Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah, we’ll definitely be having a few filler issues before Absolute Carnage.

What does everyone think of the Web of Venom issues? I liked the first 2 but feel like the other 2 didn’t further the story as much.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah, we’ll definitely be having a few filler issues before Absolute Carnage.

What does everyone think of the Web of Venom issues? I liked the first 2 but feel like the other 2 didn’t further the story as much.
    I've enjoyed all 4 issues. Carnage Born being my favorite and Cult of Carnage being my least liked.

Incredible Member

What’s going on with venom in this event? In his tie in venom issues he has a special suit created by magic that isn’t his real suit, yet in the WOR main book and war avengers book he seems to be using it and Malakeith even mentions talking to his suit so I’m a bit confused here. Is he going to get his original sit back before he meets with Carol Danvers or is this a continuity issue?

Amazing Member

Today's issue was okay. Really can tell the difference in Cate's writing & Bunn's. All the self bantering kind of killed the pace. Would have been okay if it had the metal AF style of Cate's but Bunn writes like he has no heart in it.

Fantastic Member

I keep hearing this recent Venom run is amazing.

Based on the Knull storyline, which issues are key or important?

I'm disappointed the series got pulled into the War of Realms event, kind of interrupts the thrust of the main narrative, but these latest issues weren't too bad, but I think you could probably skip over them in the long run.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    What’s going on with venom in this event? In his tie in venom issues he has a special suit created by magic that isn’t his real suit, yet in the WOR main book and war avengers book he seems to be using it and Malakeith even mentions talking to his suit so I’m a bit confused here. Is he going to get his original sit back before he meets with Carol Danvers or is this a continuity issue?
    After today's issue, I'm actually more confused than ever. I don't get what's going on or how this ties into the war of the realms issues.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    I keep hearing this recent Venom run is amazing.

Based on the Knull storyline, which issues are key or important?
    First twelve issues, primarily the first six. The latter six issues delve more into Eddie Brock and his roots, such as they are, and reveal that all symbiotes leave traces of themselves in their former hosts' biochemistry, traces that also record the memories and experiences of said hosts and connect them to the greater symbiote hive mind. Something like that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Thanks Huntsman - Will check them out.

Extraordinary Member

Is anyone reading Symbiote Spider-Man? There is a page at the very end, like a post credits thing. If anyone read it, a question:

spoilers:
    Is that Eddie Brock?
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

That’s my thought, but the solicitation for the Absolute Carnage tie-in makes it seem like it’s someone else.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Thanks Huntsman - Will check them out.
    You're welcome. Hope you enjoy the read.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member

Just worth mentioning. if you're a fan of the current Venom run you should check out Silver Surfer Black. It's kind of connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Valcrist View Post
    Just worth mentioning. if you're a fan of the current Venom run you should check out Silver Surfer Black. It's kind of connected.
    Plus, the first issue of Silver Surfer is just amazing in its own right. The art especially is bananas.

-Pav, who wonders where Ben Reilly is going to show up in Absolute Carnage...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Spectacular Member

Can someone please help me understand how Venom is in War of the Realms? Did we miss something? Did someone **** up? Or is the Symbiote all by itself with no Eddie?