Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Long and short...Naw.

At this early time, Sue could only do invisibility or force field, not both. Johnny's White Heat Blast was indeed, er, white, not the yellow or red typically shown with going nova. There was no danger of destroying the earth, yet this fire blast was much hotter than any other flame he used and had much more control than going "nova".

These are probably forgotten power aspects we have bought to light and they should be discussed at length!
    They haven't been forgotten. They've been expanded upon. Sue was originally unable to use both invisibility and her force field at the same time. Now she's able to use both simultaneously at levels beyond what she could in the past. While it's conceivable that an "invisible force screen" was her version of training wheels for using both powers at once, It's still a middle step. Johnny's whiteflame is obviously a level between normal flame and nova level. A page in a story describing Johnny's various levels and what colors mean in regards heat and intensity would help. Someone on the board here (Crimz or Ray, I think) described using the color Johnny's in that fashion. Neither is anything but an optimal level at the time which has since been surpassed.

BANNED

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...059799/?page=2

My latest CaV on ComicVine with our girl Sue of course for anyone who's interested

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    They haven't been forgotten. They've been expanded upon. Sue was originally unable to use both invisibility and her force field at the same time. Now she's able to use both simultaneously at levels beyond what she could in the past. While it's conceivable that an "invisible force screen" was her version of training wheels for using both powers at once, It's still a middle step. Johnny's whiteflame is obviously a level between normal flame and nova level. A page in a story describing Johnny's various levels and what colors mean in regards heat and intensity would help. Someone on the board here (Crimz or Ray, I think) described using the color Johnny's in that fashion. Neither is anything but an optimal level at the time which has since been surpassed.
    I've mentioned a few times that I'd like if Johnny's flames changed colour depending on the intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...059799/?page=2

My latest CaV on ComicVine with our girl Sue of course for anyone who's interested
    Thanks for sharing. I like seeing these type of discussions.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I've mentioned a few times that I'd like if Johnny's flames changed colour depending on the intensity.
    I tried to get proper credit assigned. Thank you for pointing that out.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Heads up folks, per the forum policy, this and other 2019 appreciation threads will close at the end of the year. If anyone wants to cap this off with how Sue fared in 2019, we can end this thread in style.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Well, she finally got a solo book. That's a win, even if it was just a mini-series. And it looks like things are looking good for the Fantastic Four in 2020.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Heads up folks, per the forum policy, this and other 2019 appreciation threads will close at the end of the year. If anyone wants to cap this off with how Sue fared in 2019, we can end this thread in style.
    I'll say my piece once I've finished work in a few hours.

I liked the Mark Waid miniseries.

Default 2019 Retrospective

2019 is almost over and we are about to enter a new decade. So I will be talking about not only how the year treated Sue, but also a little bit on how she was during the 2010s.

To start off, I think 2019 has great for Sue. It was the first time that she guest appeared/cameo'd in multiple books outside of the main Fantastic Four. She had awesome
    moments in War of the Realms and Annihilation Scourge alongside the other FF members. She's also appeared without the other FF members in several books, Captain America, Invaders, and Fearless. This has been something I've been talking about for a long time, that Sue needed more of a presence in the MU as an individual like the others do. I'm really happy that Marvel did that for her this year.

The biggest thing from this year was Sue getting her first ever mini. Something that has been nearly 60 years overdue. I'm so happy that she finally got the chance to show how she operates alone and delve into the character. I may have some gripes with the book and Marvel's handling of it, but I still think it's only positive for the character. Not to mention the beautiful art from Mattia De Iulis.
    I hope that this won't be her last solo book and she gets another sometime relatively soon.

Now as for the 2010s as a whole, I think there have been ups and downs for the character. For most of it she still felt like an afterthought even in the main title, with writers just giving her power feats to compensate. A particularly bad time was when the Fantastic Four book was cancelled and she was in limbo for three years. However, there have been some good highs such as:

Her characterization in Hickman's run which was a good start to the decade.
    The time time she kicked the ass of the Avengers' during Robinson's run.
    Being a double agent in Secret Wars
    Pretty much all of 2019 lol

To end, while the decade has been rocky for Sue it ended on really good note. 2019 has been great for the character and I hope the 2020's bring bigger and better things for Sue!

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Hey Crimz,

Could you do me a favor before this thread is closed out.

Which issues of the following is Sue in

War of Realms
    Captain America
    Invaders

Before the year is up, I want to throw a shout-out and deserved kudos to Crimz for their unwavering support of Sue Storm. Thank you for the posts, the thoughts, and your insights. May you see (or not see, lol) Sue in all she deserves in the upcoming new year.

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Hey Crimz,

Could you do me a favor before this thread is closed out.

Which issues of the following is Sue in

War of Realms
    Captain America
    Invaders
    War of the Realms #3 and 5 for very brief cameos of the FF

Captain America #7,9,10,11, and 12 as part of the Daughters of Liberty (who should really get their own book)

Invaders #8

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Before the year is up, I want to throw a shout-out and deserved kudos to Crimz for their unwavering support of Sue Storm. Thank you for the posts, the thoughts, and your insights. May you see (or not see, lol) Sue in all she deserves in the upcoming new year.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-31-2019 at 01:48 PM.

will there be another mini in 2020? Waid writing?

The egomaniacal narcissist in me would like you all to examine the wonders being done with Sue in the Age of Marvel - New Universe thread stickied at the top of the page. One does not need to produce books to buy books, and all are welcome.