Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Listening to Joy Crookes' "Power" made me reach for the pencil and pad. Random suggestion, but not a bad choice. I wonder if Madelyne would ever change her appearance to be more unique, less of an echo?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Claremont wrote Maddie an alt-world redemption story in X-Men --the End. But will the PTB let him--or any writer--do one in the 616?

I'd buy that.

Wolverine suggested something like that during Inferno, when he told Havok, "That ain't the Madelyne you remember! Our Madelyne had her problems, sure, but that thing's a demon conjuring. It's what stole her away from you!" (quoted from memory)

Scott himself observed that the Firefountain's gifts reflected basic aspects of the recipients lives and personalities.

I'd say Ben Riley, since I don't know Kaine.

Sinister isn't even consistent about Maddie's origin. In one version, he made her after Jean's apparent death. In another version, Madelyne was already grown to physical adulthood; and Sinister was about to take her off life support when she awakened crying out Scott's name.

Here's a theory: The Phoenix Force said, "I gave Madelyne life." What if the PF found Maddie, not in sinister's lab, but in the cockpit of a crashed and burning plane? Sensing a passion for life that matched Jean's, the PF took the dying pilot's soul/essence and implanted it in the inert clone body. The problem with that, IMHO, is that it dodges the issue of prejudice against clones. Has any Marvel writer actually come out and said, Clones have souls"?
    We know Sinster’s clones don’t degenerate as fast as Jackal’s Clones (perhaps Warren didn’t have the years to perfect his work like Essex.....Essex has been researching Mutants in general, 2 in particular, for decades.......Warren was just obsessed with Gwen Stacy.....which is somehow creepier......).......Clones in Marvel, and in general, are always a sticky subject when it comes to souls, free will, etc....some are used more for warfare (Captain Rex, Wolf, Cody, Gregor of the Grand Army of the Republic), some for schemes (Ben Reilly, Kaine Parker, the Gwen Stacy Clones, Madelyn Pryor), some to extend life (Palpatine in the Legends lore), some to replace a fallen hero (Superboy/ Conner Kent)......they’ve all been used in fiction in various capacities......

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    We know Sinster’s clones don’t degenerate as fast as Jackal’s Clones (perhaps Warren didn’t have the years to perfect his work like Essex.....Essex has been researching Mutants in general, 2 in particular, for decades.......Warren was just obsessed with Gwen Stacy.....which is somehow creepier......).......Clones in Marvel, and in general, are always a sticky subject when it comes to souls, free will, etc....some are used more for warfare (Captain Rex, Wolf, Cody, Gregor of the Grand Army of the Republic), some for schemes (Ben Reilly, Kaine Parker, the Gwen Stacy Clones, Madelyn Pryor), some to extend life (Palpatine in the Legends lore), some to replace a fallen hero (Superboy/ Conner Kent)......they’ve all been used in fiction in various capacities......
    According to Death herself in Peter David's Scarlet Spider, Ben Reilly does (or did) have a soul. Blackened and twisted by his multiple torturous resurrections at the original Jackal's hands, but it existed. And as of the Lizard's tie-in issue for Amazing Spider-Man's first big saga Hunted, it was confirmed for Curt Connors by Doctor Strange that the "reanimated" Billy Connors (and presumably Martha Connors as well) had the same soul as the "original" Billy, so on some level, it seems as long as someone is a living, conscious, intelligent being, s/he does have a soul, regardless of the circumstances of how s/he came to exist.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Madelyne had a soul bc she had the portion of Jean that the PF originally took from her. I doubt the psychic ghost that Nate Grey conjured had one though

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Madelyne had a soul bc she had the portion of Jean that the PF originally took from her. I doubt the psychic ghost that Nate Grey conjured had one though
    Then Madelyn was Reborn recently....,about a year or so before her sometimes rival.....i sense another rematch coming.......May take a few months to a year, but I’m certain Madelyn would once again strike (assuming she’s still out for revenge, she could just want to be left out of the madness associated with the X Teams.......maybe.....for all we know she’s behind Nate’s recent rampage and pulling Emma’s strings......)

Then Madelyn was Reborn recently....,about a year or so before her sometimes rival.....i sense another rematch coming.......May take a few months to a year, but I’m certain Madelyn would once again strike (assuming she’s still out for revenge, she could just want to be left out of the madness associated with the X Teams.......maybe.....for all we know she’s behind Nate’s recent rampage and pulling Emma’s strings......)
    Please, NO!!! Madelyne was thrown under the bus to absolve Scott; and ever since then, Marvel has kept dragging her back to drive the bus over her again. Yes, there have been moments, especially in X-Man, when she seemed to feel regret for what happened in Inferno; but Marvel hasn't followed up on these occurrences. I call these plot lint because they don't last long enough to become plot threads. I want to see Maddie coming to terms what the Goblin Queen did and finding her way back to the honest and self-reliant woman Claremont intended her to be.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Please, NO!!! Madelyne was thrown under the bus to absolve Scott; and ever since then, Marvel has kept dragging her back to drive the bus over her again. Yes, there have been moments, especially in X-Man, when she seemed to feel regret for what happened in Inferno; but Marvel hasn't followed up on these occurrences. I call these plot lint because they don't last long enough to become plot threads. I want to see Maddie coming to terms what the Goblin Queen did and finding her way back to the honest and self-reliant woman Claremont intended her to be.
    Then that would involve transplanting her off the X Orbit, to either Avengers, Cap,Thor, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy, Silver Surfer, Dr Strange, Deaths Head, Exiles, Machine Man, Howard the Duck, Deadpool, Power Pack, Future Foundation, Invaders. Squadron Supreme, Starjammers, Venom, Scarlet Spider, Captain Marvel, MI 13, Black Knight, Eternals, Hercules........

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Then that would involve transplanting her off the X Orbit, to either Avengers, Cap,Thor, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy, Silver Surfer, Dr Strange, Deaths Head, Exiles, Machine Man, Howard the Duck, Deadpool, Power Pack, Future Foundation, Invaders. Squadron Supreme, Starjammers, Venom, Scarlet Spider, Captain Marvel, MI 13, Black Knight, Eternals, Hercules........
    Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly and Kaine Parker) would be best. They could relate on a lot of things.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It's a big world. The X-universe is such a small microcosm...of both stories and possibilities. I'd be fine with Madelyne escaping for good.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Check out X-Men: Grand Design X-Tinction #1 for a dose of Madelyne.

I thought it was great, really sympathetic towards her, yikes, I felt for her.

She was the stand-out character of the book, no doubt

So, would anyone like to see 616Maddie return in the new line of X-comics?

I think that you could get some interesting stories out of her living on Krakoa with some of the other more villainous mutants. There are plenty of characters like Magneto, Mystique, and maybe Exodus around. And, with all of the characters around you wouldn't even have to involve her in stories with Scott and Jean.

If you wanted a redemption story for her, there are plenty of X-Men on Krakoa that she was friends with before she became the Goblin Queen. Perhaps she could help them out against Mr. Sinister.

For fans that prefer that Maddie remain a villain, perhaps she could become a magic using antagonist for Psylocke over in Excalibur. I believe that that comic is supposed to deal with magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    So, would anyone like to see 616Maddie return in the new line of X-comics?

I think that you could get some interesting stories out of her living on Krakoa with some of the other more villainous mutants. There are plenty of characters like Magneto, Mystique, and maybe Exodus around. And, with all of the characters around you wouldn't even have to involve her in stories with Scott and Jean.

If you wanted a redemption story for her, there are plenty of X-Men on Krakoa that she was friends with before she became the Goblin Queen. Perhaps she could help them out against Mr. Sinister.

For fans that prefer that Maddie remain a villain, perhaps she could become a magic using antagonist for Psylocke over in Excalibur. I believe that that comic is supposed to deal with magic.
    I'm dying to see if any of the new creative teams have the balls to show us how madelyne fits into the new status quo...probably not as part of Krakoa, I feel like she'll be an "outsider" if she shows up ... Fallen angels? Too bad that book'll probably flop sales wise lol. Maybe Hickman has something in store for his summers arc?

Its a missed oppurtunity to not do anything with Madelyne and Kid Cable while he's around. Ditto with Hope. When Cable died, they should have had Maddie swoop in to bond with her instead of Jean as that would have created an interesting family dynamic with all 4.

Fucked-up time-displaced dysfunctional "family" team book - sold! Take my money already

BANNED

Jean >>>>>>>>> Maddie.
    Nobody needs Maddie with Jean around. She only makes everything more convoluted without any need.