Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Please tell me we are finished with these WOTR filler issues! They have been a chore to read. I miss Cates!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Amazing Member

Cates is back with #16 in July.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Plus, the first issue of Silver Surfer is just amazing in its own right. The art especially is bananas.

-Pav, who wonders where Ben Reilly is going to show up in Absolute Carnage...
    I really want to check out that series, as even if it had no connections to AC, I love the tripped out depiction of where Silver Surfer; it's like a modern Steve Ditko style and heavily reminds me of the current cosmic horror/sci-fi series called Space Riders.

As for Ben, I'm sure he'll show up as part of the alliance to take down Carnage. Ben is very well-acquainted on the most personal level possible with how dangerous and maniacal Carnage can be.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    Can someone please help me understand how Venom is in War of the Realms? Did we miss something? Did someone **** up? Or is the Symbiote all by itself with no Eddie?
    He is approached by servants of Malekith who temporarily give him a new symbiote to serve them, but he rebels and fights against Malekith's forces, including a super-powered Jack O'Lantern.

In terms of Absolute Carnage, you can bet that I'm buying every issue of the arc. I'm especially excited to see the Life Foundation symbiotes finally get a decent storyline. Except for the very brief Mercury Team arc, they've always been ignored or given somewhat mediocre arcs. I hope that this lineup stays on past Absolute Carnage. This particular cover (Venom #17) looks absolutely amazing:

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    Can someone please help me understand how Venom is in War of the Realms? Did we miss something? Did someone **** up? Or is the Symbiote all by itself with no Eddie?
    yea the Venom symbiote hasnt been itself for a while and left Eddie at the end of issue 12.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post

In terms of Absolute Carnage, you can bet that I'm buying every issue of the arc. I'm especially excited to see the Life Foundation symbiotes finally get a decent storyline. Except for the very brief Mercury Team arc, they've always been ignored or given somewhat mediocre arcs. I hope that this lineup stays on past Absolute Carnage. This particular cover (Venom #17) looks absolutely amazing:

Interesting to see them back again. I, for one, hope this will lead to some reparations for Scott Washington in some way, since the 4 Hybrid Symbiotes will be there. (I'd even take a retconned Scott surving some how.)

While the lead-up of Hybrid getting punked was trashy, I kinda liked the Mercury Team. I wish they, too, could have gotten more love, time, and characterization. For what they were, they ended up being and coming across as pretty cool. It sucks that they also got punked before too long.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 06-16-2019 at 12:04 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Interesting to see them back again. I, for one, hope this will lead to some reparations for Scott Washington in some way, since the 4 Hybrid Symbiotes will be there. (I'd even take a retconned Scott surving some how.)

While the lead-up of Hybrid getting punked was trashy, I kinda liked the Mercury Team. I wish they, too, could have gotten more love, time, and characterization. For what they were, they ended up being and coming across as pretty cool. It sucks that they also got punked before too long.
    Agreed on all accounts.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

Yeah, both Hybrid and Mercury Team got bum deals, and it would definitely be cool is Scott was alive, along with Pat Mulligan. I wonder if Absolute Carnage is at least partially the original massive symbiote arc that Remender was planning before first Bunn and then Slott scuttled his plans. Also, I see in the foreground that the new symbiote that Brock wore during Skrull miniseries is back, I'm glad it's not being forgotten.

One thing about this picture that confuses me is the red symbiote on the right. I don't think that it's Carnage, and I might be willing to think that it's Toxin except for the fact that the symbiote on the far left, the one with the black hands, looks much more like Toxin. It might be a re-imagined Riot (especially after the Venom movie, he simply can't be ignored), but on cover of the Separation Anxiety one-shot, he's in his usual grey suit.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Amazing Member

What was Remender’s original plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramorph View Post
    What was Remender’s original plan?
    Some kind of symbiote uprising/invasion. Hence why Eddie Brock was going around killing off famous hosts like that of Scream and Hybrid (he actually shoved the Scream symbiote into a furnace to try to kill it, though it seems now that that did not work), so as to avoid the symbiotes somehow being corrupted and a general menace to society.

Nice commission/ riff on a famous Spider-Man cover.

https://twitter.com/BoyCartoonist/st...60296912539648
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spectacular Member

Guys, thank you for trying to fill in some gaps for me. I'm not confused about his standalone issues, I'm confused about him appearing with the symbiote in War of the Realms.

He is in Strikeforce and also in the main issues of war of the realms with the symbiote. Is it the Symbiote all alone without Eddie in it that is in those issues? He says "we" so Eddie must be in the suit.

20.jpg

Spectacular Member

Okay, I'm pretty certain Eddie and the Symbiote were separated throughout this event.

Amazing Member

Yeah, they were separated the whole time. If you read the Strikeforce issue there are a few pleases where they hint that it’s just the symbiote, especially when he gets stepped on by the frost giant.

Both disturbing and heartwarming at the same time:

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramorph View Post
    Yeah, they were separated the whole time. If you read the Strikeforce issue there are a few pleases where they hint that it’s just the symbiote, especially when he gets stepped on by the frost giant.
    The writers weren't paying attention. The Symbiote kept talking like "we, us, our"