Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Plus I think she should have a more square jaw compared to other female heroes. That's how I saw it when Kirby drew her.
    I can agree with this part.

doesn't Carol Danvers have a square jaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Reminds me it's been years since the FF were in a cartoon...
    I really did like the World's Greatest Heroes animated series. It has my favorite adaptations of Sue and Ben. Well second favorite adaptation of Ben after the Michael Chiklis version.

In the Age of Marvels - New Universe thread (pinned at the top of the forum), Sue Storm, MD is running for a United States Senate seat against Gregory Gideon. Go and buy the FF book and support Sue's striving for the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    doesn't Carol Danvers have a square jaw?
    It's tough to tell with the variety of artists who have drawn her over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's tough to tell with the variety of artists who have drawn her over the years.
    good point. but Brie Larson is pretty square-jawed imo.

I'm bored so here's my top fancast for Sue in the MCU Fantastic Four.

My fancast is Evan Rachel Wood. She's the actress most known for playing Dolores in the Westworld show.
    She's a great actress and I think she would be awesome in the role.

There are many other fancasts that I have for the character if Marvel is looking for actresses of different race, but Evan is my top choice for a more classic Sue.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

ED090AF9-4FB1-4191-8EFF-C2CCA3BD1013.jpg

Debuted at NYCC today. Gotta have it!

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    ED090AF9-4FB1-4191-8EFF-C2CCA3BD1013.jpg

Debuted at NYCC today. Gotta have it!
    It's really great.
    If I was a figure person I would instantly get it, but figures aren't my thing. I think the most I'll get is the Gamestop exclusive Funko Pop.

Sadly, there no Gamestops in the UK so I'll have to figure out how to get it if it doesn't show up somewhere over here.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-03-2019 at 06:49 PM.

I believe GAME is the UK equivalent, as it was once owned by Electronics Boutique, which is part of Gamestop.

Gamestop does operate in Ireland, so maybe check their Irish website?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So do you guys think Sue being a government agent will be included in the movies? I wouldn't mind it but personally, I hope they make her scientist like the previous movies did (yes I know they weren't very good).

I don't what they have planned for MCU Sue, but I'm sure she'll have some field of expertise. I don't know what it would exactly be, but I'm hoping it's not a scientist.

Reed is the scientist of the team and the smartest, so making Sue a scientist would be redundant. Not only does it mess up their dynamic, but it also either takes away from Reed or makes Sue look useless. The 05/07 films suffered from the latter. That Sue was useless in terms of science when compared to Reed because he has to be the smartest, it's apart of his character. The other option would be to make Sue just as much of a genius as him, but that takes away an important aspect of Reed.

I think the best option is to have her expertise be in a field that is not in STEM. Earlier in the thread I proposed archaeology for 616 Sue and I think it would also work for MCU Sue. It's a field that works well with the adventure side of what the Fantastic Four do rather than the scientific side. The team is both a scientific and adventure team so Reed and Sue encompassing one of those two aspects is what I think is best.

make her an anthropologist since she's the only human who can understand those three dummies + kids

I definitely like the archaeologist angle. I've never thought of it and it would be a good dynamic with them as adventures. Having said that I also wouldn't mind if she is a health expert like a psychologist, psychiatrist or physician. The social and community aspects of medicine are enough to differentiate her from Reed who I see more as an in-lab researcher and also fits into her being the one that always looks out for everyone's well being.

Sue as a medic fits in with pretty much every version of the origin flight. Sue as an archeologist does fit in with the Slott origin flight reason. Personally, I have no strong preference one way or the other on Sue's profession, but the aspect I'm most concerned with is to give her and Johnny reasons for being on the flight. 1961 comic book logic won't work in 21st century storytelling.

Slott's tweak to the origin has both longevity (until we actually discover FTL travel) and less unbelievable.