Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Putting this panel here from the Black Cat #4 preview:

I hope they will meet.

Kind of looks like Samara Weaving

Marvel has given Sue some love this year and it's made me really happy. She got her first mini book and a few guest appearances. It may not seem like much, but it's a lot better than they treated her before the Fantastic Four cancellation. One of my biggest problems was that she seemed attached at the hip to the team and rarely showed up away from the others. It's great to see that change.

I hope this continues after her mini ends and that they give her a real push.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

i don't even understand the gun, she can make force bubbles inside your brain (or so she threatens to do)

it's way more silent, and would leave almost no forensic evidence compared to a gun (good for a spy)

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    i don't even understand the gun, she can make force bubbles inside your brain (or so she threatens to do)

it's way more silent, and would leave almost no forensic evidence compared to a gun (good for a spy)
    The cover for Invisible Woman #5?

I think it's just an easy visual way to show what she might have to do. It's really difficult to show most of the ways she can kill someone on a one page cover.
    Having her hold a gun is simple and gets the point across.

The Invisible Woman is one of my favorite characters, but I'm a bit disappointed with this story, as I've been losing interest in the spy genre.

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    The Invisible Woman is one of my favorite characters, but I'm a bit disappointed with this story, as I've been losing interest in the spy genre.
    The spy story is also not my favorite. I think something more cosmic would have been better suited and more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    I have nothing against good spy stories, but the preview for #3 reminded me of Raymond Chandler's assessment about his early pulp fiction: "When in doubt have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand."

And what Chandler wrote wasn't advice, it was a characterisation of a type of storytelling where if you stopped to think you were lost.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

The spy story is also not my favorite. I think something more cosmic would have been better suited and more interesting.

cosmic spy

While the spy stuff seems to be too obvious and not my favorite either, I think to set Sue's first solo adventure, we need something removed from her team and her scientific, cosmic family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    cosmic spy
    I'd prefer that for the spy angle. It would make the concept stand out more.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    While the spy stuff seems to be too obvious and not my favorite either, I think to set Sue's first solo adventure, we need something removed from her team and her scientific, cosmic family.

I understand that and why this concept was chosen. I guess I hope that this ends up leading to more books in the future that aren't based around the spy thing.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

So Issue #3 shows her new power; to manipulate light to change her appearance. I don't know if i like it. Kind of shoe-horned

Spoilers for Invisible Woman #3:

I love the new application of her powers, it opens the door to what else she can do with light. Something that I've wanted to see for a very long time.

Changing colors of things can be the beginning of more creative applications of her powers; Mirages/illusions, mirror-like reflections, light-based attacks, see in the dark. There are many cool and interesting things she could possibly do.

Color changing with great effort I can deal with. I don't want to see her become an illusionist controlling light waves like an artist painting a picture. But stuff like hair and skin color are interesting and relatively minor enough to be OK with my fankid opinions of her powers.

The FF all have one power or one change to their bodies which bestows powers on them. Sue's can become invisible herself or make other people and things invisible. This ability to adjust light somehow allows her to do force field stuff. it's a stretch (pun unintended), but I'll suspend disbelief for that. We've seen Sue turn Reed invisible from the outside in and making it seem as if he'd been disintegrated. The invisibility can be used as an illusion.

The step of blocking/adjusting some colors of the spectrum seems perfectly natural and the more I think about it, the more I'm p!$$ed that I didn't think of it before this.

I agree. A story that raised the stakes while also showcasing Susan's awesome abilities and power levels would have been much better.