Page 62 of 96 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Most people wouldn't identify Gargoyles as a super-hero property any more than they would Harry Potter.
    Except, the Gargoyles make it a point to protect the island of Manhattan best they can. Often going on patrol, stopping criminals, and even saving the baby of one of their worst foes at the time, David Xanatos.

Not much different then BTAS in that regard, really.

Incredible Member

Really haven't liked the show since it started back this month.

Spectacular Member

You know, when people on other sites who saw this early were going on about how repulsed they were by this episode and how it'd be massively controversal I was expecting a major character death, some intense gore, the plot going off the rails.. not.. some mentally unbalanced teens engaging in underaged tomfoolery.

penetrator of things

the next few episodes is where things start to get real spicy y'all
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    You know, when people on other sites who saw this early were going on about how repulsed they were by this episode and how it'd be massively controversal I was expecting a major character death, some intense gore, the plot going off the rails.. not.. some mentally unbalanced teens engaging in underaged tomfoolery.
    It's more the tone-deafness of how this show handles its only Muslim character. Or the closest thing they have to one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's more the tone-deafness of how this show handles its only Muslim character. Or the closest thing they have to one.
    a) They even explicitly reminded everyone that Violet isn't Muslim right before she chugged down the booze like an old sailor; god forbid teenage characters act realistically. Of course, much of the expectable outrage could've been avoided if during pre-production they had ditched the constant visual reminder in Gabrielle's hijab (which, by the way, until the first episode aired practically everybody was telling me I was racist to identify as a hijab - as if how it encloses the face were an indistinctive shape). Personally I wasn't a fan of not-Gabrielle-but-hijab-still-right when it first came up, but I've grown to like the complexity of Halo's identity - I'm really curious where/how she ends up.
    b) I couldn't think any less of the left's purity obsession about among other things all ("real"/acceptable) Muslims following all the regular religious rules while at the same time not being bigots to anyone. The problem with Skam season 4 was how it handled being the end of the series, not how it handled the Muslim and ex-Muslim characters.

Anyway, I chuckled at Eduardo clearly getting jealous over Bart's long hug with Virgil. I'm sooo happy he's apparently joining the main cast for the last third of the season.
    Last edited by twincast; 07-17-2019 at 08:50 AM.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

So, that was supposed to be "controversial"? I mean, never liked people cheating on one another, yeah. But that was not even as bad as animated shows on television have been.

Other than that, a good couple of episodes. Finally saw some emotions from Tara, and it looks like Weisman will subvert the usual Judas Contract storyline.

And really glad Zatanna saved those kids.

Finally, they say to this day, you can still see Klarion try to get out of Fate's tower.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    a) They even explicitly reminded everyone that Violet isn't Muslim right before she chugged down the booze like an old sailor; god forbid teenage characters act realistically. Of course, much of the expectable outrage could've been avoided if during pre-production they had ditched the constant visual reminder in Gabrielle's hijab (which, by the way, until the first episode aired practically everybody was telling me I was racist to identify as a hijab - as if how it encloses the face were an indistinctive shape). Personally I wasn't a fan of not-Gabrielle-but-hijab-still-right when it first came up, but I've grown to like the complexity of Halo's identity - I'm really curious where/how she ends up.
    b) I couldn't think any less of the left's purity obsession about among other things all ("real"/acceptable) Muslims following all the regular religious rules while at the same time not being bigots to anyone. The problem with Skam season 4 was how it handled being the end of the series, not how it handled the Muslim and ex-Muslim characters.

Anyway, I chuckled at Eduardo clearly getting jealous over Bart's long hug with Virgil. I'm sooo happy he's apparently joining the main cast for the last third of the season.
    she is muslim without understanding muslim, gabrielle was muslim their is no reason for violet to wear the hijab
    but they just want to cram everthing into her

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Really haven't liked the show since it started back this month.
    the over abundance of chracters is coming back to haunt us
    but last season people wanted to see these team member's in action so here we are
    plus time mooves forward, the show is called Young Justice so its fitting for them to now be in the lead

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    she is muslim without understanding muslim, gabrielle was muslim their is no reason for violet to wear the hijab
    but they just want to cram everthing into her
    She straight up says that she isn't Muslim in this episode. She doesn't really know what Islam is, she basically wears the Hijab out of muscle memory.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

How long are the Outsiders going to be able to enter countries or states and just do their thing willy nilly, even if it gets in the way of local law enforcement?

I mean, it makes them more effective then the League, but it doesn't give them the kind of backing that prevents them from getting arrested if someone doesn't approve of what they're doing. They're basically illegal vigilantes at this point running on goodwill and their successes to keep them out of trouble. Which, while cool, I'm not sure is sustainable long-term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    She straight up says that she isn't Muslim in this episode. She doesn't really know what Islam is, she basically wears the Hijab out of muscle memory.
    But isn't that kind of disrespectful to actual Muslims?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes, which - issue where issue is due? I'm saying that she shouldn't be seen as an interpretation of a Muslim character done incorrectly, which would be another problem entirely.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How long are the Outsiders going to be able to enter countries or states and just do their thing willy nilly, even if it gets in the way of local law enforcement?

I mean, it makes them more effective then the League, but it doesn't give them the kind of backing that prevents them from getting arrested if someone doesn't approve of what they're doing. They're basically illegal vigilantes at this point running on goodwill and their successes to keep them out of trouble. Which, while cool, I'm not sure is sustainable long-term.

I feel like Beast Boy is going to get overconfident and this whole Outsiders thing will backfire by the end of the season.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    the over abundance of chracters is coming back to haunt us
    but last season people wanted to see these team member's in action so here we are
    plus time mooves forward, the show is called Young Justice so its fitting for them to now be in the lead
    YJ feels like multiple cartoons stuffed together into one show. It inevitably leads to most of the cast getting shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I feel like Beast Boy is going to get overconfident and this whole Outsiders thing will backfire by the end of the season.
    I think the group is a good idea but when they're getting more popular then the Justice League, then it seems like a shoe is about to drop.