Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Theres no one to resurrect as Maddie's been alive for years, before Jean ever came back. No one at Marvel seems to want to do anything with that though

I really dont like your scenario. Maddie needs to be her own person, not half of Jean, which does her no favors and ultimately sets her up to be eliminated again so that Jean can be made whole
    Yeah I thought Maddie was still alive after her last resurrection which was performed with her original body. Didn't Storm allow Maddie and whomever it was to go in exchange for releasing Rachel and letting them take down the actual target in their comic. Haha, I need to reread that stuff I barely remember what was happening, I just remember that they let Maddie go and didn't pursue her.

Yeah Maddie was already alive. Even if she was first "awaken" with a part of Jean's soul, she doesn't need that to be alive. Nightcrawler for example just doesn't have a soul anymore after he died and came back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah Maddie was already alive. Even if she was first "awaken" with a part of Jean's soul, she doesn't need that to be alive. Nightcrawler for example just doesn't have a soul anymore after he died and came back.
    Oh, she's been alive since Sisterhood. The body of Ana Cortez was genetically modified to resemble Jean Grey, and the psionic ghost of Madelyne Pryor/the Red Queen was placed in it. So she is very much alive.

Only we haven't seen Red Queen/Maddie since. Hopeless brought over his Secret Wars Goblin/Demon Queen Maddie. However, as X-Men Blue was wrapping up Secret Wars Maddie got banished from this plan of existence.

With the 90s nostalgia going on, this is probably the best time for Maddie to return. While Nate and Cable are in the picture.

I really wish someone would just have Maddie reorganize the Sisterhood. Maddie, Selene, Enchantress, Typhoid Mary, and Lady Deathstrike would make an awesome villain team for either the X-Men or the Avengers and they could add more members.

Not only bring back Maddie, bring back the Sisterhood!

But I think Maddie got screwed over when Wood, who brought her back as a part of the Sisterhood got let go from his job at X-Men due to sexual harassment allegations. No one else wanted to pick up where he left off......

Though we've seen other resurrected Sisterhood members, such as Selene who is busy in Captain America or Lady Deathstrike.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    This. I don't think the current Maddie is a part of Jean's soul. I think she was created with X-Man was desperate to get Jean/his mother. He reached out to her and couldn't get her, but he accidentally created Maddie, a psionic being.

Original Maddy had her soul fragment reabsorbed by Jean, but Red Queen Maddie doesn't need that to be alive. She's existed as a psionic ghost and as of Sisterhood now has her own physical body if someone wants to use that storyline.

Yes, the "original" Madelyne was reabsorbed into Jean, but was never fully integrated as her psyche was too strong to submit to being integrated. Jean expelled Madelyne's psyche (along with Phoenix's). Nate reconstituted the psychic essence of Madelyne's psyche and gave it physical form, to which she became a psychic construct/being.

Now she's in a real body again so "OG" Maddie is back, IMO.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Yes, the "original" Madelyne was reabsorbed into Jean, but was never fully integrated as her psyche was too strong to submit to being integrated. Jean expelled Madelyne's psyche (along with Phoenix's). Nate reconstituted the psychic essence of Madelyne's psyche and gave it physical form, to which she became a psychic construct/being.

Now she's in a real body again so "OG" Maddie is back, IMO.
    Gotcha. That I get.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

So if Madelyne was to play a role in War of the Realms, how would you like to see her featured?

Astonishing Member

Maddy has a history as an Asgardian sort of, given healer powers by Loki and 'becoming' Anodyne. I just want Maddy featured in Uncanny with Alex and far from Scott. I see her as conflicted in any circumstance. Maddy typically was never an outright villain she just has issues were Scott and Jean are concerned so I could see her on the side of the angels until Scott shows up then things get tricky but hopefully her relationship with Alex and her friendship with Logan could convince her to do the right thing regardless of the fact that Scott would want her to do it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Maddy has a history as an Asgardian sort of, given healer powers by Loki and 'becoming' Anodyne. I just want Maddy featured in Uncanny with Alex and far from Scott. I see her as conflicted in any circumstance. Maddy typically was never an outright villain she just has issues were Scott and Jean are concerned so I could see her on the side of the angels until Scott shows up then things get tricky but hopefully her relationship with Alex and her friendship with Logan could convince her to do the right thing regardless of the fact that Scott would want her to do it as well.
    If Maddie is a clone of Jean, how come she got powers from a magic firefountain that supposedly worked only on people without an X-gene? My theory is that Anodyne was an early manifestation of Madelyne's mutant powers: micro-level telekinesis for physical healing, telepathic rapport for mental healing. When the firefountain died, she lost her powers because she didn't realize they were really hers. But why, in Genosha, couldn't Wipeout wipe out her powers? BTW, in X-Man she could heal again--both herself and Sebastian Shaw.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    If Maddie is a clone of Jean, how come she got powers from a magic firefountain that supposedly worked only on people without an X-gene?
    Not only that, Maddy never registered on Cerebero. She never read as a mutant to psi scans. Caliban probably wouldn't detect her as a mutant, either. Sinister either stripped her completely of the X-gene, or Maddy is naturally magically adept and putting her near that much raw, concentrated mystical energy triggered her own innate magical powers. Let's not forget that the first mystics and shamans were usually tribal healers.

And now that I think about it, with War of the Realms going on, it would be really cool if Maddy was seen mastering the eldritch arts of Asgard under the Norns. With Karnilla in Hel, perhaps the Red Queen can represent the Norns? I can almost see a Walt Simonson-like rendering of Maddy as the Lady of Skeins and new Norn Queen watering the roots of Yggsdrasill as part of her daily ritual.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-09-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

If Maddie is a clone of Jean, how come she got powers from a magic firefountain that supposedly worked only on people without an X-gene? My theory is that Anodyne was an early manifestation of Madelyne's mutant powers: micro-level telekinesis for physical healing, telepathic rapport for mental healing. When the firefountain died, she lost her powers because she didn't realize they were really hers. But why, in Genosha, couldn't Wipeout wipe out her powers? BTW, in X-Man she could heal again--both herself and Sebastian Shaw.
    She was too powerful for Wipeout to affect. As for healing, Red Queen Maddie in the first Sisterhood storyline healed Chinera.

So she has been shown healing in the 21st century.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Not only that, Maddy never registered on Cerebero. She never read as a mutant to psi scans. Caliban probably wouldn't detect her as a mutant, either. Sinister either stripped her completely of the X-gene, or Maddy is naturally magically adept and putting her near that much raw, concentrated mystical energy triggered her own innate magical powers. Let's not forget that the first mystics and shamans were usually tribal healers.

And now that I think about it, with War of the Realms going on, it would be really cool if Maddy was seen mastering the eldritch arts of Asgard under the Norns. With Karnilla in Hel, perhaps the Red Queen can represent the Norns? I can almost see a Walt Simonson-like rendering of Maddy as the Lady of Skeins and new Norn Queen watering the roots of Yggsdrasill as part of her daily ritual.
    Xavier himself could not read Maddie’s mind. She likely was programmed by Sinister too subconsciously shield herself.

As for Maddie’s current status, she now has a physical body because of Arkea and the Enchantress. So that’s another Asgardian connection.

Bc her being a clone is a retcon. Retcons tend to contradict material thats come before quite often. Its as simple as that. The rest of that stuff is supposed to be ignored

Astonishing Member

I also want to see a real reaction of Maddie to Cable's "death" and her to interact with Teen Cable.

I would not be surprised if Maddie was the only one who prefers Teen Cable