Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    Jean >>>>>>>>> Maddie.
    Nobody needs Maddie with Jean around. She only makes everything more convoluted without any need.
    part of what appeals maddie to me is how she embodies the ultimate “woman scorned”, especially in a meta sense - even her character was taken away from her, her intended happy ending ret-conned. She’s convoluted because she was made that way...I’d love to see how her oozing, devilish rage translates into a modern book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    part of what appeals maddie to me is how she embodies the ultimate “woman scorned”, especially in a meta sense - even her character was taken away from her, her intended happy ending ret-conned. She’s convoluted because she was made that way...I’d love to see how her oozing, devilish rage translates into a modern book.
    I think she'd get a lot more sympathy, or at least nuance, in a modern book compared to how she was originally depicted, given how much more aware we are today of how the narrative of a situation can be represented or interpreted in a way that exonerates or validates men at the expense of scapegoating or overtly demonizing women. (Literally so, in Madelyne's case.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    So, would anyone like to see 616Maddie return in the new line of X-comics?

I think that you could get some interesting stories out of her living on Krakoa with some of the other more villainous mutants. There are plenty of characters like Magneto, Mystique, and maybe Exodus around. And, with all of the characters around you wouldn't even have to involve her in stories with Scott and Jean.

If you wanted a redemption story for her, there are plenty of X-Men on Krakoa that she was friends with before she became the Goblin Queen. Perhaps she could help them out against Mr. Sinister.

For fans that prefer that Maddie remain a villain, perhaps she could become a magic using antagonist for Psylocke over in Excalibur. I believe that that comic is supposed to deal with magic.
    I long for her return she is one of my two favorite all time X-Men characters. I was hoping when Alex "died" at the end of Uncanny that once again he was transported to the Mutant X universe only to find that 616 Maddie had been their for quite some time, maybe that universe's child of Alex and Maddy used his abilities to find his parents only to pull the 616 versions of them over instead. Maddy needs redemption, she needs to be kept separate from Scott and Jean but her relationship to her kids, Cable, Kid Cable, Stryfe and Alex need to be restored. Madelyne was done wrong by Scott and more importantly by the Marvel editors, but the Uncanny Claremont version of Maddy was a compelling, and deep character that engaged me in ways that the real Jean Grey ever did, Phoenix doesn't count. For me Maddy can be a hero just one that gives zero f's for Scott and Jean. She should never be on a team with or living at the same compound with those two but she could easily be apart of a rival team.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its a missed oppurtunity to not do anything with Madelyne and Kid Cable while he's around. Ditto with Hope. When Cable died, they should have had Maddie swoop in to bond with her instead of Jean as that would have created an interesting family dynamic with all 4.
    I have read only five or six of Nate's old X-Man comic from the 90's. And, while I like Cable well enough I have only read his comics on and off. Has there ever been a story written that shows what Cable thinks of Maddie? Has he stated anywhere that he has forgiven Maddie for trying to sacrifice him during Inferno? Or does he just not waist time thinking about her one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I don't know if I would go for the "woman scorned" story with Maddie again. And I would probably keep her away from Scott. But yeah, seeing her devolish personality and use of magic might be fun. I don't think that we got to see that enough in Fraction's run.
    But, that is just my opinion. Other readers may have been satisfied with Fraction's Maddie story

BANNED

Lol, without Jean or Scott Maddie wouldn't even exist. They are the only reason anybody remembers she existed.

I don't know if I would go for the "woman scorned" story with Maddie again. And I would probably keep her away from Scott. But yeah, seeing her devolish personality and use of magic might be fun. I don't think that we got to see that enough in Fraction's run.
    But, that is just my opinion. Other readers may have been satisfied with Fraction's Maddie story
    agreed, the woman scorned angle is passé in all media in general...im ready to see her demonic anger “updated” if you will. And yeah NO scott just yet please lol

I have read only five or six of Nate's old X-Man comic from the 90's. And, while I like Cable well enough I have only read his comics on and off. Has there ever been a story written that shows what Cable thinks of Maddie? Has he stated anywhere that he has forgiven Maddie for trying to sacrifice him during Inferno? Or does he just not waist time thinking about her one way or the other.
    they've interacted on panel a few times

ouch thanks for posting, so much potential here thats rarely tapped into. I'd love to see what would happen were madelyne to choose not to be alone..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think she'd get a lot more sympathy, or at least nuance, in a modern book compared to how she was originally depicted, given how much more aware we are today of how the narrative of a situation can be represented or interpreted in a way that exonerates or validates men at the expense of scapegoating or overtly demonizing women. (Literally so, in Madelyne's case.)
    I agree with you. We may see just that in upcoming XMen now that the team has been relaunched.

BANNED

nononononono
    bringing Maddie back would only make Jean look like a homewrecker, Cable like some kind of bastard and **** over Cyclops too.
    and for what?
    she doesn't bring anything to the table.

Let her be forgotten, everything is better that way.

nononononono
    bringing Maddie back would only make Jean look like a homewrecker, Cable like some kind of bastard and **** over Cyclops too.
    and for what?
    she doesn't bring anything to the table.

Let her be forgotten, everything is better that way.
    Maddie's been brought back multiple times and none of that happened. She's a significant part of these character's past and its best she is acknowledged,not forgotten

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maddie's been brought back multiple times and none of that happened. She's a significant part of these character's past and its best she is acknowledged,not forgotten
    Nothing has happened because she doesn't stick and doesn't talk for long periods of time with anybody. If she did it would be really awkward.
    Maddie is brought back and forgotten after because nobody news what to do with her because Jean is better on every way.
    Why would anybody hurt other characters just to keep yet another Jean derivate?

Nothing has happened because she doesn't stick and doesn't talk for long periods of time with anybody. If she did it would be really awkward.
    Maddie is brought back and forgotten after because nobody news what to do with her because Jean is better on every way.
    She stuck around for a long time in the 90s. Just about 5 years. Her presence doesnt hurt anyone. There really should have been more done with her and Jean than we actually got. It likely wont happen but hopefully she is brought back to interact with Kid Cable, Jean and Hope

BANNED

But why would anybody bring her back if she doesn't bring nothing that other characters don't do better in a less problematic way?

Amazing Member

Why does bringing Maddie back have to hurt Jean? You'd noted above that bringing her in only makes Jean look like a homewrecker, but she didn't do that. Thinking back to the original X-Factor, when she found out Scott bailed on Maddie she was pissed and pushed him away. Said he should go back. She did the right thing and she's 100% innocent in this. If you look how Scott was portrayed there, and later with the whole Emma thing, it's never been Jean that was the problem in their relationship. It's been Scott. I think there is a place for Maddie in the X-books, independent of Jean and Scott. It just needs the right writer to do it.