Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That's kind of what made me love the idea more. That Marvel doesn't really have an Indiana Jones or Lara Croft type in their universe. Sue could be that and it fits both her and what her family does. It could be really cool.
    Ancient temples, forgotten knowledge, mystical artifacts... The more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    Ancient temples, forgotten knowledge, mystical artifacts... The more I think about it, the more I like the idea.
    Then you add all the crazy Marvel Marvel stuff. Like possibly finding a device the Celestials used to genetically modify early humans, or finding an ancient alien settlement somewhere on earth and that leading to a cosmic adventure. There are a lot of interesting possibilities, especially when you combine it with the Marvel universe.

Also some of the stuff she learned as a spy could add to this, such as her being fluent in different languages. That would help with finding foreign artifacts and travelling to different places in the world.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-21-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

Then you add all the crazy Marvel Marvel stuff. Like possibly finding a device the Celestials used to genetically modify early humans, or finding an ancient alien settlement somewhere on earth and that leading to a cosmic adventure. There are a lot of interesting possibilities, especially when you combine it with the Marvel universe.

Also some of the stuff she learned as a spy could add to this, such as her being fluent in different languages. That would help with finding foreign artifacts and travelling to different places in the world.
    Turning Sue into Lara Croft. I never knew I wanted it, but now I want it.

You could have Sue go up against more ancient bad guys like still living worshipers of Apocalypse or Selene who were entombed in an ancient shrine or have her explore ruins of Inhuman cities in Latin America and discover Hive or whoever was the first Inhuman. Have her become a xeno-archaeologist and study the history of the Kree, Skrulls, or even something more obscure like Dire Wraiths.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Turning Sue into Lara Croft. I never knew I wanted it, but now I want it.

You could have Sue go up against more ancient bad guys like still living worshipers of Apocalypse or Selene who were entombed in an ancient shrine or have her explore ruins of Inhuman cities in Latin America and discover Hive or whoever was the first Inhuman. Have her become a xeno-archaeologist and study the history of the Kree, Skrulls, or even something more obscure like Dire Wraiths.
    When I proposed this somewhere else, someone said that it would be a great way to make Diablo focus more on Sue and I agree. It would also be a great way to expand the Fantastic Four rogues gallery and throw in a few magical villains, which the FF don't face often.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. Which is also a shame because Marvel will likely never do it.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-21-2019 at 12:08 PM.

When I proposed this somewhere else, someone said that it would be a great way to make Diablo focus more on Sue and I agree. It would also be a great way to expand the Fantastic Four rogues gallery and throw in a few magical villains, which the FF don't face often.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. Which is also a shame because Marvel will likely never do it.
    Sometimes Crimz, you're like a kid himming and hawing like a kid deciding on a Halloween costume. (joking, joking ). The archaeologist angle is pretty good. Some of the adventures of the other team members individually lead to an adventure. So Sue should qualify as well. My feelings about this is that Sue probably would have finished her bachelors degree and been on a few expeditions before the flight.

BANNED

Archaeologist

Can find artifacts by making things invisible and looking through barriers like rocks
    can easily dig and extract artifacts without damaging them by creating forcefields
    doesn't have to hide from her family--like with the spy stuff-- and can include them in her own adventures heading the charge (rather than just tagging along on theirs)

etc
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 09-21-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Kent Nelson, DC's Dr. Fate started as an archeologist and became a medical doctor. Just want to mention this.

BANNED

RCO009.jpg
    Can someone please explain to me what Sue is doing in this scan from Fantastic Four Atlantis Rising #2,

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    RCO009.jpg
    Can someone please explain to me what Sue is doing in this scan from Fantastic Four Atlantis Rising #2,
    I think this is one of the first times she projects her force fields within solid mass. Like how she can project it in someone’s body. The reason given in this panel is that because her powers come from another dimension (hyperspace) she can project them anywhere on this plane of existence, even in solid mass. She’s making a her force-field within the force-field surrounding the city and expanding it, destroying it.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-22-2019 at 06:20 AM.

BANNED

I thought as much but it's a bit unclear Thank you

November will be the last issue of the Invisible Woman book. 2019 has been a good year for Sue, it's been a very long time since she's last been treated nearly this well. There have been quite a few cameos in other books and her first ever mini. It's was the first time, in a very long time, that she hasn't felt invisible (pun intended).

I hope this isn't the last time she's treated like this and that 2020 would be just as good if not better. I also hope this isn't the last solo book she has in a long time.

Sue was pretty decent in Fearless #3, just didn't like how the artist draws her. I think it was to differentiate her from Carol, but it ended making her look bad.

I personally would love if the mole she has in her mini was included in most of her depictions, if only to separate her from the other blondes. Plus I think she should have a more square jaw compared to other female heroes. That's how I saw it when Kirby drew her.

I'm confused. Matt Rosenberg posted some gifs apparently teasing a new GOTG lineup. Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Human Torch, Invisible Woman... why the hell would two F4 members be there? It made sense when Ben was on the team, there was no F4 at the time, but not now. Also, Sue would never abandon the kids.

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...244235265?s=20
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm confused. Matt Rosenberg posted some gifs apparently teasing a new GOTG lineup. Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Human Torch, Invisible Woman... why the hell would two F4 members be there? It made sense when Ben was on the team, there was no F4 at the time, but not now. Also, Sue would never abandon the kids.

I think he's teasing the Annihilation Scourge books.

Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Nova, and the Fantastic Four each have a one shot for Annihilation.

https://www.newsarama.com/46974-the-...ake-shape.html
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-25-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Reminds me it's been years since the FF were in a cartoon...