 of the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  6. #231
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes, she should. They all should. The 4 uniform should only be used when operating as a team. Johnny can use his Uncanny Avengers costume. Ben has the costume he used with the Guardians and SHIELD, or can just use plain trunks as he did in Marvel Two-In-One and a Moon Girl arc at around that time. When she's with the Daughters of Liberty or working solo, Sue should have a different uniform to wear too.

    Speaking of the Daughters of Liberty, Sue scores a big win in today's Captain America.
    Seems we have a similar idea lol.
    I think it would also help the team seem more like individuals and you can show a bit more of their personalities through their unique uniforms.

    Yeah I liked Sue in today's issue of Captain America and hope that the Daughters of Liberty team get their own book.
    Get issue 1 of the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  7. #232
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,546

    Default

    I would like Susan to wear a different costume when on solo mission. All deep grey and/or black. Full body covering. Perhaps a few small gadgets on her, like cable, belt flashlight.

    Oh, and the chest emblem should be "1" on those solo missions!

  8. #233

  9. #234
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,030

    Default

    That looks great and I notice a mole.

    I wonder if more artists will include it after her solo.
    Get issue 1 of the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  10. #235
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,030

    Default

    Really like this image from Contest of Champions:

    Get issue 1 of the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  11. #236
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,696

    Default

    No to a "solo" mission uniform. The X-folks with an X on their uniforms don't wear something else for their solo missions. When Johnny and Ben had roles on other teams, there was no Fantastic Four so they didn't wear the uniform.

    But to solve the problem, simply put the FF in different uniforms with a "4" that can appear of disappear similar to the effects of the Future Foundation uniforms. If the uniforms are made of unstable molecules, then a "4" logo that can appear and disappear should be no problem.

  12. #237
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    No to a "solo" mission uniform. The X-folks with an X on their uniforms don't wear something else for their solo missions.
    Wolverine has done lately. Jeans, vest, cowboy hat.

  13. #238
    Fantastic Member Grim Fandango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wolverine has done lately. Jeans, vest, cowboy hat.
    I found perfect uniform for Sue.

  14. #239
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    No to a "solo" mission uniform. The X-folks with an X on their uniforms don't wear something else for their solo missions. When Johnny and Ben had roles on other teams, there was no Fantastic Four so they didn't wear the uniform.

    But to solve the problem, simply put the FF in different uniforms with a "4" that can appear of disappear similar to the effects of the Future Foundation uniforms. If the uniforms are made of unstable molecules, then a "4" logo that can appear and disappear should be no problem.
    I'm thinking Sue's non-team uniform would work similarly, only the design and colors would change from the standard FF issued uniform, and the "4" medallion would move to be less prominent on her uniform. (Talk about taking a load off of your chest.) I'd probably move it to her belt/sash buckle, or somewhere like that. And since these are unstable molecules, Sue could toggle the change between costumes simply by using a specific particle/wavelength of her powers. Easy-peasy.

  15. #240
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    I found perfect uniform for Sue.
    Suzy Two Guns looks great, but if that was her everyday costume it would provoke a riot. She's not Namor, who can run around for 100 years wearing just his scale mail swimming trunks, ankle wings, and a smile.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •