Page 64 of 96 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Is it just me, or are Eduardo and Bart a couple?
    Eduardo certainly looked jealous of Bart hugging Virgil.

Could be that Eduardo has a crush on Virgil.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How long are the Outsiders going to be able to enter countries or states and just do their thing willy nilly, even if it gets in the way of local law enforcement?

I mean, it makes them more effective then the League, but it doesn't give them the kind of backing that prevents them from getting arrested if someone doesn't approve of what they're doing. They're basically illegal vigilantes at this point running on goodwill and their successes to keep them out of trouble. Which, while cool, I'm not sure is sustainable long-term.
    spoilers:
    this is actually literally the plot of an upcoming episode
    end of spoilers
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Is it just me, or are Eduardo and Bart a couple?
    A gay comic-book blogger tweeted at Weisman asking him if Bart and Ed are a couple, someone replied to the tweet saying that they seemed like a couple and Weisman retweeted that, so people are taking that as semi-confirmation that they are.

Personally as a gay fan of Young Justice who has literally been waiting years for them to finally add gay characters to the show I'm really disappointed. The straight couples are explicitly in relationships while the alleged gay couple refer to each other as "friend" and "amigo" and any evidence as to them being a couple is so vague that most people don't even notice it. Meanwhile Blue Beetle explicitly said 13 was his girlfriend and there was a lingering shot of them holding hands.

Violet and Harper Row got to kiss on-screen because they're female and are thus palatable to a mainstream (as in straight male) audience. I was really hoping that Young Justice wouldn't uphold this double-standard when and if they finally included gay characters, but here we are.

Sorry if I sounded harsh but I really needed to vent about this issue after looking forward to season 3 for so long.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 07-19-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    A gay comic-book blogger tweeted at Weisman asking him if Bart and Ed are a couple, someone replied to the tweet saying that they seemed like a couple and Weisman retweeted that, so people are taking that as semi-confirmation that they are.

Personally as a gay fan of Young Justice who has literally been waiting years for them to finally add gay characters to the show I'm really disappointed. The straight couples are explicitly in relationships while the alleged gay couple refer to each other as "friend" and "amigo" and any evidence as to them being a couple is so vague that most people don't even notice it. Meanwhile Blue Beetle explicitly said 13 was his girlfriend and there was a lingering shot of them holding hands.

Violet and Harper Row got to kiss on-screen because they're female and are thus palatable to a mainstream (as in straight male) audience. I was really hoping that Young Justice wouldn't uphold this double-standard when and if they finally included gay characters, but here we are.
    I was annoyed, at first I didnt see it, then vrrgil pointed it out so i rewatched the whole episode for a hand hold, a kiss on the cheek anything, it doesnt have to be overt but their no need in this day an age to be so discrete their 17, bart a little calmer buy not a shy guy so if its so then just do it.

Anyway i am more interested in livewire and mist

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I was annoyed, at first I didnt see it, then vrrgil pointed it out so i rewatched the whole episode for a hand hold, a kiss on the cheek anything, it doesnt have to be overt but their no need in this day an age to be so discrete their 17, bart a little calmer buy not a shy guy so if its so then just do it.

Anyway i am more interested in livewire and mist
    Exactly, I also had to rewatch the scene and pay close attention to it. I find it so weird that the show is so explicit about it's message on social issues and let Violet and Harper kiss but the gay male characters weren't even allowed to hold hands.

Now that you mention I wonder if Mist and Livewire are supposed to be a couple too, they seem pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Now that you mention I wonder if Mist and Livewire are supposed to be a couple too, they seem pretty close.
    They seem more like big sister, little sister to me. Like the kind of relationship where two runaway kids become close to survive together in a rough environment.

They seem more like big sister, little sister to me. Like the kind of relationship where two runaway kids become close to survive together in a rough environment.
    Yeah, that's possible too.

I imagine Terra is the traitor but has a last-minute change of heart. But the light has more than one traitor.

Astonishing Member

Possibly an NTT adaptation with Raven as the focus character or they do a massive timeskip to Damian and Jon's gen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I imagine Terra is the traitor but has a last-minute change of heart. But the light has more than one traitor.
    So far it seems like Terra is already having a change of heart. The Light having multiple traitors is obvious at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Possibly an NTT adaptation with Raven as the focus character or they do a massive timeskip to Damian and Jon's gen.
    I figure we'll probably get a more significant time-skip then we got this season.

Spectacular Member

I figure we'll probably get a more significant time-skip then we got this season.

Or it might be a shorter one since it's apparently going to go more into Apokolips and Darkseid and all that stuff that is.. already ongoing.

Incredible Member

Young Justice 8 has been stealthly pushed to September 4th(amazon kindle). Considering how this is Tim's new ID issue, I'm very disappointed on the wait.