Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I like Waid’s Sue.

And I like the artist.

I re-read SHIELD (2014-2015) #4 and the upcoming mini could be something really great.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I so want to see a MAX story with Sue and Jessica Jones making sailors blush with their language.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Crimz - It took the news about Sue to get me to return to this board after an absence of several months. You should be ecstatic. Quite frankly, I did not know if this would ever happen.

Having thought about it. I think mini's are best way to have many characters attached to teams strike out on their own.

Ongoings are nice, but not all there is. It could be quite unwieldy to have an ongoing at the same time as a character being apart of a team without contradictions coming up. I think mini/maxi books are perfect for solo Sue adventures. The creative team comes in and tells the story they want then go. No stretching for more issues, no slow pacing, (hopefully) no artist changes every 5 issues.
    Tom King's Mister Miracle and Vision series are a testament to that. He had a story to tell and told it. If he has more to tell then they bring back the series for another 12 or so issues to tell the next chapter.

That's what I hope comes from this book. The possibility for more series for Sue in the future, not an ongoing which isn't always the best.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Like i said in other board. Im excited. Just no damsel stuff, no object of villains desire, no namor.

Sue in an upcoming issue of Captain America:

Art by Adam Kubert

Last edited by Crimz; 04-12-2019 at 06:41 AM.

It can be good year for Sue.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Sue in an upcoming issue of Captain America:

Art by Adam Kubert

Lol is it me or does Sue look like shes about to tell the fat girl in high school shes "too ugly" to date the QB.

Mighty Member

My favorite female character (with Monica Rambeau ,and John Byrne She-hulk). Mark Waid is really hit or miss for me, but more hits than miss: his Daredevil is one of my favorites run, and his Doctor Strange was cool.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I hope she finally gets her own unique costume in this. She can't wear her FF costume on missions that are meant to be secret even from her team and giving her the basic SHIELD uniform would be boring.

It's the chance to give her something new!

Stephanie Hans variant cover for Invisible Woman #1

There is also going to be a Steve Mcniven one who is one of my favorite artists for Sue.

FEARLESS #1 (OF 3)
    SEANAN MCGUIRE, LEAH WILLIAMS & MORE (W) • CLAIRE ROE & MORE (A) COVER BY YASMINE PUTRI
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY JENNY FRISON
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    THE FIERCEST LADIES OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE – ON AND OFF THE PAGE!
    Straight off her silver-screen debut, Captain Marvel takes the world by storm! And speaking of the weather, Storm of the X-Men faces a problem only a goddess could solve. Add the Invisible Woman, and you’ve got an unstoppable trio in a story by Hugo-nominated novelist and SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER writer Seanan McGuire! Then, Leah Williams takes us back to the golden days of romance with Millie the Model! Plus: Get your dose of herstory with profiles on classic and contemporary creators!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Stephanie Hans variant cover for Invisible Woman #1

There is also going to be a Steve Mcniven one who is one of my favorite artists for Sue.
    I'm generally not a big fan of blank covers, but for Sue's book, it would be a very nice touch. I so want a blank variant cover for Invisible Woman 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    FEARLESS #1 (OF 3)
    SEANAN MCGUIRE, LEAH WILLIAMS & MORE (W) • CLAIRE ROE & MORE (A) COVER BY YASMINE PUTRI
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY JENNY FRISON
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    THE FIERCEST LADIES OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE – ON AND OFF THE PAGE!
    Straight off her silver-screen debut, Captain Marvel takes the world by storm! And speaking of the weather, Storm of the X-Men faces a problem only a goddess could solve. Add the Invisible Woman, and you’ve got an unstoppable trio in a story by Hugo-nominated novelist and SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER writer Seanan McGuire! Then, Leah Williams takes us back to the golden days of romance with Millie the Model! Plus: Get your dose of herstory with profiles on classic and contemporary creators!
    This is a great year for Sue!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm generally not a big fan of blank covers, but for Sue's book, it would be a very nice touch. I so want a blank variant cover for Invisible Woman 1.
    It makes so much sense to do it.