View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.38%
  • Ted Kord

48 57.14%
  • Jaime Reyes

34 40.48%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Both Beetles have mini cameos in Justice League #26. Ted is shown in the background in a room full of DCU geniuses and poor Jaime was on the bad end of a self defense lesson being taught by Black Canary and Hawkman.

Amazing Member

Brandon Larracuente, actor from Bloodlines and 13 Reasons Why, posted this on his instagram story a few days ago

He's actually one of the few likable characters on 13 reasons why. It probably means nothing, but it's fun to speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zudomon View Post
    Brandon Larracuente, actor from Bloodlines and 13 Reasons Why, posted this on his instagram story a few days ago

He's actually one of the few likable characters on 13 reasons why. It probably means nothing, but it's fun to speculate.
    Well now that's all over IG lol. I doubt he's cast but what that tells me is that WB is actively looking for actors for Blue Beetle. Good sign that the movie will actually happen.

Edit: Apparently Diego Tinoco posted something similar as well on IG. Seems like he's also gunning for the role. I'd imagine every young Latino in Hollywood is
    Last edited by El_Gato; 07-02-2019 at 01:50 AM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Well, hopefully the interest means they're casting now, which is a sign production is moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Well now that's all over IG lol. I doubt he's cast but what that tells me is that WB is actively looking for actors for Blue Beetle. Good sign that the movie will actually happen.

Edit: Apparently Diego Tinoco posted something similar as well on IG. Seems like he's also gunning for the role. I'd imagine every young Latino in Hollywood is
    I would prefer Brandon Larracuente to play Jaime. He’s a good looking kid but I think he could pull off the average Joe (average Jaime?) superhero better. I’ve never pictured Jaime as a “pretty boy.”

Salma Hayek is apparently being courted by Disney/Marvel for a role in The Eternals. I wish DC would sign her up to play La Dama.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

bluebee.jpg
    1char.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would prefer Brandon Larracuente to play Jaime. He’s a good looking kid but I think he could pull off the average Joe (average Jaime?) superhero better. I’ve never pictured Jaime as a “pretty boy.”

Salma Hayek is apparently being courted by Disney/Marvel for a role in The Eternals. I wish DC would sign her up to play La Dama.
    Salma Hayek is who I want for La Dama as well. Hopefully that deal falls through and DC gets her.

Xolo Maridueña would be my choice for Blue Beetle

Amazing Member

My hope for a Jaime actor is that they keep him young. But I'm hoping it can happen soon!

Also Jamie had a speaking role in a new episode of Young Justice! We even find out who he's dating! I hope we see more of him this season..

Quote Originally Posted by Zudomon View Post
    My hope for a Jaime actor is that they keep him young. But I'm hoping it can happen soon!

Also Jamie had a speaking role in a new episode of Young Justice! We even find out who he's dating! I hope we see more of him this season..
    Yup! That was definitely one of the more enjoyable episodes this season! I need more with the Team. I'm curious if what happened at the end was the formation of the Teen Titans, in universe. Also looks like Jaime will be back next episode (and the Reach).

Also Jaime got buff lol

Astonishing Member

Yup! That was definitely one of the more enjoyable episodes this season! I need more with the Team. I'm curious if what happened at the end was the formation of the Teen Titans, in universe. Also looks like Jaime will be back next episode (and the Reach).

Also Jaime got buff lol
    Any images of Jaime's new look? (Still in no position to watch any of the episodes. )

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Any images of Jaime's new look? (Still in no position to watch any of the episodes. )
    There he is with Traci 13. Looking older
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

There he is with Traci 13. Looking older
    Nice!

In YJ-verse, character designs favor slimmer builds, so it's usually against the norm or very specific cases when characters have buff builds. We do know Jaime on-mode in Bart's future was super buff, but how much was him or the Scarab isn't known. Still, Jaime certainly has the potential for that build.

I'm also a little surprised they went with Traci 13 as is GF. So far, she hasn't had much focus outside being Jaime's GF, though.

All-New Member

In other news, it is my birthday today - so, I bought the Blue Beetle / Booster Gold Funko Pop twin pack

Should be here in two days.

Ted Kord BB 4 life and all that!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Nice!

In YJ-verse, character designs favor slimmer builds, so it's usually against the norm or very specific cases when characters have buff builds. We do know Jaime on-mode in Bart's future was super buff, but how much was him or the Scarab isn't known. Still, Jaime certainly has the potential for that build.

I'm also a little surprised they went with Traci 13 as is GF. So far, she hasn't had much focus outside being Jaime's GF, though.
    Yeah she's pretty much Blue Beetles girlfriend. Hasn't done much beyond that but it's still cool to see Traci and Jaime together again in animation. Too bad they haven't been reunited on the comics.

Jaime is featured kinda prominently in the promo ad for The Batman Who Laughs’ Secret Six storyline.

https://www.newsarama.com/45916-who-...ted-pawns.html

It was pretty odd to see BB as I’ve actually gotten used to DC ignoring him.