View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.38%
  • Ted Kord

48 57.14%
  • Jaime Reyes

34 40.48%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I just start Jaime's 2006 series and I'm starting to see the cult appeal. I'm on issue #8 and I'm really digging it so far!

What story arc (particular issues/series if they come to you) would you guys think DC could adapted for or influence the movie?
    Probably have to do the Reach invasion for something epic enough to warrant a movie, unless we go for something Homecoming-esque with La Dama

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    happy new year everybody. sorry for the late greeting.

Happy New Year! Hope to see you post more in this thread! You were one of the main posters in the OG thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I just start Jaime's 2006 series and I'm starting to see the cult appeal. I'm on issue #8 and I'm really digging it so far!

What story arc (particular issues/series if they come to you) would you guys think DC could adapted for or influence the movie?
    My guess is they'll go for the Reach arc. That one is probably the most iconic Blue Beetle story, though it's already been adapted twice in animation, with some changes. They could also even do their own take on the Black Beetle mystery, though who knows if it'd be as good as the YJ take. There's also the Posse and La Dama arcs... Let's just say, they have plenty of material to pull from.

From what I'm understanding, Blue Beetle was pitched as a Spider-Man: Homecoming type of film, so my guess is they might go for the La Dama story, and cast a big name Latina actress in the role (Salma Hayek? Hmm).
    Last edited by El_Gato; 01-02-2019 at 10:33 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Happy New Year and thanks for the new thread Gato!
    I skipped the poll, I don't want to choose between them, love them all.

As for the movie, I guess I'll re-post, ideally for me it would be a legacy film hopefully it would features Jaime, Ted and Garret in their roles.

Taking cues from the Hopkins/Banderas Zorro film, or if you prefer Douglas/Rudd Ant-Man, pretty much the same film beats, both featuring a legacy being passed to the next gen.

Some fun casting:

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    go for the La Dama story, and cast a big name Latina actress in the role (Salma Hayek? Hmm).
    Love it ^, Salma Hayek would be great as the villain, further I'd take her presence back to Ted Garret's time, a sorcerous implement of the Reach. she embodies a manifestation of these ancient Lady-Death deities (including Mictecacihuatl, Nephthys, Kali, Izanami, Lady Styx, and others) that keep recurring among the ancient temples along with images foretelling of the beetle-scarab protector, that Garret encounters.
    Slowly driving him mad(or so everyone believes), what he is really doing is uncovering an ancient omen and warning about her, all of which he leaves in his cryptic journals:

Until she re-manifests as Amparo Cardenas in Kord and Jaime's time.
    As La Dama a mob underworld (Kingpin like) rival to Kord industries.
    And finally revealed as the cosmic threat preparing Earth for the Reach, that now Jaime must fight.

Last edited by Güicho; 03-06-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Happy New Year! Hope to see you post more in this thread! You were one of the main posters in the OG thread.

thanks. i love dropping in from time to time.

although i feel a bit weird seeing this thread (and the other threads) with very few page counts. (so long threads affect the speed of the forum pages, i guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Happy New Year and thanks for the new thread Gato!
    I skipped the poll, I don't want to chose between them, love them all.

As for the movie, I guess I'll re-post, ideally for me it would be a legacy film hopefully it would features Jaime, Ted and Garret in their roles.

Taking cues from the Hopkins/Banderas Zorro film, or if you prefer Douglas/Rudd Ant-Man, pretty much the same film beats, both featuring a legacy being passed to the next gen.

Some fun casting:

Love it ^, Salma Hayek would be great as the villain, further I'd take her presence back to Ted Garret's time, a sorcerous implement of the Reach. she embodies a manifestation of these ancient Lady-Death deities (including Mictecacihuatl, Nephthys, Kali, Izanami, Lady Styx, and others) that keep recurring among the ancient temples along with images foretelling of the beetle-scarab protector, that Garret encounters.
    Slowly driving him mad(or so everyone believes), what he is really doing is uncovering an ancient omen and warning about her, all of which he leaves in his cryptic journals:

Until she re-manifests as Amparo Cardenas in Kord and Jaime's time.
    As La Dama a mob underworld (Kingpin like) rival to Kord industries.
    And finally revealed as the cosmic threat preparing Earth for the Reach, that now Jaime must fight.

This would be great idea, for a comic series.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

This may have been answered, but oh well...did Ted ever die in Rebirth continuity like he did pre-new 52, and if so, have they revealed how he is back?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    This may have been answered, but oh well...did Ted ever die in Rebirth continuity like he did pre-new 52, and if so, have they revealed how he is back?
    No I don’t think he died in current continuity. He has retired from being a superhero. I think he still has a heart condition which has put him out of full time adventuring.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    As mentioned, he never died in Rebirth, but instead retired from active, direct heroing, sans certain situations related to Jaime and such where he risks overextending himself.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    As mentioned, he never died in Rebirth, but instead retired from active, direct heroing, sans certain situations related to Jaime and such where he risks overextending himself.
    i think that's the case, which makes me wonder what deaths ted was referring to in heroes in crisis.

I never picked up the Rebirth Blue Beetle series. Did they switch his scarab from science to magic-based? I thought I recalled reading that.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i think that's the case, which makes me wonder what deaths ted was referring to in heroes in crisis.
    King likes to ignore current continuity, or combine them in order to reference classic stories, such as where he established that the first meeting of Batman and Catwoman in a yacht in Golden Age, and their first meeting in Post Crisis in Crime Alley both happened. The first one was proven by the existence of a diamond Catwoman stole that became her engagement ring, and the second by Catwoman's post crisis supporting cast Holly Robinson. So for King, all continuity can happen should he decided so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    I never picked up the Rebirth Blue Beetle series. Did they switch his scarab from science to magic-based? I thought I recalled reading that.
    Less "switch" and more re-emphasis on its original roots prior to the famous retcon. And even then, it was part of the overall story being told. It can easily fit into being both, really.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Less "switch" and more re-emphasis on its original roots prior to the famous retcon. And even then, it was part of the overall story being told. It can easily fit into being both, really.
    I hope it goes back to the alien origin. That's the most iconic part of the mythos. Just say its of alien origin with some earth magic influence (to make it unique from other scarabs).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

I hope it goes back to the alien origin. That's the most iconic part of the mythos. Just say its of alien origin with some earth magic influence (to make it unique from other scarabs).
    I appreciated Giffen going back to their roots to tell a new story, actually. There's room for both in Blue Beetle, in my opinion.

I definitely lean more towards Ted and would love to see him back in a book (in costume) full time. That said, I don't think Jaime fans need to be denied their favorite character either.

Best case scenario (for me): DC FINALLY gives Ted and Booster a buddy action comedy book and Jaime either gets his own book again or lands on one of the Titans teams (or the YJ book).