Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I wonder if Stan ever considered giving Sue a shorter name? Something like Mirage. Not that there's anything wrong with Invisible Girl/Woman, but it does make for a challenging cover logo.
    Well, she wasn't created as a solo headliner. None of the ladies of that era were (the others being Wasp - who if she had a solo would probably be called Winsome Wasp, even before Nadia showed up - and Marvel Girl, who nowadays doesn't have a codename and is just Jean Grey). And the name Invisible Girl was a pun, as she's a distaff counterpart to the literary Invisible Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Cat and Sue could work. I wonder if there is a villainess out there, though, who really gets under Sue's skin? Or someone out there who truly scares Sue. A psychopath maybe who would sit at the top of Sue's rogue's gallery.
    The frenemy and "top of the rogue's gallery" are totally different people. Sue should have both. As to a rogue she "fears", Psycho-Man is the character I come to first. His exploiting people by controlling their emotions is something she'd feel strongly about. Because of her Malice situation (like it or not, I don't), Sue is more in tune with that than are the boys. And yes, it can be considered a rip-off of Jessica Jones/Killgrave but we all know the Sue stuff came first.

I suspect Marvel would go with someone else, though and I will be looking for an apt foe. I suspect many of you will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm not familiar with Black Cat, but Sue could definitely use a foil with questionable methods. Especially one who handles it with a bit of humor. Now she deals with Ben and Johnny like that, but that's family. A good frenemy for Sue should be on the list of stuff we demand. It's now on mine, anyway.
    It could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    It could be fun.
    It certainly could. Let me suggest another idea, though. Sue's usual connections are those where she is the voice of reason and the mother figure for a more immature partner. Now if we put sure with a more straight-laced and somewhat uptight partner with whom she can quip and joke. Having Sue find and tweak a stick up Natasha's ass might be a fun story. Tasha seems to be a usual straight-laced character and she might be a good one to show Sue's more fun side.

Of course, this change would be a rare occurance.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The frenemy and "top of the rogue's gallery" are totally different people. Sue should have both.
    Yep, I totally get that and agree. I'm not completely opposed to them being the same person, but the more the merrier.

As to a rogue she "fears", Psycho-Man is the character I come to first. His exploiting people by controlling their emotions is something she'd feel strongly about. Because of her Malice situation (like it or not, I don't), Sue is more in tune with that than are the boys. And yes, it can be considered a rip-off of Jessica Jones/Killgrave but we all know the Sue stuff came first.

I suspect Marvel would go with someone else, though and I will be looking for an apt foe. I suspect many of you will do the same.
    I'm definitely hoping for a more inspiring enemy than Psycho-Man. I've never forgiven Mastermind for what he did to the Phoenix, so guys like Killgrave and Psycho-Man definitely turn me off. If it was up to me, those guys would get killed off on site.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Is that emblem Sue's official symbol now?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

No, that's her Future Foundation uniform. Sue, Reed, and Ben each had the white hexagon in a different position.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Kirby 'Hidden Gem' variant for issue 1:

Last edited by Crimz; 06-24-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

By Tom Reilly

Sue and Scott could make for a cool team-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Sue and Scott could make for a cool team-up.
    I can almost hear the dialogue now...

Scott
    "So really, Sue, you've only been with one man your entire adult life? How is THAT even possible?"

Sue
    "Well, they don't call him Mr. Fantastic for nothing. Not that you would know anything about that." (Inserts invisible, metaphorical dagger and twists.)

~James Baldwin

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

They did bond over having both their children grow up as powerful telepaths in AU (Franklin and Nate Grey). And they were both transformed into hounds in Days of Future Present.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm definitely hoping for a more inspiring enemy than Psycho-Man. I've never forgiven Mastermind for what he did to the Phoenix, so guys like Killgrave and Psycho-Man definitely turn me off. If it was up to me, those guys would get killed off on site.
    You make a good argument. Characters like that are all too common with few actual goals rather than bullying and exploiting people. Sue would see this as a behavior to be fought, but simple mind control is something tough to write about well.

A Sue foe should be both nasty and powerful. And by powerful, not omnipotent where a weakness or solution is a deux ex machina, but something Sue's own immense power can fight.

It's 2 weeks until her book is out!

I'm excited but at the same time disappointed. The book being so close means that it's unlikely Marvel will do anything to promote it before the preview next week.
    Marvel has done no promo for the book at all not a single interview and not a single panel shown. It's so frustrating that Sue finally gets a book and Marvel doesn't support it at all, especially when books like this need all the support they can get.

We know how the sales will go because Marvel has done nothing, and people will use them as an excuse to say that the character doesn't deserve another book in the future. Because let's be real, many fans love it when some books fail. It's all so frustrating and I'm starting to think this book was thrown out to shut fans up or something like keep the trademark.

I should have seen the signs when the book was announced. Even then it felt like an afterthought, just compare it to the Jane Foster Valkyrie book that was announced the same month:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nvisible-woman

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...sjyRx4NmOwq7yg

Jane's announcement had an interview with the creative time plus an early look at the interiors, it shows that Marvel cares. While Sue's only got a basic synopsis.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-25-2019 at 05:09 PM.