Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I've been rereading the Marvel Knights run because it's on giant love letter to Sue and I love it. I just had to post this scene in the new thread:

It shows the many reasons why I love Sue and in only a couple of pages.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

This is one of the many reasons why I think Sue would make an excellent Ambassador to other worlds or countries. She is incredibly insightful/intelligent but when the crap hit the fans and negotiations are no longer on the table she can throw down with the best of them.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    This is one of the many reasons why I think Sue would make an excellent Ambassador to other worlds or countries. She is incredibly insightful/intelligent but when the crap hit the fans and negotiations are no longer on the table she can throw down with the best of them.
    That would be cool and she definitely has the experience for it.

I'd say not only different countries, but also different planets/dimensions. Have Earth be properly involved on the intergalactic stage. She'd be the perfect person for the job with her experience with alien races as being a member of the FF. It also works along side being on the FF as they are an exploration team. When they come across a new alien species Earth would want an ambassador there with them.

Plus from now on I want all alien races/species to call her Susan of the Storm because I think that's a really cool way to say her name.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-19-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I've been rereading the Marvel Knights run because it's on giant love letter to Sue and I love it. I just had to post this scene in the new thread:

It shows the many reasons why I love Sue and in only a couple of pages.
    I like this artist and his Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    I like this artist and his Sue.
    Yeah Steve McNiven is my favourite artist for Sue.

He's also the one who did this iconic page:

He's my first choice of artist for an Invisible Woman book.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-19-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Because I'm bored I'm going to go into detail in who I think would be good villains for Sue and a potential rogue gallery if/when she gets a solo:

Psycho-Man

The obvious choice for her archenemy. No other villain has effected her more than him and he has a grudge against her after what she did to him. Part of Sue's strength is her empathy and emotion, so a villain who can twist and corrupt emotions would be a good archenemy.

Things that I think should change would first would be his costume. It's just not memorable and menacing enough, plus too many villains have a green color scheme.
    The next thing that needs to change are his abilities and motivation. Instead of his control of emotions being mechanical I'd have it be and superpower he has you can even say that it came from years of using his machine. He'd control all emotions, not just fear, doubt, and hate. For example, he could turn love into dangerous obsession or confidence into arrogance/feeling invincible so that someone would take risks. There are many routes you can go if you expand on his powers. The great thing about it is that Marvel already did this in Marvel Knights where he had powers and they were expanded on.
    A side effect of this power could be that he needs to feed off intense emotions, and loves it. Now you have motivation for why he does it beyond the usual world domination thing.

Iconoclast

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/iconoclastff.htm

A blank slate character that is there ready to be fleshed out. Why does he want to kill Sue? What makes her a threat to his people?
    All it takes is one writer with a great vision to use him and craft a really great villain for Sue and a great story. His powers aren't clearly defined yet and he needs some redesigning visually, but he's not been used much at all which makes him easy for a writer to put their stamp on him. It's practically a new character with the name and general idea of the motives already done for a future writer.

The Maker

People think that Reed should go up against his evil counterpart, but I disagree. I think it would be much more interesting if it were Sue. How she reacts to an evil version of her husband, he may even be a deep small fear of hers brought to life. It being her husband's potential to cause great harm at a whim and if she'd be strong enough, both physically and mentally, to stop him. For evil Reed it could be as simple as that he see's his Sue whenever he see's her. Sometimes the most simple motivations can lead to great stories. Having Maker vs Reed feels too repetitive of many other conflicts and a weaker version of Reed vs Doom. We've seen Reed countless times face other supergeniuses and this would be no different, but there is a lot of interesting potential with Sue.

A new female villain

I can't think of any female villains that would have the right motivations to be a villain for Sue. So I think one should be created as more female villains are needed, especially for the FF. The only thing I'll say is that she should be powerful, compelling motivation, good design, and really push Sue to be better whenever they come into conflict. So basically the usual stuff needed for a good villain.

I think these characters would be cool for personal Sue villains and will challenge her in different ways. Hopefully, someday soon she'll get her own book and we'll see a rogues gallery being created for her.

If you guys have any ideas of your own be sure to post them!

My favorite piece of art from the previous thread that I think should be in the new one:

It would make for an awesome poster.

Include the Brute as an unwanted suitor/enemy because Sue reminds him of his Sue who is in a coma. When Sue rebuffs him, he attacks her. He is also the Reed Richards of Counter-Earth, so he could fool Sue into thinking he is her Reed. Eventually Sue catches in and a battle ensues.

I like the classic baggy uniform on the art above. You don't see baggy uniforms anymore, everything is skintight.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Include the Brute as an unwanted suitor/enemy because Sue reminds him of his Sue who is in a coma. When Sue rebuffs him, he attacks her. He is also the Reed Richards of Counter-Earth, so he could fool Sue into thinking he is her Reed. Eventually Sue catches in and a battle ensues.
    That could also work. Most evil alt Reed's could provide an interesting story for Sue and show their relationship from a different stance.

I like the classic baggy uniform on the art above. You don't see baggy uniforms anymore, everything is skintight.

That could also work. Most evil alt Reed's could provide an interesting story for Sue and show their relationship from a different stance.
    It's my belief that evil Reeds arise when there is no Sue in his life to give him purpose (I have no real idea what phrase works best here). It's only when Reed and Sue are a couple that Reed is a good guy. I can certainly see evil Reeds as being attracted to Sue for various reasons.

As to the baggy uniform, I like seeing wrinkles and signs it's clothing and not just a colored nude pose. Basic art vcladsses will show you that nudes are the easiest figures to draw. I imagine needing to get pages out necessitates streamlining characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's my belief that evil Reeds arise when there is no Sue in his life to give him purpose (I have no real idea what phrase works best here). It's only when Reed and Sue are a couple that Reed is a good guy. I can certainly see evil Reeds as being attracted to Sue for various reasons.

As to the baggy uniform, I like seeing wrinkles and signs it's clothing and not just a colored nude pose. Basic art vcladsses will show you that nudes are the easiest figures to draw. I imagine needing to get pages out necessitates streamlining characters.
    And that's always from Reed perspective. What I want to know is how Sue see's things? What does she think of those Reed's and her own? I wonder how she views alternator Sue's who aren't with Reed. And in what ways does Reed make her better? In marriage they should both be making each other better in some way, not just Sue making Reed a better man.

And that's always from Reed perspective. What I want to know is how Sue see's things? What does she think of those Reed's and her own? I wonder how she views alternator Sue's who aren't with Reed. And in what ways does Reed make her better? In marriage they should both be making each other better in some way, not just Sue making Reed a better man.
    That's a fine look to take. What does Reed give Sue that alternate single Sues don't get? Usually we see single alterna-Sues as being successful, powerful women. It almost seems part of Sue is being sacrificed to reign in Reed. And that is not fair.

I'm with you 100% on this.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    That's a fine look to take. What does Reed give Sue that alternate single Sues don't get? Usually we see single alterna-Sues as being successful, powerful women. It almost seems part of Sue is being sacrificed to reign in Reed. And that is not fair.

I'm with you 100% on this.
    It's definitely a pattern that makes their relationship not seem very healthy. it makes it seem like she makes him better but he inhibits her. If it was a one-off reality that would be one thing, but the majority of realities where she's not with Reed she is more successful. Like in the recent Two-in-One where the alt-Sue is the leader of SHIELD and succeeded in doing the one thing the organization always wanted, having every superhero under their control. In that universe she is the leader of every superhero and there are other universes where similar success happens to her when she's not with Reed. It doesn't put their relationship in a positive light.

They should never break up the couple, but it would be interesting to go into their dynamic from Sue's perspective and when compared to alt realities. It would even be interesting seeing Reed's view on it, what does he think he does for Sue? Have a reason why being with Reed makes her better as a person like she does to him otherwise it will just look like he prevents her from reaching her potential. This review of their relationship could even lead to her being more active in the MU and having more things for herself like a career.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-25-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Spectacular Member

It's definitely a pattern that makes their relationship not seem very healthy. it makes it seem like she makes him better but he inhibits her. If it was a one-off reality that would be one thing, but the majority of realities where she's not with Reed she is more successful. Like in the recent Two-in-One where the alt-Sue is the leader of SHIELD and succeeded in doing the one thing the organization always wanted, having every superhero under their control. In that universe she is the leader of every superhero and there are other universes where similar success happens to her when she's not with Reed. It doesn't put their relationship in a positive light.

They should never break up the couple, but it would be interesting to go into their dynamic from Sue's perspective and when compared to alt realities. It would even be interesting seeing Reed's view on it, what does he think he does for Sue? Have a reason why being with Reed makes her better as a person like she does to him otherwise it will just look like he prevents her from reaching her potential. This review of their relationship could even lead to her being more active in the MU and having more things for herself like a career.
    Doesn't it all depend on Sue's definition of success?

Mainstream Marvel Universe - Sue has always been a family person at heart. She wanted the marriage, the kids and the family to be together. Who's to say that THAT isn't the difference between the Sue of this universe and all the other Sues in the multiverse.