Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I would not be surprised if Maddie was the only one who prefers Teen Cable
    He's the same character. Jean nor Scott seemed to distinguish between him as both see him as the child they raised. He's just a few years removed from when they left him. Im really interested in seeing Hope interacting with him. Hope and Maddie would actually be interesting bc she doesnt have the bad history with her that many of the other characters do and Maddie is technically her grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's the same character. Jean nor Scott seemed to distinguish between him as both see him as the child they raised. He's just a few years removed from when they left him. Im really interested in seeing Hope interacting with him. Hope and Maddie would actually be interesting bc she doesnt have the bad history with her that many of the other characters do and Maddie is technically her grandma
    Yes, it could be interesting.

Yes, it could be interesting.
    Especially if Jean and Bishop become a couple, that would ruin whatever relationship Hope and Jean just established. She doesnt have much family, which would be an opportunity for Maddie to swoop in and take an interest in her

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Xavier himself could not read Maddie’s mind. She likely was programmed by Sinister too subconsciously shield herself.
    Actually, Xavier could probe Maddy's mind. He was the one who discovered that Maddy was pregnant in the X-Men & Alpha Flight books when he scanned Scott and Maddy to see if the source of her new powers was sinister in origin. Perhaps writers weren't always consistent on that point?

I still think having Maddy as an alternate Earth Jean helps here. It's a fairly easy retcon. Just make Mr. Sinister a secret agent of Immortus and the Time-Keepers. He stumbled upon an alternate Jean in his travels. A young version of Jean, who while not a mutant, was a potential Chronal Nexus Being of unimaginable power. Sinister breaks one of the Time-Keepers rules and kidnaps that Jean, mindwipes her using Immortus' advanced technology and attempts to make several clones of Maddy in an attempt to increase his own power, thus making himself a major player in the Chronal Wars of the Time-Keepers vs. the Time-Twisters. Of course, he fails. The rest of Maddy's "history" plays as depicted...at least until the Time-Keepers show up and threaten to eliminate Maddy and all of her progeny as a "violation" of the time stream. Maddy, needing aid, turns to the X-Men to help retrieve the Forever Crystal fragments hidden in Hel, Limbo, Duat (the Egyptian Underworld) and the Dark Dimension of all places. Without it, Maddy and every occurrence tied to her since she was brought to the 616 timeline 20+ years ago will be wiped from existence. Maddy fighting on the side of the angels to save the life of Cable, not to mention all of the younger X-folks, is the kind of story that I want to read.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Considering that now Maddie and Scott are both alive and Maddie has not tried to do anything evil in years, it would be nice to just make peace as adults and that's it.

Amazing Member

MADDIE-PJ.jpg

I follow Phil Jimenez on IG and he drew this up the other day. It's pretty nice.

Considering that now Maddie and Scott are both alive and Maddie has not tried to do anything evil in years, it would be nice to just make peace as adults and that's it.
    JDW doesn't seem to believe that this Maddie is the actual 80's era Maddie, which you can make a strong case for since she was absorbed by Jean at the end of Inferno. I don't think this version of Maddie has actually ever returned. Correct me if I'm wrong here but she was constructed by Nate's mind, not actually resurrected, when she appeared in X-Man. Further, isn't this the version that's been bouncing around with the Hellfire Cult and tried to snatch Jean's corpse during Sisterhood?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    JDW doesn't seem to believe that this Maddie is the actual 80's era Maddie, which you can make a strong case for since she was absorbed by Jean at the end of Inferno. I don't think this version of Maddie has actually ever returned. Correct me if I'm wrong here but she was constructed by Nate's mind, not actually resurrected, when she appeared in X-Man. Further, isn't this the version that's been bouncing around with the Hellfire Cult and tried to snatch Jean's corpse during Sisterhood?
    She's the same character and she got a body in X-men v4's Sisterhood.

She left and never came back.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I REALLY wish the Madelyne from XMen V4 was part of Emma's new Hellfire Club. It would be AMAZING.
    She never interacted with Emma that I can recall, so it could have a TON of drama and characterization for both of them.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    I REALLY wish the Madelyne from XMen V4 was part of Emma's new Hellfire Club. It would be AMAZING.
    She never interacted with Emma that I can recall, so it could have a TON of drama and characterization for both of them.
    Considering Maddie manipulated Scott into having psychic sex with her while he was with Emma, I dont think Emma would care to have her around. Looking exactly like Jean probably doesnt help

I still can't believe Kris Anka gave her Hillary Clinton pants.

She left and never came back.
    I'm sure it won't be too long before we see her again. I just hope it's not as a Scott stalker. Or a Jean stalker. Despite her convoluted past, I still see so much potential with Maddy. If she has to be a villain, I'd like to see her rise to the top of the list for all of Marvel's heroes, not just the X-Men.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Considering Maddie manipulated Scott into having psychic sex with her while he was with Emma, I dont think Emma would care to have her around. Looking exactly like Jean probably doesnt help
    Emma is practical. If it served a greater purpose to have Maddy around, Emma would probably put her personal feelings on the back burner.

Spent some of the money I've been saving not buying new comics: purchased Avengers Annual #10. Yeah, that Avengers Annual #10. Pricey, but I've wanted it for years. Finally pulled the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    While Nate has been shown to create physical constructs like he did when he created an AoA version of Gwen Stacy when he was hanging out with Spider-Man, or even an arm when a friend of his was injured in an accident, he actually subconsciously tapped into Madelyne's psychic essence and reconstituted it, giving it physical form. She was technically still dead by medical standards since she didn't have a true body (as Threnody told her when she tried to use her power on her). Only when Arkea brought her back was she truly resurrected. Maddie is the same character as made evident when Tessa snuck into her mind while she was asleep and accidentally cured Maddie of her amnesia and she remembered everything up until her death.

Selene also took an interest in Maddie because she could sense the power in her and made her a protege, before Maddie broke away from Selene after regaining her memories.
    Last edited by Drey; 03-13-2019 at 06:03 AM.