Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1437

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Its already different. In the comics, Jason was fairly isolated as Robin (barring a couple of brief team-ups with the NTT). Here (and in Titans), Jason would have been in the group with not only the older members, but guys like Gar.
    I meant different as in how the villains acted, the comic versions are basicaly "Aw ****, Jason died, let's resurrect him", and my theory is that Ra's killed Jason on purpose to have him as a soldier, him showing interest in Jason's memory returning implies at least that is part of a plan. So my point is that, because the villains act different from other versions, it could be part of a plan to have Jason killed, instead of Ra's being a friendly enemy and resurrecting Jason only out of respect for Bruce.

Also Jason could still be isolated even if he was part of the Team, after all, Arsenal was briefly part of it, and he wasn't exactly liked, so Jason could be in a similar situation, although probably not as bad, since if the writters remember, Jason wasn't that bad back then.

Also of note; nowhere in the comics does it mention Jason and Damian ever encountering one another during Jason's time with the al'Ghuls. In Young Justice, I think its the first time we've ever seen the two in the same place at the same time for that time frame.
    Well, YJ may mix or change some stuff compared to comics, version, like Red Tornado and I think Zatara being part of JSA, so it's no surprise they'd put Jason and Damian in the same place.

That makes me think, you guys think that Jason will be a brother figure to Damian? Assuming he doesn't just leave Ra's once his memory returns that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it might be another reason Ra's left the Light.
    Well, if the Light disagreed with his plans, I guess, but it seems that he only really left it because Deathstroke somehow got the League of Shadows.

I don't think they're being raised as anti-Batman weapons. That's not how Ra's operates and he respects Batman too much. Damian's supposed to be his heir.
    I don't think he respects Bruce that much, if he does, that didn't stop him from probaby being okay with cloning Roy so he could join the League and make every member into puppets, Bruce included of course, so "Anti-Batman weapons" could be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I meant different as in how the villains acted, the comic versions are basicaly "Aw ****, Jason died, let's resurrect him", and my theory is that Ra's killed Jason on purpose to have him as a soldier, him showing interest in Jason's memory returning implies at least that is part of a plan. So my point is that, because the villains act different from other versions, it could be part of a plan to have Jason killed, instead of Ra's being a friendly enemy and resurrecting Jason only out of respect for Bruce.
    I thought part of the reason he was glad Jason was regaining his memories was because he didn't plan on him entirely being a mindless solider.
    Also Jason could still be isolated even if he was part of the Team, after all, Arsenal was briefly part of it, and he wasn't exactly liked, so Jason could be in a similar situation, although probably not as bad, since if the writters remember, Jason wasn't that bad back then.
    Considering how nobody mentions him, I guess he might not have been popular but it's not like Wally is mentioned every episode. At the same time he was in Beast Boy's fantasy of dead friends so Gar at least seemed to acknowledge him as an ally.
    Well, YJ may mix or change some stuff compared to comics, version, like Red Tornado and I think Zatara being part of JSA, so it's no surprise they'd put Jason and Damian in the same place.

That makes me think, you guys think that Jason will be a brother figure to Damian? Assuming he doesn't just leave Ra's once his memory returns that is.
    It really would depend on the timing of things. Although it's kind of interesting to think that two of the Robins are with Ra's while the other two are with Batman, and Batman isn't even aware of the former two.
    Well, if the Light disagreed with his plans, I guess, but it seems that he only really left it because Deathstroke somehow got the League of Shadows.
    That's what I assumed was the main reason.
    I don't think he respects Bruce that much, if he does, that didn't stop him from probaby being okay with cloning Roy so he could join the League and make every member into puppets, Bruce included of course, so "Anti-Batman weapons" could be a possibility.
    I think that's different from a plan that would be deliberately designed to take out Batman.

I thought part of the reason he was glad Jason was regaining his memories was because he didn't plan on him entirely being a mindless solider.
    Perhaps, could be something like wanting Jason to recover, or manipulate him into being a good soldier, first one is more fitting with a "typical" Ra's if he's in a good mood/feels like he owes Bruce, second one is how I'd imagine how he'd act in YJ's world.

Considering how nobody mentions him, I guess he might not have been popular but it's not like Wally is mentioned every episode. At the same time he was in Beast Boy's fantasy of dead friends so Gar at least seemed to acknowledge him as an ally.
    Well, of the characters who died off screen he's the only one who's never mentioned, Ted got some focus once in the explanations about Scarab and Tula at least was used as an excuse for Kaldur'ahm to pretend to be evil, and once Wally discusses how her death could've fucked him up enough to become actualy evil, all Jason gets is Tim looking at his hologram, and the focus of the scene that happens is in Bart and Jaime, and while Wally doesn't get mentioned a lot, few times he does it's important, Dick even wanted Will to work with him once to basicaly tell him "Dude, no".

But yeah, at the very least, him being in in Garfield's "dream" at least implies they were close enough for him to be there.

Also funny that Wally is the only one who didn't "die" there lol.

It really would depend on the timing of things. Although it's kind of interesting to think that two of the Robins are with Ra's while the other two are with Batman, and Batman isn't even aware of the former two.
    Yeah, and the guy who has the two Robins isn't part of the Light anymore and doesn't get show up anymore for the rest of the season, talk about weird.

Still hope the next season does something with at least Jason, it's weird to show him returning and do nothing with it.

I think that's different from a plan that would be deliberately designed to take out Batman.
    True, but if Ra's is possibly okay with letting Batman just be brainwashed, it's possible he wouldn't have a problem with making something specificaly to take out Batman.

Although a point you can make against this is that maybe Ra's is okay with following these kinds of plans, but wouldn't make something on that level.

Fantastic Member

Given that Giovanni's seems visibly age during the eight years between late 2010 and his reappearance in mid-2018, I'm wondering how that jibes with Kent Nelson living to over a hundred?

Would Kent still have been elderly and retired if YJ had been set in the 60s or 70s... perhaps 1967 or so based on the gap between the founding of the Justice League and The Team? (The first published appearance of the JLA was in 1960 and the Team was formed c. 7yrs after their JL.

Incredible Member

https://i.redd.it/xdiw95a3uzp31.jpg

New sketch from YJ Vol 1. I wonder whose that chick is.

Put a cowboy hat on her, and ask that again.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    https://i.redd.it/xdiw95a3uzp31.jpg

New sketch from YJ Vol 1. I wonder whose that chick is.
    So the original plan was for Cassie to sport her show costume? A little disappointed they didn't go for that...especially since she looks awesome there.

Incredible Member

This recent issue of YJ is more about Teen Lantern than anyone else fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    This recent issue of YJ is more about Teen Lantern than anyone else fyi
    I enjoyed getting a backstory on her. Though we need more about her "hack" and how it works. Bendis doesn't do anything fast from my experience though.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I enjoyed getting a backstory on her. Though we need more about her "hack" and how it works. Bendis doesn't do anything fast from my experience though.
    Remember how people thought Bendis would provide backstory on why Clark and Lois trusted Jor-El? Yeah, that never happened.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

So the original plan was for Cassie to sport her show costume? A little disappointed they didn't go for that...especially since she looks awesome there.
    I dont mind the current costume, but it's a little...much. I would be just as happy to see her put back in that costume as well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Is this the first major DC continuity where Jeff is League chairman?
    He is, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Put a cowboy hat on her, and ask that again.
    Yeah, that's just Jinny with her hair down and her hat and jacket missing. You can tell from the belt.

YJ got mentioned in Superman today. They gave Clark a tip-off to a rogue STAR Labs facility. That must mean Clark now knows Conner exists.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Recording for season four has begun.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YJWiki/st...60718279770112

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Recording for season four has begun.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YJWiki/st...60718279770112
    Good to see things are moving along smoothly .