Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast
    Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Sue had a great display of power in Annihilation Scourge - Omega today. Like cosmic level display of power.
    I've always said that her powers are literally limitless if not defined and restricted by writers. I know she can only handle so much, but I'd imagine maybe it's like lifting weights. The more she does, with more space/size/weight than the stronger she is.

If she can do this, what's to stop her from moving the planet. Or simply tearing it apart. Why can't she just wipe out entire annihilation army with a long sharp projection. Why cant she lift the army and pluck their limbs like small bugs.

There really isn't much she can't do. Other than maybe supernatural, cosmic or psychic beings, she could pretty much stand agaisnt Xmen, FF, Avengers, etc. And simply explode all their heads
    Last edited by markhyperion; 12-19-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Her recent feat also cemented my opinion that she would be omega if she were a mutant.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    I've always said that her powers are literally limitless if not defined and restricted by writers. I know she can only handle so much, but I'd imagine maybe it's like lifting weights. The more she does, with more space/size/weight than the stronger she is.

If she can do this, what's to stop her from moving the planet. Or simply tearing it apart. Why can't she just wipe out entire annihilation army with a long sharp projection. Why cant she lift the army and pluck their limbs like small bugs.

There really isn't much she can't do. Other than maybe supernatural, cosmic or psychic beings, she could pretty much stand agaisnt Xmen, FF, Avengers, etc. And simply explode all their heads
    As far as Sue's force field powers are concerned, it makes sense for her to have more power behind a simple shape rather than a mobile Green Lantern type construct. Functionality vs. power seems a natural aspect of it. Sue's nastier threats have been of a simpler nature with small pellets in the brain or blood stream as opposed to some Rube Goldberg force field contraption.

As to her getting better at it, I'd be shocked if that wasn't the way it worked. Whether we think of it as writers getting more and better ideas or Sue getting better with her power, the result is she's becoming more powerful. Where Reed and Val think about scientific applications, there could also be some more basic weird aspects that Johnny or Franklin might give her the idea for.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Her recent feat also cemented my opinion that she would be omega if she were a mutant.
    what recent feat was that?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what recent feat was that?
    What Crimz posted above during Annihilation Scourge: Omega: hiding and shielding a planet at the same time. Before she could do one or the other on a ginormous scale, but not both together as far as I know. Unless Crimz knows of other cases.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    What Crimz posted above during Annihilation Scourge: Omega: hiding and shielding a planet at the same time. Before she could do one or the other on a ginormous scale, but not both together as far as I know. Unless Crimz knows of other cases.
    The first thing coming to mind was when she made a force-field that doubled as an invisibility screen was tricked Terrax into thinking he disintegrated the team.
    I forgot the issue, but he blasts each of the members and Sue simultaneously protects them and turns them invisible to make him believe he killed them.

Another similar time was in Marvel Knights when she created a force-field that absorbed and contained ambient light, so that she could use it as a torch.

I'm sure there are other times she's combined both that I can't think of right now, but she's definitely never done something on the scale of a planet before. It's especially impressive for her force-fields which were at most citywide before.

She seems to be naturally reaching the point Johnny was when he became Galactus' herald with her powers back in Waid's run. While that case was a forced evolution, this seems like a more natural growth.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-25-2019 at 08:31 PM.

I'd like to think that briefly hosting the Uni-Power and becoming Captain Universe had a lingering effect on Sue and caused her powers to grow imperceptibly.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

I'd like to think that briefly hosting the Uni-Power and becoming Captain Universe had a lingering effect on Sue and caused her powers to grow imperceptibly.
    At least having her mind more able to handle the stuff she's currently able to do even if her actual powers aren't currently enhanced by those events. More like when the White Queen has controlled Iceman's body and discovered stuff Bobby hadn't used to its potential.

I could see that or something like it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    At least having her mind more able to handle the stuff she's currently able to do even if her actual powers aren't currently enhanced by those events. More like when the White Queen has controlled Iceman's body and discovered stuff Bobby hadn't used to its potential.
    This also makes sense.

The way her powers are explained, she doesn't generate the energy she uses but access it from another plane of existence. It's limitless energy, but her body/mind has a limit to how much it can handle. So her growth in power is basically her being able to access more and more of the energy from Hyperspace. The time she was inhabited by the Uni-power could have effected what her limits are or it could be a natural thing like exercise making you stronger.

The first thing coming to mind was when she made a force-field that doubled as an invisibility screen was tricked Terrax into thinking he disintegrated the team.
    I forgot the issue, but he blasts each of the members and Sue simultaneously protects them and turns them invisible to make him believe he killed them.

Another similar time was in Marvel Knights when she created a force-field that absorbed and contained ambient light, so that she could use it as a torch.

I'm sure there are other times she's combined both that I can't think of right now, but she's definitely never done something on the scale of a planet before. It's especially impressive for her force-fields which were at most citywide before.

She seems to be naturally reaching the point Johnny was when he became Galactus' herald with her powers back in Waid's run. While that case was a forced evolution, this seems like a more natural growth.
    There was an early FF where Sue used her "Invisible Force Screen" on Reed and I always took it as both invisibility and Force Field. I never saw it named that again or used as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    There was an early FF where Sue used her "Invisible Force Screen" on Reed and I always took it as both invisibility and Force Field. I never saw it named that again or used as such.
    Yeah I remember that term being used before at some point.

I just discovered this Darth Vader vs Invisible Woman Rumbles thread by chance, for those interested.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Yeah I remember that term being used before at some point.
    I would always ask others if that was a combo of both, but no one ever remembered it, lol! Thanks, I am glad you did remember it.

(It was when the FF fought the "Sentry Sinister" and Reed was carrying Ben. Sue says something like--and I am going by the old memory here--"Run Reed darling-while I shield you with my Invisible Force Screen!")

Sue's power of this Invisible Force Screen and Johnny's also-never-known "White Heat Blast" were 2 neat new powers I always wanted to see more of but never did and fans don't even mention them--I guess they are unfamiliar with the characters and in-depth powers---with the exception of us here and now, 'natch. We are good, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I would always ask others if that was a combo of both, but no one ever remembered it, lol! Thanks, I am glad you did remember it.

(It was when the FF fought the "Sentry Sinister" and Reed was carrying Ben. Sue says something like--and I am going by the old memory here--"Run Reed darling-while I shield you with my Invisible Force Screen!")

Sue's power of this Invisible Force Screen and Johnny's also-never-known "White Heat Blast" were 2 neat new powers I always wanted to see more of but never did and fans don't even mention them--I guess they are unfamiliar with the characters and in-depth powers---with the exception of us here and now, 'natch. We are good, lol!
    Could it be possible that variations on uses of powers fall into similar categories? A combination of Sue's field and invisibility probably happened a lot as she got better and was able to use both at the same time. As for Johnny, I'm not sure how a "white heat blast" differs that much from a "nova blast". I may be going against the majority here, but sometimes names derived in the sixties should best be left to classic reprints. Especially when the effects are still being used .

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Could it be possible that variations on uses of powers fall into similar categories? A combination of Sue's field and invisibility probably happened a lot as she got better and was able to use both at the same time. As for Johnny, I'm not sure how a "white heat blast" differs that much from a "nova blast". I may be going against the majority here, but sometimes names derived in the sixties should best be left to classic reprints. Especially when the effects are still being used .
    Long and short...Naw.

At this early time, Sue could only do invisibility or force field, not both. Johnny's White Heat Blast was indeed, er, white, not the yellow or red typically shown with going nova. There was no danger of destroying the earth, yet this fire blast was much hotter than any other flame he used and had much more control than going "nova".

These are probably forgotten power aspects we have bought to light and they should be discussed at length!