Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I like Terra and she does bring star power but she's another blonde. That's why i said add Traci (brunette) or Anita (red head) to contrast Cassie.
    My only concern with it is that the YJ generation don't have the star power that the original and New Teen Titans generation does, so Tara adds a bit of that. I'd probably have their hairstyles be different, too - give Tara a bob and Cassie long hair.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Not going to happen. Disney buying Marvel pretty much negated that since Gargoyles was meant to be Disney's Marvel Universe knockoff even with their own version of Eternals/Inhumans (the New Olympians).
    You may be right. No surprise they promptly ditched Power Rangers when they bought Marvel. PR got lucky that Haim Saban got back into the game when he did.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Most people wouldn't identify Gargoyles as a super-hero property any more than they would Harry Potter.

It was created with an intent of having something similar to DC/Marvel.

https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?rid=837

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Weisman
    2. FLASHBACKS:I can't help but be reminded of events in the mid-nineties, when Michael Eisner (then CEO of Disney) wanted to buy Marvel, so that he'd have super-heroes to compete with Warner Bros' DC Universe heroes (including Superman and Batman). Back then, however, Marvel was, or so I was told, a corporate mess. And it wasn't just that -- as now -- various studios already had the rights to individual characters, but that the rights had been double sold all over the place, and that every character pretty much represented a lawsuit in the making if not already in the works. Eisner was advised NOT to buy Marvel, and of course he didn't. But he REALLY wanted to be competing in the boys action/super-hero market. That was when the Gargoyles Universe was raised as a possible alternative. We pointed out that the Marvel Universe began with the Fantastic Four, and that we could use Gargoyles as a springboard to more properties and to an entire Universe. We were encouraged by Michael to create spin-off properties, backdoor pilots, etc. And that was THE major impetus for us to work on things like New Olympians, Bad Guys, Pendragon and Dark Ages. (Gargoyles Future Tense -- which became Gargoyles 2198 and TimeDancer came later.) It was also a reason to be expansive with the World Tour and introduce more and more new characters, etc. Of course, by the time all this stuff was actually made, the world had changed again. Frank Wells died. Michael and Jeffry Katzenberg went to war, with Jeffry eventually leaving to found DreamWorks, and taking two of my immediate superiors, Gary Krisel and Bruce Cranston, with him. Rich Frank (another of my bosses up the chain) also left. Dean Valentine was placed in charge of Walt Disney Television Animation and he had no affinity for Gargoyles or its spin-offs. And Michael, who had initiated the whole thing, had way bigger concerns on his plate. I was more or less forced out. But for one bright, shining moment...

San Diego Comic-Con bag for the show:

I would love to see Greg Weisman's Gargoyles of Notre Dame from JLA Showcase show up in the show but i'm sure legally they probably not allowed.

Damn.

I'm feeling a little offended, right now... Didn't expect that to ever happen relating to Gargoyles...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I would love to see Greg Weisman's Gargoyles of Notre Dame from JLA Showcase show up in the show but i'm sure legally they probably not allowed.

That's extremely funny. Also Flash talking about his life being silly with the Justice League when his greatest threats are a guy with boomerang and a talking mind controlling ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    San Diego Comic-Con bag for the show:

Interesting that Hal is there given that he has barely even appeared on the show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Interesting that Hal is there given that he has barely even appeared on the show.
    No, the interesting part is how Hal’s single appearance in Season 3 with his haggard look and grey temples might imply Weismann’s rubbing his hands thinking “I know how to do Emerald Twilight the right way...”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    No, the interesting part is how Hal’s single appearance in Season 3 with his haggard look and grey temples might imply Weismann’s rubbing his hands thinking “I know how to do Emerald Twilight the right way...”
    I mean, as much as I don't want to see that crap ever adapted in outside media, if there is someone I would trust with doing that story without treating Hal like absolute dog **** in the process, it's certainly Weisman.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-15-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    That's extremely funny. Also Flash talking about his life being silly with the Justice League when his greatest threats are a guy with boomerang and a talking mind controlling ape.
    Technically Captain Atom is saying that line, not the Flash.

"I thought he said there were an endangered species".

Guess they can join the Martians and Kryptonians among DC's "list of species that should be extinct but aren't".

Any way, I've been thinking of putting Atlee (the second Terra) in the YJ comic. She's within the age range and her personality seems to fit well enough.

I'm surprised he got away with this.
    Well, Orion's on there and we haven't even seen the real Orion yet .
    I mean, as much as I don't want to see that crap ever adapted in outside media, if there is someone I would trust with doing that story without treating Hal like absolute dog **** in the process, it's certainly Weisman.
    I don't think we'll get Emerald Twilight in an exact adaption. I'd be kind of surprised if Parallax shows up although they probably need to explain why he's aged so much.

At beast I think we're going to see Hal bite it so Kyle can show up.

Huh. The things you learn.