Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Shops get twice what they ordered, for free.
    But they do not give them away free.

Extremely good art.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    Extremely good art.

Really nice.

I don't know why preview pages for comics always look lower quality when compared to the actual issue. The preview images look blurrier compared to this, it's weird when you consider you'd want previews to look their best.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...isible-Woman-1

Anyway, I'm really excited and hoping that the writing is as good as the art.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    Extremely good art.

Gorgeous Suzan.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

More art from the Contest of Champions game:

Interview with Mark Waid and a look at another cover and page from the book.

https://www.newsarama.com/45908-invi...-de-iulis.html

Waid said all the right things for me and I love the art. My only gripe with the cover is that it's missing the black gloves and waistband.
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-08-2019 at 03:14 PM.

It's not missing the gloves - it's been incorrectly coloured. But for some reason, the artist drew trunks instead of the waistband.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    My only gripe with the cover is that it's missing the black gloves and waistband.
    Well, if we're being honest, the face is a bit off, too. Like she just came from an appointment with her plastic surgeon. Especially when you compare that to the other images. It's the perspective and shading. And perhaps contouring. The hair isn't falling in a way that I would expect it to when a woman is looking down at you and there's a breeze about. The one strand that crosses her brow makes it look she has a flat, two dimensional forehead. Also, the smile could be more vertical, more open to diminish the appearance of an elongated philtrum, rather than thin and wide.

I am digging the mole, though.

As for the costume, I'm on record saying that Sue's problem is that she's almost always drawn like she's wearing pajamas. Never mind sexy, I'd be happy if they'd just give her a costume that was feminine. There are women heroes from the 1950s whose costumes looked better than that old dusty standard she has on there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's not missing the gloves - it's been incorrectly coloured. But for some reason, the artist drew trunks instead of the waistband.
    I think it is intended to be a costume from an earlier era, not Sue's current uniform.

BANNED

Already added to my pull list. Sue is and ALWAYS will be the most respected lady of the MU and (for me) one of my TOP 3 females alongside Phoenix and Sersi. That’s my Lady Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Well, if we're being honest, the face is a bit off, too. Like she just came from an appointment with her plastic surgeon. Especially when you compare that to the other images. It's the perspective and shading. And perhaps contouring. The hair isn't falling in a way that I would expect it to when a woman is looking down at you and there's a breeze about. The one strand that crosses her brow makes it look she has a flat, two dimensional forehead. Also, the smile could be more vertical, more open to diminish the appearance of an elongated philtrum, rather than thin and wide.

I am digging the mole, though.

As for the costume, I'm on record saying that Sue's problem is that she's almost always drawn like she's wearing pajamas. Never mind sexy, I'd be happy if they'd just give her a costume that was feminine. There are women heroes from the 1950s whose costumes looked better than that old dusty standard she has on there.
    Yeah it sorta looks like she is wearing Underroo's. Hope that is just a variant cover or something
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Yeah it sorta looks like she is wearing Underroo's. Hope that is just a variant cover or something
    Yeah it's definitely a variant if it's a cover. The Adam Hughes covers are the main ones.
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-09-2019 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I think it is intended to be a costume from an earlier era, not Sue's current uniform.
    I know. The colour scheme should pretty much be the inverse of the current one. Mostly blue, but with some black - including the gloves and belt.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman