Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1437

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Have they confirmed that that's Cissie King-Jones in the picture? Is it possible that is actually Mia Dearden? To me, the archer looks more like Mia than like Cissie.
    I thought it might be Mia too, but it does look like something Cissie's worn:

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Bendis is usually vocal with corrections on his instagram et. al as well, and he hasn't corrected anyone saying that it's Cissie.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

The issue with it being Cissie is that the story in which she retired from being Arrowette was kind of a big deal. So, it's weird to see her back in uniform again.

Exactly. It's why I'd personally prefer Mia: she was a great character; but Flashpoint hit, and she vanished. Cissie was a great character, too; and I wouldn't mind having her in the supporting cast (which Young Justice really needs, once they settle down and get a base of operations). But she successfully retired; as far as I know, the only other hero to do that was Jack Knight. Leave her in peace.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Exactly. It's why I'd personally prefer Mia: she was a great character; but Flashpoint hit, and she vanished. Cissie was a great character, too; and I wouldn't mind having her in the supporting cast (which Young Justice really needs, once they settle down and get a base of operations). But she successfully retired; as far as I know, the only other hero to do that was Jack Knight. Leave her in peace.
    Didn't Bendis also hint Secret would be coming back? And her story was over too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't Bendis also hint Secret would be coming back? And her story was over too.
    Did he? Fabulous! That said, Secret's story “ended” when YJ was cancelled and Peter David had to wrap everything up — much like he had Darkseid's Omega Beams deposit Slobo in the distant future as a statue (to avoid Didio having Lobo brutally murder him, which is what would have happened if he hadn't done that). Since Greta's story was essentially cut short and given a hasty wrap-up, I'm less concerned with the new YJ repowering her and bringing her back (though given how she got her powers in the first place, that's actually a rather dreadful thing to do).

By contrast, Cissie's deliberate retirement had happened long before that, even before Sins of Youth: when she retired, Wonder Girl was still wearing a wig; Empress hadn't joined the team; Slobo didn't even exist; and so on. And she stuck to her guns on her retirement: despite an intensive effort by several YJers to get her to come back, she refused. Given all of that, there'd better be a darn good reason why she's changed her mind (if that's her).
    Rogue wears rouge.

Mighty Member

Have they confirmed that that's Cissie King-Jones in the picture? Is it possible that is actually Mia Dearden? To me, the archer looks more like Mia than like Cissie.
    Appearance doesnt matter...

You only have to look at Conner during Pre-Flashpoint.
    In his Solo-Series and YJ he was like 170 pounds, then during TT he was about 200-220 pounds and then in his last Solo-Series he was back to 170 pounds.
    Also at the moment he seems back to 170-180 pounds.
    Haircut also changed often between normal,spiked up....

Cassie also has got a complete new look...

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Frankly, I think that Teen Lantern is the character that should go away. She's done nothing for the narrative except for add to diversity points - at least Jinny did something to help beat the evil Young Justice in Earth 3, and Stephanie is a capable character that people have been clamoring for since the book began.

The best thing for Bendis to do would be to use a rotating cast.

I'm very much a fan of seeing characters like Blue Beetle (once he's disinfected), Traci 13, Empress, etc on the team though. Maybe Static too? Miss Martian isn't exactly in this team's age group.
    Hex doesnt fit in the group, I mean she is good with weapons, but I doubt that Batman will let her guns and it would also look strange if she uses guns while being in the team. She seems to have no fighting skills or other skill which are usefull. AND! she doesnt have a secret Identity.
    AND!!! she in so far barely really interacted with others...

Lantern is my favorite addition. I only dont like her age.
    BUT she had AWESOMES interactions with the Kingdom Come Green Lantern and her INTERNSHIP line was awesome.
    The Lantern item also give her an interesting backstory.

Miss Martian is in NO ONES age class, since she is an alien who has a different aging than humans.

Rotating Cast wouldnt be my first choice...

I would like a fix team which is like a SWAT Team or so, so basically a team who acts like the JL-Earth Team.

A group who ARGUS calls when King Shark or so escapes from prison, the police can call etc. etc.

Mighty Member

Mia would be cool, if you use ALL her Pre-Flashpoint background.
    So also the time when she studied Martial Arts etc. also with Green Arrows Son.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Mia would be cool, if you use ALL her Pre-Flashpoint background.
    So also the time when she studied Martial Arts etc. also with Green Arrows Son.
    Of course. And it's my hope that when the new timeline drops, just about everything from DC's long history will find a home somewhere in it — including characters who are still missing like Mia Dearden, Connor Hawke, and Lorena Marquez (another character that I would like to see in Young Justice, though Jackson's arrival likely kills that possibility — at least for now).
    Rogue wears rouge.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hex doesnt fit in the group,
    Which is my favorite thing about her (and Amethyst). They've got a Super-dude, and a Wonder-chick, and a Bat-spawn, and a Lil' Flash, and a Teen Lantern. Most of the lineup are junior derivatives of the big seven Justice League. And now there's talk of adding an Aqua-fry, a Jr. Archer and *another* Bat-spawn. Ugh. Might well as call them the 'We couldn't be bothered to create original characters anymore League.'

So if the powers that be want to add a few more less derivative characters like Sideways or Secret or Empress, instead of a Hawk-teen or Kid Canary, then I'm all for it.

(That said, hey, let's have some out of the box legacies. There are thirty thousand Bat-legacies out there. Let's have someone who is explicitly inspired by / spun off of Nightwing, or a newer Leaguer like Cyborg, or one who doesn't get many legacies, like Black Canary, or maybe a legacy of one of the lady heroes *who is a dude.* If Superman can have Supergirls, and Batman can have Batgirls and Batwomen, then surely Diana can inspire a young *man* to hero-dom, just with, most likely, 100% tiara...)

Of course. And it's my hope that when the new timeline drops, just about everything from DC's long history will find a home somewhere in it — including characters who are still missing like Mia Dearden, Connor Hawke, and Lorena Marquez (another character that I would like to see in Young Justice, though Jackson's arrival likely kills that possibility — at least for now).
    Well, there's a new TV show coming out called Green Arrow and the Canaries (a spin-off from Arrow set in 2040) and the GA in that is Mia Smoak. She's clearly supposed to be Mia Dearden's Arrowverse counterpart, the surname was changed because they made her related to Felicity Smoak, who doesn't exist in the comics. I wonder, if next time Green Arrow's comic relaunches, they might bring back Mia there? Though DC doesn't have form for synergy - Legends of Tomorrow never had a comic.

As for Lorena - maybe when Teen Titans relaunches?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I hope Cassie and Conner get new IDs soon. Impulse is a great name that doesn't scream sidekick but Wonder Girl and Superboy do. They've been heroes in almost 30 real life years to be still sidekicks.
    What do you suggest?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-01-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What do you suggest?

For WG, maybe Pantheon? For Conner, I'm at a loss lol. Maybe just leave it Kon-El, since he already outed his ID before Clark did in YJ#3

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, there's a new TV show coming out called Green Arrow and the Canaries (a spin-off from Arrow set in 2040) and the GA in that is Mia Smoak. She's clearly supposed to be Mia Dearden's Arrowverse counterpart, the surname was changed because they made her related to Felicity Smoak, who doesn't exist in the comics. I wonder, if next time Green Arrow's comic relaunches, they might bring back Mia there? Though DC doesn't have form for synergy - Legends of Tomorrow never had a comic.
    There are two Mia stand-in's on Arrow, Thea and the Mia you mentioned.

Isn't Thea Emiko's counterpart?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I saw Jinny as a counterpart for the Arrow family when I read the first arc. It's not an exact one to one but just a general vibe I got.