View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

2 2.38%
  • Ted Kord

48 57.14%
  • Jaime Reyes

34 40.48%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I hate how DC just buries Jaime for long periods of time. With all his animated and video game appearances he really should be more prominent in the DCU. He’s not even featured in company promotions or splash pages featuring large numbers of heroes gathering together. Yeah he’s not gonna carry a solo book any time soon but neither is Martian Manhunter, Mr. Miracle, Black Canary or any other moderately well known character.

Plus there is more than enough room for both Ted and Jaime in the DCU.

But MM does currently have a solo book, even though it's a 12 issue limited series. Lots of characters don't get that, including Jaime unfortunately.

Amazing Member

I really hope we hear some kind of news about the Blue Beetle movie soon.. I don't want that to end up like a majority of the news articles that come out about "*Insert DC Character* is potentially getting a movie!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zudomon View Post
    I really hope we hear some kind of news about the Blue Beetle movie soon.. I don't want that to end up like a majority of the news articles that come out about "*Insert DC Character* is potentially getting a movie!"
    Im sure suddenly hot actor NOah centino will be announced for it soon

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Im sure suddenly hot actor NOah centino will be announced for it soon
    Haha, do not play! I swear if Noah Centino would get cast as Jaime I would lose a lot of hope for it. Especially since I don't think he's really latino? lol.

I was thinking of people who could hypothetically be cast in a Blue Beetle movie though and I think Aubrey Plaza would be a great La Dama. She's half Puerto Rican and in Legion has proved she makes a great Villain.

Extraordinary Member

Haha, do not play! I swear if Noah Centino would get cast as Jaime I would lose a lot of hope for it. Especially since I don't think he's really latino? lol.

I was thinking of people who could hypothetically be cast in a Blue Beetle movie though and I think Aubrey Plaza would be a great La Dama. She's half Puerto Rican and in Legion has proved she makes a great Villain.
    Hes the right age size and is the most promient latin actor i see used everywhere
    he is not like Avan Jogia who will let roles pass him by

I have a bad feeling that the Blue Beetle movie has about as much of a chance of happening as the Cyborg movie. WB is probably only going to release two DC movies a year at the most. I think The Batman, the Harley Quinn series of movies, Suicide Squad, New Gods, and sequels to Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam are going to occupy their schedule for years to come.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-30-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Xolo Maridueña or Diego Tinoco for Blue Beetle! Both would be great choices! Lol I remember when Tyler Posey was my top choice in the old thread, but he's too old now for the character.

For La Dama, Salma Hayek would be a great choice. Guarantee the likes of Danny Trejo and Benicio Del Toro will be cast as someone in this film lol. Maybe they can get Oscar Issac in a role as well. Guarantee many Latino actors will want to be a part of this film
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I have a bad feeling that the Blue Beetle movie has about as much of a chance of happening as the Cyborg movie. WB is probably only going to release two DC movies a year at the most. I think The Batman, the Harley Quinn series of movies, Suicide Squad, New Gods, and sequels to Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam are going to occupy their schedule for years to come.
    I've noticed a pattern with DC films. It usually takes 5 years for an "in development" film to see the light of day, and that's if everything goes according to plan, of course this process is sped up exponentially if a huge name (actor, director, producer) is attached (ie Margot in BOP). As for sequels, 3 year time frame, minimum.

So for Blue Beetle, 2023 the earliest is when we'll see it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I've noticed a pattern with DC films. It usually takes 5 years for an "in development" film to see the light of day, and that's if everything goes according to plan, of course this process is sped up exponentially if a huge name (actor, director, producer) is attached (ie Margot in BOP). As for sequels, 3 year time frame, minimum.

So for Blue Beetle, 2023 the earliest is when we'll see it.
    after the blown budgets of 2016 they are being careful, if we can keep up this trend of succeful movies then mabey they might speed up, that is if this last anvegers movie does not introduce the fatigue

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Some of these upcoming dceu movies might go the streaming service like blue beetle,plastic man,jls,jld,batgirl etc..
    It's hard to say if flash will have big screen solo movie or that world war 2 dc movie(might not happen).
    The trench i think will come out and shazam 2 and i think maybe a part 3 or the dceu's first streaming limited series show or both.

I could see maybe supergirl getting another chance at the big screen.
    Maybe green lantern corps may or may not happen.
    Could be streaming dceu limited series with a movie budget like the upcoming disney plus mcu limited series shows or not a dceu streaming service show like stargirl,titans.
    Blue beetle could go either way like titans because titans was talked about being a movie then later a show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

A great article on the current state of DC films, basically confirming what some of us here have speculated recently. The only new info seems to be on the Supergirl film and that other projects like JLD and GCS will soon be resurrected. So basically:

2019: Shazam; Joker
    2020: BOP; Wonder Woman 1984
    2021: The Batman; SS2; The Trench
    2022: Aquaman 2

Either The Flash (depending on if Ezra is recast), Black Adam and New Gods will end up in 2021, while the other two are in 2022 based on how far in development they are.

Supergirl is going through a rewrite; Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Plastic Man and Green Lantern Corps are currently being written.

Hawkman/girl and JSA films depend on how they're recieved in the Black Adam film. Everything else is dead.
    Some of these upcoming movies below might not happen and some might just be streaming shows,dceu shows or not.

The Current Position of The DC Cinematic Universe
    I believe that it is fair to say that since the release of Zack
    Snyder’s ‘Man Of Steel’, Warner Bros’ DC Cinematic Universe has
    undergone major evolutions with many films being announced and many
    being subsequently cancelled. However, before going into the details
    everyone has been waiting for regarding the upcoming DC movie slate,
    it’s time to look back at the initial movie slate that Warner Bros
    released for the DCEU in late 2014.
    https://discussingfilm.files.wordpre...5eb06708a.jpeg

From that slate in 2014, below is the updated version of that slate,
    including what films were released, the ones that are in development
    and the ones that have been cancelled as of writing.
    https://discussingfilm.files.wordpre...6c96673e9.jpeg

We do already have some dated DCEU films for the future that have been
    officially announced. This includes ‘Joker’ (October 5th, 2019),
    ‘Birds of Prey’ (February 7th, 2020), ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ (June 5th,
    2020), ‘The Batman’ (June 25th, 2021), ‘The Suicide Squad’ (August
    6th, 2021) and ‘Aquaman 2’ (December 16th, 2022).
    With all of these films dated, it seems that Warner Bros are going
    into full gear with their DC Cinematic Universe. Recently executives
    at Warner Bros have stated that the DC Cinematic Universe will begin
    to move into a stand-alone approach rather than having solo films
    build up to a ‘Justice League’ film. Most of these films that have
    been dated indicate this and furthermore, information that I will
    present in this article will provide more credence towards how the
    Current Position of the DC Cinematic Universe is to forego a fully
    interconnected universe and instead focus on standalone stories. I’ll
    be touching on films that are not yet in production so unfortunately
    there will be no new ‘Joker’, ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ and ‘Birds of Prey’
    news in this article.
    To read more go here.
    https://discussingfilm.net/2019/03/1...atic-universe/

Note-The link was original posted by El Gato below.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ilers)/page167
    Last edited by mace11; 04-10-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Some of these upcoming movies below might not happen and some might just be streaming shows,dceu shows or not.

The Current Position of The DC Cinematic Universe

To read more go here.
    https://discussingfilm.net/2019/03/1...atic-universe/

Note-The link was original posted by El Gato below.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ilers)/page167
    Maybe some of them might end up on the Warner streaming service, but I think Blue Beetle stands a high chance of making it to the big screen. It'll market itself with the whole "First Latino led superhero film", plus the suit/scarab deserves the big screen treatment and budget.

i'm in awe of kevin maguire.

just look at those eyes (and eyebrows) and those teeth....

heroes in crisis

i guess this is issue 9?