Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

If Sue were ever to (hopefully) get her own book and an adjective/tagline, what do you think it would be?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

"Now you see me...now you don't!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    "Now you see me...now you don't!"
    Lol that's a good one.

By Nicolas Bannister

Looks like we really need a mini-series. Well, I really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    Looks like we really need a mini-series. Well, I really need it.
    I need it too.

The current Fantastic Four run has feel like a supporting character.
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-28-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Who would be your dream creative team for an Invisible Woman solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Who would be your dream creative team for an Invisible Woman solo?
    Alan Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Alan Davis.
    I'd love the art for sure. But for a writer, I'd like to see someone who gets my idea of Sue.

Her powers have a lot of potential, but may actually suffer if explained too much. I've been involved in some discussions of her powers and it seems that the deeper we get, the more questions arise and we just need to say "comic book science". But I'd like someone who at least knows someone they can talk to for some terms and roughly hoiw that stuff works.

Sue can drop a couple of blue words. I love this. She's far from Jessica Jones, but for a woman who's capable of maintaining a decent public profile, a more blue collar, almost white trashy streak seems fun. And she is arguably the best example marvel has of a public hero profiie. She likes fame, or she did. Some sort of pop culture connection seems fitting as well.

And she's a family woman. She's the Mom. She's SuperMILF. But we need her to be more in the story.

She's also very intelligent. Alternate Sues are brilliant. Our Sue manages to keep Reed interested and reed's not in it just for her body. But that helps (see SuperMILF). She knows people better than anyone else on the team, except maybe Ben.

She's capable of landing anywhere in science, pop culture, or business for a story. There's a lot there to work with.

I agree that there is a lot to work with in terms of story. There are a lot of different genre's and stories that she could easily fit in, from sci-fi to a spy thriller.

I think it's particularly important to find a writer that has a fun and interesting take on her personality and creative ideas for how to utilize her powers. It's important that she'd be fun to read about, she can't be just reacting to the others big personalities like she often does in the FF comics. So I think the writer would have to be good at making Sue's personality stand out and shine and add to her personality. It's one of the things I think the character desperately needs and it's not likely to happen in the main book as the dynamic tends to just have her just react to whatever the others are doing.

I like the idea of her having a tendency to swear, especially if very angry. It's a personality quirk that makes her seem more human and Sue needs more quirks like that. For me, the goal of a Sue solo is to make her a truly complex character with an interesting personality. The book may sell well or it may not, but the character development would hopefully last and translate to the main FF book. To prevent future writers from doing what's happening in the current run and treat her like a supporting character who's there to react to what the others do.

As for who to write I have no clue. It'd have to be someone who's great at writing endearing and fun characters and is able to develop Sue's character without her being unrecognizable.

Happy international Women's Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    If Sue were ever to (hopefully) get her own book and an adjective/tagline, what do you think it would be?
    I think an adjective would make the name a bit unwieldy. Invisible Woman is six syllables already, and most are three to six syllables including the adjective (Mighty Thor, Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, etc.). Include an adjective, and it would be longer to say than the longest current one I can think of, which is Kamala Khan's new book Magnificent Ms Marvel, a seven syllable name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think an adjective would make the name a bit unwieldy. Invisible Woman is six syllables already, and most are three to six syllables including the adjective (Mighty Thor, Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, etc.). Include an adjective, and it would be longer to say than the longest current one I can think of, which is Kamala Khan's new book Magnificent Ms Marvel, a seven syllable name.
    Maybe, but she could still have a tagline like Gamora or Captain Marvel have.

I am partial to "Now you see me, now you don't! The Invisible Woman!", Lol!