View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.38%
  • Ted Kord

48 57.14%
  • Jaime Reyes

34 40.48%
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Blue Beetle Appreciation 2019!!

DEBUT: August 1939
    FIRST APPEARANCE: Mystery Men Comics #1
    CREATOR: Charles Nicholas
    ON-GOING SERIES: 73 issues
    Blue Beetle Vol 1 #1-42 & #44-60
    Blue Beetle Vol 2 #18-21
    Blue Beetle Vol 3 #1-5
    Blue Beetle Vol 4 #50-54

DEBUT: November 1966
    FIRST APPEARANCE: Captain Atom #83
    CREATOR: Steve Ditko
    ON-GOING SERIES: 29 issues
    Blue Beetle Vol 5 #1-5
    Blue Beetle Vol 6 #1-24

DEBUT: February 2006
    FIRST APPEARANCE: Infinite Crisis #3
    CREATOR: Keith Giffen; John Rogers; Cully Hammer
    ON-GOING SERIES: 72 issues
    Blue Beetle Vol 7 #1-36
    Blue Beetle Vol 8 #0-16
    Blue Beetle Vol 9 Rebirth-18

ORIGINAL THREAD

So after nearly 5 years with the original thread, it was finally closed, possibly starting a tradition of annual appreciation threads. Oh well, it had a great run, and since I'm still here 5 years later, time to start another one! So without further ado, here is the 2019 version celebrating the legacy of Blue Beetle!
    Last edited by El_Gato; 01-01-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

What's going on with Blue Beetle in 2019? So far we know:

-Jaime Reyes will return as a main character for Young Justice: Outsiders.

-Ted Kord is appearing in the Heroes in Crisis comic.

-There is a Blue Beetle movie in development, so we'll likely get some updates about it's status this year.

Jamie is a great character who I hope will get more exposure in the comics for 2019.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I definitely see Jaime getting a push this year to prep for his movie appearance. I'm a casual fan of the character but I haven't read much of his own stuff. Any suggestions?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I definitely see Jaime getting a push this year to prep for his movie appearance. I'm a casual fan of the character but I haven't read much of his own stuff. Any suggestions?
    Without a doubt start with his original series in 2006. That one is a cult classic. From there I'd read the back up features he had in Booster Gold vol 2, those were pretty good.

If you're looking for a team setting, he joins the Teen Titans in volume 3 issue #50 and I'd also recommend Justice League: Generation Lost.

If you're looking for more recent stuff, then he had a very solid showing in Injustice 2 and the last 5 issues of his Rebirth run were excellent!

As before, the original, Golden Age Dan Garrett.

I hate how DC will shelve indefinitely a character whose solo gets cancelled. If they have any hope of building their mid tier characters up they need to keep them prominent in the DCU. Jaime really should be a regular member of the Teen Titans of the new Young Justice book. I’ve always wanted to see him become the junior member of the Justice League. He could definitely play the Spider-Man role from the Avengers films.

Ted’s fan base was mostly created due to his time in JLI. Adding a character to a team book allows them to form friendships and remain in the public eye.

Quite excited to see Jamie again in YJ.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I hate how DC will shelve indefinitely a character whose solo gets cancelled. If they have any hope of building their mid tier characters up they need to keep them prominent in the DCU. Jaime really should be a regular member of the Teen Titans of the new Young Justice book. I’ve always wanted to see him become the junior member of the Justice League. He could definitely play the Spider-Man role from the Avengers films.

Ted’s fan base was mostly created due to his time in JLI. Adding a character to a team book allows them to form friendships and remain in the public eye.
    That's very true, unfortunately DC has moved from the business of building their characters to focusing on maintaining their "big names". Team books, like the Outsiders, have always been good for giving smaller characters places to grow but iunno why DC doesn't wanna do that anymore.

If you were putting together a team with Jaime, which team would you pick (or make up) and what would that roster look like?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

For those who want a retrospective history of Blue Beetle check out of Linkara's Blue Skying if you haven't. It's three parts if you have the time.

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    That's very true, unfortunately DC has moved from the business of building their characters to focusing on maintaining their "big names". Team books, like the Outsiders, have always been good for giving smaller characters places to grow but iunno why DC doesn't wanna do that anymore.

If you were putting together a team with Jaime, which team would you pick (or make up) and what would that roster look like?
    For me, I've been pushing to see him with a revamped Young Justice, featuring Tim, Cassie, Bart, Conner plus Virgil and Traci. But that's just me.

Now I want to see him with the Justice League proper, interacting with the big dogs (ala Spider-Man over at Marvel). I'd make him and Firestorm join the JL as the youngsters learning the ropes.

happy new year everybody. sorry for the late greeting.

Astonishing Member

Sad they did another Thread closing purge, especially so soon after the last one. This time, it seems just the Appreciation Threads got locked.

Anyway, here's hoping Jaime will be back on the Comics radar, especially in anticipation for his movie.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I first know of Blue Beetle from Infinite Crisis. Young Jamie just became Blue Beetle and he immediately has to fly into a Crisis with Batman. Roughest Tutorial.

DEC050244_2._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Yes, I actually only found out about Ted after that. I kinda just jumped in because it's in a bargain bin. I was buying it for the art.

I just start Jaime's 2006 series and I'm starting to see the cult appeal. I'm on issue #8 and I'm really digging it so far!

What story arc (particular issues/series if they come to you) would you guys think DC could adapted for or influence the movie?

currently following: