Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1437

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, the show definitely tries to move the focus around each season, but, as the show has continued, I never feel like everyone is getting their due. They certainly do their best, but it's a very difficult thing to do with so many characters to service. Even if they only introduce Saturn Girl (which I think is unlikely), that's one more character in a show that already has more than a dozen major characters that will all be jockeying for screen-time.
    Yeah, it is a show that would certainly benefit from a spin-off or two, with each following a certain team (though with the right kind of oversight that something done in one series doesn't contradict the other).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, it is a show that would certainly benefit from a spin-off or two, with each following a certain team (though with the right kind of oversight that something done in one series doesn't contradict the other).
    I want another Justice league series or at least Batman Inc.

I just want more animated series in general, DC is moving a little too slow for me.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I wanted a JSA spinoff and I thought WW would be a good POV for it. You could have her joining during the group during WW2 as the first episode.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wanted a JSA spinoff and I thought WW would be a good POV for it. You could have her joining during the group during WW2 as the first episode.
    Sounds good to me.

I've also been trying to figure out who's likely to take over leadership of the Team in Season ? Given that they've changed it during every timeskip so far and the events of Young Justice: Outsiders, my guess would be Tigress as having one of the older Outsiders as the Team's leader would seem to defeat the point of keeping the Team covert.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    Sounds good to me.

I've also been trying to figure out who's likely to take over leadership of the Team in Season ? Given that they've changed it during every timeskip so far and the events of Young Justice: Outsiders, my guess would be Tigress as having one of the older Outsiders as the Team's leader would seem to defeat the point of keeping the Team covert.
    My guess is Nightwing. The roster for next season is probably going to be a homage to the NTT when you consider the characters who have the most stakes involved in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    My guess is Nightwing. The roster for next season is probably going to be a homage to the NTT when you consider the characters who have the most stakes involved in everything.
    Only ones missing are Starfire and Raven. And would rather there be no Danny Chase, thank you. And though temporary, Jason Todd was there a few times. So I'm holding out hope on that (plus being legally dead gives him quite the cover).

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    While I agree completely that's a problem YJ has, I dunno about them. If they really thought that balancing too many characters was a problem, they wouldn't be about to introduce the LSH, which is infamous for how daunting its sprawling membership
    Really depends on how they do that though. It could simply be a core group, like the New Gods/Forever People when they first appeared. Rather than throw the entire New Genesis cast at Young Justice, they kept it to a handful of characters.

And even this season, they focused mainly on the core group of YJ, plus Tara (when she came on), Brion, Violet, and Jefferson.
    I think they'll handle the Legion like they handled the Fourth World stuff this season. Not a deep dive, but slowly sprinkling in the characters and mythos.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I want another Justice league series or at least Batman Inc.

I just want more animated series in general, DC is moving a little too slow for me.
    The Batman Inc. kids really got the short end of the stick, focus-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wish they'd do more with the JSA.
    I did really get a Titans vibe from the Outsiders in these last three episodes. But I guess I do that in general even if the roster is closer to classic Young Justice, they're just missing Tim.

Astonishing Member

Only ones missing are Starfire and Raven. And would rather there be no Danny Chase, thank you. And though temporary, Jason Todd was there a few times. So I'm holding out hope on that (plus being legally dead gives him quite the cover).
    Assuming we don't get a massive time jump(the LOSH tease makes this a possibility) the focus characters should be Nightwing, Tigress, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Terra and Halo plus a newcomer(Starfire and Raven?).

Terra has the most story potential right now, the most stakes and seems to be in the middle of a character arc, Artemis is basically Terra's mentor, Halo is Brion's love interest and the villains will try to claim her agin, Beast Boy is being pushed as the new face of the current generation of heroes, Cyborg has ties to New Gods(they definitely aren't finished) and Nightwing was there from the beginning.

Assuming we don't get a massive time jump(the LOSH tease makes this a possibility) the focus characters should be Nightwing, Tigress, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Terra and Halo plus a newcomer(Starfire and Raven?).

Terra has the most story potential right now, the most stakes and seems to be in the middle of a character arc, Artemis is basically Terra's mentor, Halo is Brion's love interest and the villains will try to claim her agin, Beast Boy is being pushed as the new face of the current generation of heroes, Cyborg has ties to New Gods(they definitely aren't finished) and Nightwing was there from the beginning.
    A part of me also thinks they're not going to time jump too far if only to showcase more of Jefferson as league chairman after making such a big deal out of it with the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A part of me also thinks they're not going to time jump too far if only to showcase more of Jefferson as league chairman after making such a big deal out of it with the ending.
    Maybe a year or two, would be my guess.

Is this the first major DC continuity where Jeff is League chairman?

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Is this the first major DC continuity where Jeff is League chairman?
    Probably. I think he's only ever seriously led the Outsiders.

Fantastic Member

Given that he was involved in the last season's controversies and has previously stepped down from the role, I think this is unlikely, though I absolutely expect him to be a major player in s4's narrative. I initially thought that SB would take over the Team, as his character arc through YJI & YJO seemed to be heading in that direction, but his joining the Outsiders would seem to put the kibosh on that.

I always wanted the show to adapt "Welcome to Tranquility". That was a Wildstorm miniseries set in a small town created by superheroes after WW2.

It seemed perfect for the JSA.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    they can jump far anymore, go 5 years and Jefferson kids are teenagers and superhuman, Bruce will be reaching the end of batman duration, most of young justice would be adults and the new generation elementary