Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 109
  1. #91
    Incredible Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Yeah, we’ll definitely be having a few filler issues before Absolute Carnage.

    What does everyone think of the Web of Venom issues? I liked the first 2 but feel like the other 2 didn’t further the story as much.

  2. #92
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah, we’ll definitely be having a few filler issues before Absolute Carnage.

    What does everyone think of the Web of Venom issues? I liked the first 2 but feel like the other 2 didn’t further the story as much.
    I've enjoyed all 4 issues. Carnage Born being my favorite and Cult of Carnage being my least liked.

  3. #93
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    715

    Default

    What’s going on with venom in this event? In his tie in venom issues he has a special suit created by magic that isn’t his real suit, yet in the WOR main book and war avengers book he seems to be using it and Malakeith even mentions talking to his suit so I’m a bit confused here. Is he going to get his original sit back before he meets with Carol Danvers or is this a continuity issue?

  4. #94
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Today's issue was okay. Really can tell the difference in Cate's writing & Bunn's. All the self bantering kind of killed the pace. Would have been okay if it had the metal AF style of Cate's but Bunn writes like he has no heart in it.

  5. #95
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    55

    Default

    I keep hearing this recent Venom run is amazing.

    Based on the Knull storyline, which issues are key or important?

  6. #96
    Spectacular Member KROENEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    171

    Default

    I'm disappointed the series got pulled into the War of Realms event, kind of interrupts the thrust of the main narrative, but these latest issues weren't too bad, but I think you could probably skip over them in the long run.

  7. #97
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    What’s going on with venom in this event? In his tie in venom issues he has a special suit created by magic that isn’t his real suit, yet in the WOR main book and war avengers book he seems to be using it and Malakeith even mentions talking to his suit so I’m a bit confused here. Is he going to get his original sit back before he meets with Carol Danvers or is this a continuity issue?
    After today's issue, I'm actually more confused than ever. I don't get what's going on or how this ties into the war of the realms issues.

  8. #98
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    I keep hearing this recent Venom run is amazing.

    Based on the Knull storyline, which issues are key or important?
    First twelve issues, primarily the first six. The latter six issues delve more into Eddie Brock and his roots, such as they are, and reveal that all symbiotes leave traces of themselves in their former hosts' biochemistry, traces that also record the memories and experiences of said hosts and connect them to the greater symbiote hive mind. Something like that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  9. #99
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Thanks Huntsman - Will check them out.

  10. #100
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,469

    Default

    Is anyone reading Symbiote Spider-Man? There is a page at the very end, like a post credits thing. If anyone read it, a question:

    spoilers:
    Is that Eddie Brock?
    end of spoilers

  11. #101
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    60

    Default

    That’s my thought, but the solicitation for the Absolute Carnage tie-in makes it seem like it’s someone else.

  12. #102
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Thanks Huntsman - Will check them out.
    You're welcome. Hope you enjoy the read.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  13. #103
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Just worth mentioning. if you're a fan of the current Venom run you should check out Silver Surfer Black. It's kind of connected.

  14. #104
    Y'know. Pav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valcrist View Post
    Just worth mentioning. if you're a fan of the current Venom run you should check out Silver Surfer Black. It's kind of connected.
    Plus, the first issue of Silver Surfer is just amazing in its own right. The art especially is bananas.

    -Pav, who wonders where Ben Reilly is going to show up in Absolute Carnage...
    2019 Marvel Monthly Buys: Superior Spider-Man Runaways Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors Silver Surfer: Black Death's Head

    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my middle school students! DM for details

  15. #105
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Can someone please help me understand how Venom is in War of the Realms? Did we miss something? Did someone **** up? Or is the Symbiote all by itself with no Eddie?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •