Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Why has Marvel never played up her status as the "first lady" of Marvel? They could have used it to elevate her profile more.
    There are many aspects to Sue which remain terribly underdeveloped. Sue's "first lady" status is certainly one of those and in an era when Carol Danvers is getting Marvel's push, Sue's founding role deserves a good part of the credit.

Sue needs to become a heroine for the 21st century and not have her and Reed trapped by fans reposting dated 50 yr old panels from a time when those behaviors were accepted. Sue's history needs a good cleaning. All that's been updated is her "commies" comment from FF 1 (you know the actual FF1).

I reckon this is truly the era of Susan storm coming up though. In the past she was developed because let’s be honest, most of the creative team was male and they weren’t as interested in her as the other three and Doom. Then there was a lull where there was obvious the rights issue but not she has every opportunity to shine and not only are there more women creatives but quite a lot are mothers too and probably have their own real world experiences to share.

So good times ahead I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I reckon this is truly the era of Susan storm coming up though. In the past she was developed because let’s be honest, most of the creative team was male and they weren’t as interested in her as the other three and Doom. Then there was a lull where there was obvious the rights issue but not she has every opportunity to shine and not only are there more women creatives but quite a lot are mothers too and probably have their own real world experiences to share.

So good times ahead I hope
    I really hope you're right.

Also, with Marvel having the film rights back I wonder what they have planned. They are definitely going to give her a role beyond "Reed's girlfriend" on the initial flight, I wonder what it will be and whether it will effect comic Sue too.
    Last edited by Crimz; 04-06-2019 at 06:22 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Since like forever lol. A lot of my posts are about how underutilized her character is outside of being a mother and how people use her motherhood as an excuse not to have solo adventures.
    I was making a joke. You don’t have to be here very long to know that you are the forum’s A1 Sue fan!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Sue is getting her own book this July by Mark Waid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-solo-in-July!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Sue is getting her own book this July by Mark Waid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-solo-in-July!!!!
    I just saw this and thought of you!! congrats boo!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I just saw this and thought of you!! congrats boo!!

Extraordinary Member

Congratulations, Sue fans - you deserve this. One more first lady of '60s Marvel (the first) getting the respect she earned.

Unbelievable.

Long overdue, but it's just a five issue mini.

Support it if you want an ongoing!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’m intrigued. Not sure about the writer

Once again, "It's about damn time".

I am so pumped that Sue is FINALLY getting a mini. I hope it does well and results in an on-going. I still wish she would become some sort of intergalactic diplomat or something, since we have seen she is good at diplomacy during Hickman's run. But, I am also intruiged what her history as a S.H.I.E.L.D agent will reveal about her and what fun stories it can introduce to us.

I am also very hapy about Mark Waid writing her and have faith he will do her justice and give her a voice that I am personally satisfied with. Also, I am curious about the mystery partner from her missions.

well hopefully the mini will be successful and in 2020 there will be another.

I don't trust Marvel to sustain it as an ongoing. "bench" heroes getting ongoings- It's just not what they do anymore.

oh wow, y'all scored big on the artist too! I hope it proves to be as joyous and worthy of the fandom as y'all hope it to be!