Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
Cyborg disliking HIS OWN SUPERPOWER isn't great. Listen to what Cyborg says here. "I spent a lot of my childhood in these labs with my parents, and you wouldn't believe the things technology has done for me!" This Cyborg clearly didn't go "WHY COULDN'T YOU LET ME DIE?" upon waking up with cybernetics like EVERY OTHER VERSION besides mine and TTG's. It's literally been the same thing for years; I want Cyborg to have a more positive approach to his cybernetics at first.
Standard blessing and curse scenario. Waking up to find your mother dead and your body so horribly mutilated that 90% of you no longer exists isn't exactly a pleasant scenario. Vic did what most people in his situation would have done. Because, in the heat of the moment, he's not seeing it as a super power. He's not thinking "Oh wow this is awesome! Now I can fight crime!". He's thinking about the mother he just lost. The body he just lost. His normal life was over. His potential football career that he worked so hard for was over. His humanity was essentially over. He'd be spending the rest of his life completely unable to blend in with society. Eventually he was able to move on and embrace what life had dealt him but it took finding his new calling as a hero and finding friends who could look past his appearance and help him grow and eventually embrace it.

It's part of what made Vic such a great character. He took one of the shittiest things that could possibly happen to someone, coped with the loss, and came out stronger. His hardships in the beginning make his journey all the more impactful. He kinda loses everything that made his story special if he's treating everything that happened to him like it was the coolest thing ever.