Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Hopefully!

I hope she gets badass moments and the book ends with the two teams becoming closer.
    I'd also like that, but it's highly unlikely because let's just say the FF won't be pleased with everything happening on Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    I'd also like that, but it's highly unlikely because let's just say the FF won't be pleased with everything happening on Krakoa
    I think Sue and the FF would be OK with most of the events on Krakoa. It's the amnesty for villains they take an issue with. And them wanting Franklin is a concern. The X-Men making a try for Franklin is a problem. Of course if the situation on Krakoa can somehow revive Franklin's powers in full, I suspect Franklin will want to go on his own.

Not to call the X-Men elitists, but they haven't given a fornication about Artie or Leech, have they?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    I haven't seen anything outright that the FF would be completely against. I can even see them eventually getting over the villain thing as they aren't new to adding villains to their roster. I think/hope things will end amicably. It will definitely start off rough as Sue won't like people wanting to take her son away from her.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

I haven't seen anything outright that the FF would be completely against. I can even see them eventually getting over the villain thing as they aren't new to adding villains to their roster. I think/hope things will end amicably. It will definitely start off rough as Sue won't like people wanting to take her son away from her.
    I feel the FF would likely have a problem with the cloning mostly

Mighty Member

Sue's probably going to take issue with all the villains who tried to kill her son in the past, the mad scientist who was at one point a nazi, and various other villains.

spoilers:
    That Sue never loved Reed and only married him because her brother wouldn't forgive her. She settled for him, but really wanted Namor.

I obviously hated it.
    end of spoilers
    Man, I should have read FF Grand Design more closely. I just skimmed it, thinking it was just repeating old history. I didn’t think it brought anything new? Silly me.

Well, I’m glad Waid brought up Sues Vision structure. I found the Black pages in IW #4 very frightening the way they showed Sue was completly helpless when she’s blind. That female doctor put a lot of work into negating Sue’s abilities by making her blind. That was genius writing. Loved that.

I am a little disturbed that Sue has never come across this happening to her before, (that I can recall). That humans are thinking this deeply about super heroes takes me back to Civil War, when Tony Stark started cloning Thor from his hair. Those were good times. I suppose secret agents like Aidan are going to think like that about super people, and if he’s doing that, I think SHIELD or Maria Hill in the CIA, should be thinking like that too. It gets closer and closer to the “Watchmen” when they are taking these sort of steps against super heroes. Really? The FF in particular should be countering these sort of contingencies against them, after Civil War. All other heroes could probably get eradicated if the world goes full on “Watchmen”.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-31-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I think Sue and the FF would be OK with most of the events on Krakoa. It's the amnesty for villains they take an issue with. And them wanting Franklin is a concern. The X-Men making a try for Franklin is a problem. Of course if the situation on Krakoa can somehow revive Franklin's powers in full, I suspect Franklin will want to go on his own.

Not to call the X-Men elitists, but they haven't given a fornication about Artie or Leech, have they?
    Those two could actually be accidentally cloned. Doesn't the world think the Future Foundation died?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

spoilers:
    That Sue never loved Reed and only married him because her brother wouldn't forgive her. She settled for him, but really wanted Namor.

I obviously hated it.
    end of spoilers
    i cringed at the "pool fantasy"
    messed up as hell

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    In the case of the Celestial, she said she wasn't sure that she killed it in the conventional sense of the word; she could have just banished it from Earth's plane of existence.
    But, in the case of a Brood, she has. So, like Agent Z said, Sue has killed before.

I really like that Waid seems to like her invisibility more than her force-fields. It's refreshing to see that power get highlighted as recent FF runs seem to put more emphasis on her force-fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    But, in the case of a Brood, she has. So, like Agent Z said, Sue has killed before.
    The superhero genre has a weird thing with aliens and the no-kill rule. The less humanoid the alien, the more likely that rule is to go out the window. There have been times when heroes who swear they never kill, have killed monsters and aliens like it was nothing. I doubt Marvel counts the Brood situation.
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-01-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I really like that Waid seems to like her invisibility more than her force-fields. It's refreshing to see that power get highlighted as recent FF runs seem to put more emphasis ob her force-fields.

The superhero genre has a weird thing with aliens and the no-kill rule. The less humanoid the alien, the more likely that rule is to go out the window. There have been times when heroes who swear they never kill, have killed monsters and aliens like it was nothing. I doubt Marvel counts the Brood situation.
    I like the focus on invisibility now as well, since it is Sue's other and first power.

Got to say, I love Sue with the ultra long, silky hair as in your pic! Sue has great hair, but I never saw it this long, but always wanted to see it. I hope she keeps it.

BANNED

I'm a carol fan, but I can't forget that she genocided the brood so hard that they regard her as their boogeyman (though the brian reed series treats it like an actual flaw in how ashamed she was of being a monster like that)

The one time I've seen marvel regard killing brood as somewhat unethical is in astonishing x-men 40, when broo was showing up, where they took into consideration characters like no-name and broo who're disconnected or separated enough from the hivemind through distance or mutation to not be pure evil. But even then they were okay with cultural genocide (as in infecting them with "good values" brood who'd change their hive-mind and "replacing theirs with ours" and using psychics to perhaps destroy the hive-mind), but I doubt they'd do the same with humans when it comes to their bigotry.

Some fictions like star-trek try to go into questions like "Is killing the Borg ethical" (the brood are quite like the borg) and stuff like that.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Sue appears in the marvel zombies comic and plays a big role. definitely a great read.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sometimes I miss Claremont's run.
    tumblr_ms7ceewoOF1rbp7szo2_250.jpg