Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1437
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm down for fun books, but I'd like that and a little more substance then "YJ goes to _____ and has a crazy adventure and not much else.
    Almost everything gives me this feeling lately, though. It's like there's no "DCU", just a bunch of DC characters doing stuff each on their own corners.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Almost everything gives me this feeling lately, though. It's like there's no "DCU", just a bunch of DC characters doing stuff each on their own corners.
    I wouldn't mind 'DC characters doing stuff in their own corners' if the stories were actually good and enjoyable. I've always been of the mindset that too many crossovers and events do more harm than good to most of the characters involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    definitely YJ is back in continuity but TT?
    Why would that be in continuity if Bart is still Impulse and not Kidflash?
    Two reasons. One, Naomi actually calls him Kid Flash as well as Impulse. And in Flash Annual #2, Bart went to Titans Tower to look for Conner, Tim and Cassie (of course they weren't there, and he found Tim and Cassie in Metropolis in Young Justice #1). That tower wouldn't exist if they weren't back in continuity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Two reasons. One, Naomi actually calls him Kid Flash as well as Impulse. And in Flash Annual #2, Bart went to Titans Tower to look for Conner, Tim and Cassie (of course they weren't there, and he found Tim and Cassie in Metropolis in Young Justice #1). That tower wouldn't exist if they weren't back in continuity.
    Which Tower was it exactly? Was it the one in NYC shaped like a T? Dick and his Rebirth Titans team built that Titans Tower in NYC at the start of Abnett's Rebirth run.

It was shaped like a T, but no, it's not New York. Aren't all Titans Towers shaped like a T? Except for the one in the live action show.

And weren't both Rebirth Titans Towers destroyed?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-06-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I wouldn't mind 'DC characters doing stuff in their own corners' if the stories were actually good and enjoyable. I've always been of the mindset that too many crossovers and events do more harm than good to most of the characters involved.
    I don't think there should be too many crossovers but I think there should be enough to where it feels like a shared universe and the different characters are connected to some degree.

Two reasons. One, Naomi actually calls him Kid Flash as well as Impulse.

you are correct
    I didnt notice this before

And in Flash Annual #2, Bart went to Titans Tower to look for Conner, Tim and Cassie (of course they weren't there, and he found Tim and Cassie in Metropolis in Young Justice #1). That tower wouldn't exist if they weren't back in continuity.
    makes sense

but then it is hard to pointout what exactly is incontinuity out of this version of TT

for example, and this is just a couple of things that I can recall:
    did this Kon died as well on Infinite Crisis and then came back to life?
    are or were Cassie and Kon a couple at any point?
    If Kon died, did Tim tried to make a clone of him, did Cassie form part of a weird cult to bring him back and did this 2 dated briefly?
    If Bart was KF then why did he went back to being Impulse?
    in fact, before being Impulse he was also aged up, became the Flash and then died, did any of that happen?

Not all events are necessarily back in continuity (anything involving Supergirl or Captain Marvel probably isn't), but the team's existence certainly is. Infinite Crisis should be back in continuity, didn't they mention there having been seven crisises? That's one of them, along with Crisis of Infinite Earths, Flashpoint, and a few others in between.

Why Bart emerged from the Speed Force as Impulse again? Because he de-aged. He has his memories, but his body got reset to factory settings i.e. how he was when he first appeared. As you say, that's happened to him once before.

It was shaped like a T, but no, it's not New York. Aren't all Titans Towers shaped like a T? Except for the one in the live action show.

And weren't both Rebirth Titans Towers destroyed?
    I don't think the Rebirth tower was destroyed. Just after that Titans team got disbanded they new team went to go work out of the JL Headquarters. I think in the New 52 Tim's Titans teams didn't work out of a T shaped tower. I think they worked out of a boat for a while, lol.

Not all events are necessarily back in continuity (anything involving Supergirl or Captain Marvel probably isn't),
    well, ofcourse, I know this

but the team's existence certainly is. Infinite Crisis should be back in continuity, didn't they mention there having been seven crisises? That's one of them, along with Crisis of Infinite Earths, Flashpoint, and a few others in between.
    but thats what im saying
    we know the crisis happen but what of it did happen?

for example: an event like Cosmic Odyssey couldnt have possibly happen in DC's current continuity because of the way it changed the New Gods since forever, however Xanshi exploding is still part of John Steward's continuity, so how did that event happen?
    similarly we know Batman RIP and Final Crisis happen but the way it the current New Gods work indicate that maybe it happen differently, specially with Darkseid still being around and later events

some of these characters definitely would benefit from having another flashback that digs deeper into their new continuity

like Kon, we know he is the clone of Lex and Superman, created by Kadmus, etc, etc.
    but if you look at timeline of events, his apperance happens around the death of superman, and after superman cameback he got married and had Jon which would mean that Kon has been Superboy for around 10-11 years, did he ever meet Jon when he was a baby or something like that?
    we are not even certain of Kon's relationship with superman right now

Why Bart emerged from the Speed Force as Impulse again? Because he de-aged. He has his memories, but his body got reset to factory settings i.e. how he was when he first appeared. As you say, that's happened to him once before.
    I guess this makes sense just like they did it with Wally

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    I went back and re-read the issue and...
    spoilers:
    There is absolutely no mention of what you are talking about

it does look like Superboy is upset for being send to Gemworld but there is no mention of the N52TT era
    end of spoilers

definitely YJ is back in continuity but TT?
    Why would that be in continuity if Bart is still Impulse and not Kidflash?

the only factor that still remains from it is that Kon is clone of lex and superman but that is kind of his default origin right now and not just a TT storyline
    spoilers:

DC: Millennium showed that the 2003 Titans are back in continuity. Bart remembers being Kid Flash and Flash he's just physically younger because of the messed up timeline.
    end of spoilers

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Went and checked the annual out, it's definitely the San Francisco tower from the 2003 run.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Which just raises SO many questions about the Titans' continuity. Questions I had hoped we'd get answers to by now but...nothing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Which just raises SO many questions about the Titans' continuity. Questions I had hoped we'd get answers to by now but...nothing.
    Titans are a low priority with DC right now(arguably they've been a low priority for years). I'm more worried about what 5G holds for the Titans.I doubt that they'll be allowed to retire peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It's easier to work out what ISN'T back in canon than what is. Basically, if Supergirl or one of the Marvel Family was present, that story would have to pan out differently or not have happened at all, as those characters appear to have been fully rebooted. Luckily, that only affects a few issues as neither of them are regulars in the Titans or Young Justice, though both have been guest stars.

Both runs involving the character called Argent are still out for sure. Her Teen Titans run included Freddy Freeman, who's been rebooted, and her Titans one included Jesse Quick, who's been completely forgotten in-universe and is stuck in the Speed Force. That latter run also included a lot of stuff related to Arsenal's daughter Lian Harper and Tempest's baby son with Dolphin. The kids were erased, so none of that stuff's in continuity.