Page 65 of 96 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

ok, I finally cut up with YJ
    want to jump in in the last ep discussion

first about season 3 as a whole
    Amazing, this is not just Young Justice the Tv series, this is DC Universe the Tv series. I had copletely forgotten how necesary was this for my life after so many years ince season 3 and hearing that Season 4 was greenlit makes me super excited

The best things about the show is the it really strokes my geek nerve constantly, like "I get that reference, and that one, and that one" all the time.
    the worst part is the comedy aspect of the show, only ep 4 has made me laugh at all(the arrow security ep), any other attempts of humor have failed completely and that specifically is with Halo and Forager, I actually love the idea of the character of both and love their personality but I hate cringe of the dialog. Kinda like, I love what they are trying to say but hate what they are actually saying.
    which leads me to my main though on the last episode: WOW, that escalated so quickly.

So I read some of the comments
    first I guess I should say that Im not muslim and I actually dont know any muslims in my community, however I do feel respect for the belief and any who practices it
    I will not say if this is disrespectfull or not but I will do say that this is a very complicated matter that definitely justifies the controversy

first Halo is not muslim, she even says it on the episode, then the next step is asking "then, why does she wear the hiyab?"
    well, she said that "it felt right" and in another episode she felt unconfortable by being seen without it in front of Cyborg and other men
    obviously this is because the body of the girl that Halo is now posessing was muslim and therefore Halo is picking on those feelings, memories, yadda, yadda

so in essence, this scene is not disrespectful by having a muslim character using a handgun, kissing a girl and drinking booze(which the ep actually doesnt answer he question if it is something bad for muslims to do but im going to throw a guess and say that it probably is)
    but instead the character is a ghost(for lack of a better term) who is possesing the body of a "dead" muslim girl who is doing a lot of stuff that a muslim girl MAYBE wouldnt/shouldnt be portraying doing

which is still bad regardless of if Halo is muslim or not becuse she is a representation of one
    at the same time it is also a problem that now there are no technically muslim characters in the show.
    because the only character that draws that representation is actually not representing IT.

think it like this
    a character appears and this character is wearing a kippah
    It is not insensitive to assume such character is a jew
    just like if a character wears a cross or a rosary around its neck is not an stretch to assume that the character is Catholic, this completely disregarding the fact if either of the characters are devout or not. they are wearing symbols that represent their background.

so when people see Halo
    it is hard not to assume that the character is either Muslim or represents a muslim.

Im still in shock by this because i binged the last 10 episodes in 1 go and this was by far the most surpricing scene by a long shot

edited post.

So apparently the next season will still involve Apokolips but also be more character-focused on a smaller group of core characters.

I think that's a positive development .

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So apparently the next season will still involve Apokolips but also be more character-focused on a smaller group of core characters.

I think that's a positive development .

Hallejuah,more superboy plz.

4th season is great, now they need to slow down these damn time skips.

I actually wish bendis would drop 1 of his other books and put out 2 issues of YJ a month

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Young Justice 8 has been stealthly pushed to September 4th(amazon kindle). Considering how this is Tim's new ID issue, I'm very disappointed on the wait.

Damn due to how I preorder my comics, this means an extra month before Lois Lane #2 as well. The 2 week push back on Batman/superman is also doing the same for that week's 'tec and catwoman for me.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Possibly an NTT adaptation with Raven as the focus character or they do a massive timeskip to Damian and Jon's gen.
    I expect massive time skip. Greg already said so earlier in the year on Reddit when asked what viewers should expect. He said there would be a time skip because they were keen to mature and move on some characters.

Jay Garrick is awesome. 'Nuff Said .

For all of the characters Young Justice has shown, even the cameos of maybe a scene or two, I'm still surprised Supergirl hasn't been introduced yet. Next to Dick, she's one of the biggest legacy characters DC has.

As for season 4's timeskip, I wouldn't be surprised if the Super babies are of age, and Jason Todd has rejoined the team.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    For all of the characters Young Justice has shown, even the cameos of maybe a scene or two, I'm still surprised Supergirl hasn't been introduced yet. Next to Dick, she's one of the biggest legacy characters DC has.

As for season 4's timeskip, I wouldn't be surprised if the Super babies are of age, and Jason Todd has rejoined the team.
    They have to save some of their characters for future seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    They have to save some of their characters for future seasons.
    *throws a tantrum that would make a spoiled brat embarrassed*
    I want it! I want it! I want it! *insert random pairing here as OTP*

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

I'm still wondering if she'll show up in space along all the other kids Apokolips has kidnapped.

It would add more poignancy to Superman being out there if he stumbles upon his cousin.

I'm still wondering if she'll show up in space along all the other kids Apokolips has kidnapped.

It would add more poignancy to Superman being out there if he stumbles upon his cousin.
    True. It would give him purpose for being so far from home and his family for so long.

I liked Ed's superhero outfit. I'm curious if Leah was a character from the comics or was just created for the show. BB is still awesome and I wish the comics used him like this. I'm hoping Cyborg does something next episode. The confrontation between Ed, Cassie, Bart and their parents was fine. I didn't hate it but didn't love it either.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked Ed's superhero outfit. I'm curious if Leah was a character from the comics or was just created for the show. BB is still awesome and I wish the comics used him like this. I'm hoping Cyborg does something next episode. The confrontation between Ed, Cassie, Bart and their parents was fine. I didn't hate it but didn't love it either.
    Lia was Looker, from the Outisders.

This has got to be the most competent and effective Gar's been depicted as in years.

I'm surprised they even made a joke about how Cyborg has seemingly vanished from the show .

The parents bit reminded me of that issue in Young Justice (the comic) where the parents or guardians for the heroes came together to discuss the kids.

Astonishing Member

Jay Garrick is awesome. 'Nuff Said .
    Jay is always awesome, but there's something special about him using modern tech to turn the tables on Luthor.