Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Same exact costume and it looks 10x's better there than it does in that other cover.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

This speaks to my heart in a big way:

Waid: When written well, she’s a terrifically complex character. All people act differently depending upon who they’re around at the time. You act differently around your parents than you do your friends than you do strangers. In the Marvel Universe, we don’t get to see that in play very often

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Waid: When written well, she’s a terrifically complex character. All people act differently depending upon who they’re around at the time. You act differently around your parents than you do your friends than you do strangers. In the Marvel Universe, we don’t get to see that in play very often

That quote reinforces that Waid is the perfect writer for the job. He proved that he understood the character back in his FF run and this shows that hasn't changed.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Exactly! This should be a tenet for every character Marvel publishes.

And if the "How much sleep is Crimz getting tonight?" pool is still open, I'd like to take "none".

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Exactly! This should be a tenet for every character Marvel publishes.

And if the "How much sleep is Crimz getting tonight?" pool is still open, I'd like to take "none".
    I have terrible sleep cycle that I really need to fix, so lack of sleep would be the norm for me lol.
    Gonna try and sleep earlier than normal so that the day goes by faster.

I really enjoyed the issue and like the concept. But I see this mini as a stepping stone for the character and a "proof of concept".
    I want the result of it to show that the character can work on her own and that there will be more books in the near future.

My dream concept is more of a cosmic story as the grounded spy one is good for character building, but not pushing her powers. I really like the ambassador concept as it has character developing opportunities with navigating intergalactic politics. Plus the cosmic scale provides stronger threats that can push her powers as well as be a threat.

This was beautiful. I can’t wait to eventually add it to my trade collection. What a tremendous read. Said really did a FANTASTIC job of spotlighting Susan while still giving that familial connective tissue in beautifully executed glimpses at those dynamics while still keeping HER the focus. Just tremendous. Masterful handling of what folks could argue as problematic or challenging given that strong connective tissue, but Waid nailed it!

I haven’t got my copy yet but I promoted Invisible Woman as a clandestine person, because it’s what Invisible people would be great at. I am looking forward to getting my fix of the Invisible Woman in her own missions. Unless people know she is around and use infra-Red detectors, Sue should be able to stand in any room and hear what is being planned. And, with her husband and daughter inventing infra-Red blocking tech, not even SHIELD will know she’s spying on them.

This was beautiful. I can’t wait to eventually add it to my trade collection. What a tremendous read. Said really did a FANTASTIC job of spotlighting Susan while still giving that familial connective tissue in beautifully executed glimpses at those dynamics while still keeping HER the focus. Just tremendous. Masterful handling of what folks could argue as problematic or challenging given that strong connective tissue, but Waid nailed it!
    Does anybody remember the Sue Skrull that infiltrated the Baxter building in Secret Invasion FF? Her family commented Sue already needs some “mom time”, so Sue’s leaving and going on missions was a common thing her kids and brother noticed. I can definitely see Sue being distracted by her mission, and the narrator moving with Sue, and leaving her family to their devices.

Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 07-15-2019 at 10:42 AM.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Interview with Mark Waid and a look at another cover and page from the book.

https://www.newsarama.com/45908-invi...-de-iulis.html

Turns out this was another interior page.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I really love the current costumes the team have. They are quickly becoming one of my favorite looks for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Nice. I really wish I never stopped drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I really love the current costumes the team have. They are quickly becoming one of my favorite looks for the team.

Nice. I really wish I never stopped drawing.
    start over.jpg

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I gotta say, Sue Richards is very clumsy. She was clumsy in the 10 year flashback, and she is clumsy in the current Mandripoor. Why is Sue letting men with weapons continue breathing, or let them use their eye retina to see her? Why let 2 thieves get the drop on her when she can be invisible, or doesn’t she know the first rule of espionage - don’t get detected?

From this standpoint, I was disappointed with Sue Richards first mission in the field, and her latest. She seems to want to behave like one of the FF and not a spy. Wow, lady seen on docks in a blue costume with a 4 on her chest. Who could it be? Is this how Mark Waid wants to play Sue Richards? All open, overconfident, blatant? She’s just begging perps to confront her. The CIA already know where Sue is, and that Fury ignored his mission from the CIA, to stop her. Sue can be popped in the head by any sundry of shooters the way she parades around. I’d like to see Sue portrayed a lot more cautious than she has been so far. I don’t think Sue’s learnt anything from Aidan.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-18-2019 at 04:10 AM.