Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I am so happy that Sue and the rest of her team are back in the limelight. I am also really excited at the tease they gave regarding an Invisible Woman solo book. I can only assume Crimz was the one who asked? Hahaha.

And I will post it here, as well, because it's so true.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Let Sue get her First Lady status cemented. The matriarch deserves her time to shine.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I am so happy that Sue and the rest of her team are back in the limelight. I am also really excited at the tease they gave regarding an Invisible Woman solo book. I can only assume Crimz was the one who asked? Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Let Sue get her First Lady status cemented. The matriarch deserves her time to shine.
    Damn right!
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-09-2019 at 04:01 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

And I will post it here, as well, because it's so true.

What did they say? I missed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    What did they say? I missed everything.
    If I remember correctly, the editor in chief at Marvel, when asked about an Invisible Woman solo book answered with "stay tuned". Also, he mentioned that all of the individual members will get some attention and that Marvel 2-in-1 was great for Ben and Johnny.

I'll sign my support for a Sue solo book

If I remember correctly, the editor in chief at Marvel, when asked about an Invisible Woman solo book answered with "stay tuned". Also, he mentioned that all of the individual members will get some attention and that Marvel 2-in-1 was great for Ben and Johnny.
    Thank you!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

nice op crimz!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    That's a nice little article. Hopefully they do one of how badass she is too.

Just waiting for announcements of things to come (whenever that may be).

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    nice op crimz!!
    Thanks! I didn't know whether it was too much or not.

I also took some inspiration from your great OP in the Storm appreciation thread.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-09-2019 at 10:22 AM.

From the launch trailer.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 01-09-2019 at 10:34 AM.

From the launch trailer.
    It feels so good to have new FF content in media outside of comics again.

Love the gif, Sue looks great! Downloaded Future Fight and Contest of Champions just because the team are back.

When Sue shows up in an MCU movie, how would everyone like for her force fields to look? They have often been depicted as some sort of blue or transparent. Which do you prefer? Or is there another depiction of force fields that you liked?

One can say what they want about the movie, but I liked the way her powers were depicted in Rise of the Silver Surfer.

When Sue shows up in an MCU movie, how would everyone like for her force fields to look? They have often been depicted as some sort of blue or transparent. Which do you prefer? Or is there another depiction of force fields that you liked?

One can say what they want about the movie, but I liked the way her powers were depicted in Rise of the Silver Surfer.
    I agree about Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. It has the closest look I want for the force-fields.

I get why comics and games often have them look blue, but that's not the right look on film. Fant4stic's version was way too blue and bright to the point where they made it give off light.

On film I believe that most of the time her force-fields should be invisible to the audience to highlight that they are invisible force-fields. The artist Steve McNiven is a perfect example of this as he draws Sue's force-fields as completely invisible and have attacks react to them.

I think it's cool visually and shows the audience how her powers work without boring exposition.

But, there should also be times when we do see the force-fields. If the audience never see them they'd be indistinguishable from telekinesis. So they should be seen at times during a FF film to show that they can be shaped any way she wants and that they are solid constructs. The previous films made them look too malleable and soft like other forms of energy on film. Sue's force-fields should look tough and rigid most of the time to show that they are constructed objects. Think more like Green Lantern.

The way they should look to audiences when visible is faintly like glass. As that highlights both the solidness and that they are still invisible just not to us. The second Fantastic Four film came closest to this. If ever broken (hopefully not often) they should shatter like glass too.

Her force-fields should be made to feel like solid objects that are really there, just invisible.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-09-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Yeah. I think glass is a good description of how one could interpret her force fields visually. I feel like film makers would not want them to be completely invisible as they may feel that general audiences need a visual cue as to what is happening, but they definitely should not be blue. And not as blue as Fan4stic...

I suppose a good source for inspiration could also be World's Greatest Heroes. I know that sometimes they did have the force fields be completely invisible and only appear when hit (as you suggested above). Sometimes it seemed like a ripple effect, protruding outward from the impact site.