Page 49 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Be it on DCU or some overall WB streaming service, Young Justice has shown to be the biggest attraction for them.
    Yeah, if nothing else I think it's massive success as a streaming show means it will probably survive online in some form .

Kon93

I can't wait to watch the show and read the comic at the same time, it's good to be a YJ fan.

And hopefully on the Titans show SB gets a great showing

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno if it's been "dumb with DCU" even if there were certain issues from the onset that they should've figured on. Personally I enjoy the service a lot.

But honestly...after everything it's been through I think Young Justice could even survive yet another scuttling.
    I'm not knocking your enjoyment, just the execution from the outside looking in. Not being outside the US is dumb. Full stop. They have been limiting the amount of people who can actually watch their content with that move. Also spreading out a show like Young Justice feels like a very obvious way to trick fans of only that show into subscribing and staying for a longer period of time to squeeze some extra money out.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Be it on DCU or some overall WB streaming service, Young Justice has shown to be the biggest attraction for them.
    It was super popular when it was cancelled too.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm not knocking your enjoyment, just the execution from the outside looking in. Not being outside the US is dumb. Full stop. They have been limiting the amount of people who can actually watch their content with that move. Also spreading out a show like Young Justice feels like a very obvious way to trick fans of only that show into subscribing and staying for a longer period of time to squeeze some extra money out.
    Well, if you want your streaming service to be profitable, and to get people to stay on to watch other things, you'd probably do something similar.

Well, if you want your streaming service to be profitable, and to get people to stay on to watch other things, you'd probably do something similar.
    You know Netflix is massively in debt right? The biggest name in the streaming service game. DC needed to do more research, they couldn't just come out of the gate like they did and think it was gonna have the same longevity as Hulu or Netflix. It's like a normal person stepping into a pro boxing ring and thinking he'll do alright.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/23/ne...tent-spending/

I mean, I agree they should have had a worldwide release but...I dunno. Part of it seems to have been licensing issues and it wouldn't be the first streaming service to not be exactly worldwide in it's release.

I actually like how they sparsed out their content weekly so that they have new stuff coming in and out on a weekly basis, and I would say it seems to be working with the popularity of Titans, YJ, and Doom Patrol.
    It was super popular when it was cancelled too.
    Yeah, that's why it got revived .

Kon93

Bendis posted this

Coming to YJ soon

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Bendis posted this

Coming to YJ soon
    Trust no one, not even yourself!!!

I hope we get a new lineup soon! I just can't get behind those 3 new additions, at least not when Blue Beetle, Static...etc are in limbo.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I agree they should have had a worldwide release but...I dunno. Part of it seems to have been licensing issues and it wouldn't be the first streaming service to not be exactly worldwide in it's release.

I actually like how they sparsed out their content weekly so that they have new stuff coming in and out on a weekly basis, and I would say it seems to be working with the popularity of Titans, YJ, and Doom Patrol.

Yeah, that's why it got revived .
    Revived 6 years later.

The show had plenty of time jumps but the one in real life took too long in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Bendis posted this

Coming to YJ soon
    Earth-3 Young Justice?
    Revived 6 years later.

The show had plenty of time jumps but the one in real life took too long in my opinion.
    I agree, but it still came back .

Fantastic Member

You know Netflix is massively in debt right? The biggest name in the streaming service game. DC needed to do more research, they couldn't just come out of the gate like they did and think it was gonna have the same longevity as Hulu or Netflix. It's like a normal person stepping into a pro boxing ring and thinking he'll do alright.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/23/ne...tent-spending/
    Corporate debt is an entirely different thing to regular debt. It’s actually not black and white thing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I hope we get a new lineup soon! I just can't get behind those 3 new additions, at least not when Blue Beetle, Static...etc are in limbo.
    I don't think DC has the license to Static anymore. Anyway, without the new additions the team would be short on girl members (kind of like it was when it started back in '98). Are there three heroines who are in limbo that you'd like added to the team instead?

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Corporate debt is an entirely different thing to regular debt. It’s actually not black and white thing
    Didn't say it was. What does black and white have to do with my point?