Page 29 of 96 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    If ra's not running the shadows,not a part of the light, why he's giving info to the light?
    He is friends with Savage.

https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg....php?qid=14447
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 01-21-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Does anyone else find it interesting that the villains seem to know the secret identities of the heroes in this continuity? That conversion between Lady Shiva and Ocean Master and the fact that Queen Bee refers to Dick Grayson by name seems to confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    And I'm sure Ra's goals still align with The Light's, so I can see why he would still want to see them succeed even if he isn't a member anymore.

Amazing Member

Starro, Mongol and who else will Savage imprison in War world and how will it come back to bite him?

Quote Originally Posted by boredmonkey View Post
    Starro, Mongol and who else will Savage imprison in War world and how will it come back to bite him?
    Despero is there as well.

I can't wait for the current line-up in YJ to expand because there are several popular characters I want to see added.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Does anyone else find it interesting that the villains seem to know the secret identities of the heroes in this continuity? That conversion between Lady Shiva and Ocean Master and the fact that Queen Bee refers to Dick Grayson by name seems to confirm this.
    Well in this universe the villains honestly seem to be the smartest and most powerful people in the room. It's refreshing, like these guys are such a threat. Though I think only the heads of the Light know that kind of information.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I'm more concerned than think it's interesting. Superhero genres were built around the good guys keeping their identities secret so bad guys wouldn't find out and own their ass, this flips that model.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I can't wait for the current line-up in YJ to expand because there are several popular characters I want to see added.
    I would agree, but we have 30 minute shows with **** tons of characters used, and most for what seems like brief cameos or blink and miss type cameos. Adding more would make it even worse.

I say give YJ another show or a longer format.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well in this universe the villains honestly seem to be the smartest and most powerful people in the room. It's refreshing, like these guys are such a threat. Though I think only the heads of the Light know that kind of information.
    Much different than when we were kids and the bad guys were always shown as dumb or tripping over their own selves, and foiled by the hero by the end of the show/comic.

Although I think there's only so long I can stomach villains like Queen Bee and Luthor being all "all according to plan" .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although I think there's only so long I can stomach villains like Queen Bee and Luthor being all "all according to plan" .
    Well let's be honest, Queen Bee isn't the one doing the planning. That's all Lexy. Besides at this point pretty much all their plans have been pulled off pretty well. It will make the heroes victory all the more sweeter.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boredmonkey View Post
    They could be a potential trump card for Savage against Darkseid. There is a hint in season 2 that suggests Mongul had been overthrown by another tyrant, which could be Darkseid.

Well let's be honest, Queen Bee isn't the one doing the planning. That's all Lexy. Besides at this point pretty much all their plans have been pulled off pretty well. It will make the heroes victory all the more sweeter.
    I think it's probably a mutual scheming by all the Light by this point. Well, aside from Klarion, who's just in it for the kicks .

I mean, I'm eager for the heroes to turn things around but I'm more then ready for certain members of the Light to get some comeuppance by this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I didn't mean Geoforce, etc. I meant the original team. I view the "Team" (S2 cast) and the "Outsiders" (S3 cast) to be supporting characters to the main focus of the show, the S1 cast.
    And therein lies the thing of it. What presumption says that the Season 1 Cast are the main focus of the show, and anyone else among the upcoming generation of heroes is meant to support them? A presumption based off them being the cast of Season 1?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    And therein lies the thing of it. What presumption says that the Season 1 Cast are the main focus of the show, and anyone else among the upcoming generation of heroes is meant to support them? A presumption based off them being the cast of Season 1?
    One would assume you launch a show with its leads. The cast of Season One had much less screen competition with many less characters introduced. They are more fleshed out than the S2 cast. And yes the showrunners have said that this show is about viewing the DC Universe through the eyes of the generation of heroes introduced in season one.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Actually on a DCU behind the scenes show Weissman says they are the leads.