Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Spent some of the money I've been saving not buying new comics: purchased Avengers Annual #10. Yeah, that Avengers Annual #10. Pricey, but I've wanted it for years. Finally pulled the trigger.
    Congratz! You're going to wish that you had two of them, though. Between the great script and amazing Golden art, the pages will be well-worn. Luckily, I was around when the comic was first released. I must have had 4-5 of those comics back in the day. One for archiving, but the rest for reading.

By the way, even though Claremont insists the young girl was a different MP than our Maddy, I'm hoping that some writer will use it as a plot point anyway. Holding out hope that someone decides to make Mr. Sinister a former time traveler.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Congratz! You're going to wish that you had two of them, though. Between the great script and amazing Golden art, the pages will be well-worn. Luckily, I was around when the comic was first released.
    Thanks. I was around then, as well, but wasn't collecting comics. I didn't get into the hobby until G.I. Joe, of which I'm still a fan, and not into the X-Men until '85.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    I REALLY wish the Madelyne from XMen V4 was part of Emma's new Hellfire Club. It would be AMAZING.
    She never interacted with Emma that I can recall, so it could have a TON of drama and characterization for both of them.
    Agreed. Awesome potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Considering Maddie manipulated Scott into having psychic sex with her while he was with Emma, I dont think Emma would care to have her around. Looking exactly like Jean probably doesnt help
    Considering EF has RD (Mystique) working alongside her currently... not sure this is really accurate lol

Plus perhaps MP's resemblance to JG can help EF get over her traumas or somehow be a sense of empowerment with her as a willing ally?

The only thing against it happening is it might make the NuHellfire Club frankly too strong
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member

Default Is that Maddy?

Dare I hope that it is Maddy that is featured on the cover of the June solicit for Uncanny X-Men 19 & 20?
    https://www.newsarama.com/44367-marv...citations.html

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Dare I hope that it is Maddy that is featured on the cover of the June solicit for Uncanny X-Men 19 & 20?
    https://www.newsarama.com/44367-marv...citations.html
    Huh? The covers are revealed and she isnt there

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Congratz! You're going to wish that you had two of them, though. Between the great script and amazing Golden art, the pages will be well-worn. Luckily, I was around when the comic was first released. I must have had 4-5 of those comics back in the day. One for archiving, but the rest for reading.

By the way, even though Claremont insists the young girl was a different MP than our Maddy, I'm hoping that some writer will use it as a plot point anyway. Holding out hope that someone decides to make Mr. Sinister a former time traveler.
    I know Claremont always said it was an inside joke, but in my headcanon the child Maddie was Sinister's first attempt at cloning Jean, a flawed experiment (because of the age and because she was sick) he eventually got rid of. Doesn't really contradict anything so it's always worked for me.

Astonishing Member

can't copy links but there is a red head in Hellfire club gear holding Scott's visor on the preview I saw. Yea could be a Mastermind controlled homage Phoenix Jean but it could also be Maddy.

Here's a question for y'all: Do you like regular, wifee Maddie or just the Goblin Queen Maddie?

BANNED

can't copy links but there is a red head in Hellfire club gear holding Scott's visor on the preview I saw. Yea could be a Mastermind controlled homage Phoenix Jean but it could also be Maddy.
    Which preview?

Astonishing Member

I have to say GQ Maddy, as the Goblin Queen or basically from the Outback X-Men to Inferno, Maddy started to fight back, got over Scott, hooked up with Alex and got the powers, the attitude and that iconic outfit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Which preview?
    not a preview but the cover of the June 2019 solits my bad misspoke.

It's a blonde not a redhead, just gets a red tint due to the red background light.

Yeah I dont get why he keeps saying Maddie on the cover. The hair isnt even red. Its clearly Emma whom we know is confirmed to be appearing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah I dont get why he keeps saying Maddie on the cover. The hair isnt even red. Its clearly Emma whom we know is confirmed to be appearing
    She's got a red diamond on her chest. I thought she was Miss Sinister who shape shifted into a blond form. But it is clear her hair isn't red, and this is not Madelyne.

I do hope they find a way to bring Madelyne back, I wouldn't mind too if her motives are different and she doesn't outright attack the X-Men, just has her own agenda that causes her to sometimes intersect with the X-Men and maybe even the Avengers too. I definitely want to see her going against Mr Sinister, those two should never be allies, I prefer if Maddie always despises Sinister.