Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How long are the Outsiders going to be able to enter countries or states and just do their thing willy nilly, even if it gets in the way of local law enforcement?

I mean, it makes them more effective then the League, but it doesn't give them the kind of backing that prevents them from getting arrested if someone doesn't approve of what they're doing. They're basically illegal vigilantes at this point running on goodwill and their successes to keep them out of trouble. Which, while cool, I'm not sure is sustainable long-term.
    What your saying makes logical sense but....Beast boy and his team are the cool new kids who have to show the out of touch adults/JL where it's at and how to do things.

I rolled my eyes so hard at that episode.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I think the group is a good idea but when they're getting more popular then the Justice League, then it seems like a shoe is about to drop.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's revealed in an upcoming episode that the outsider's popularity is being enhanced by a third party (Anti-Light, the Light, Ra's, etc) until the shoe drops via the Outsiders being lead into a trap of some sorts in hopes of turning the public against them.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's revealed in an upcoming episode that the outsider's popularity is being enhanced by a third party (Anti-Light, the Light, Ra's, etc) until the shoe drops via the Outsiders being lead into a trap of some sorts in hopes of turning the public against them.
    Well Granny Goodness is funding them so most probably.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Well, they're technically being funded by Light money through Granny, which always sounded suspect to me. I don't see it ending well.

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    a) They even explicitly reminded everyone that Violet isn't Muslim right before she chugged down the booze like an old sailor; god forbid teenage characters act realistically. Of course, much of the expectable outrage could've been avoided if during pre-production they had ditched the constant visual reminder in Gabrielle's hijab (which, by the way, until the first episode aired practically everybody was telling me I was racist to identify as a hijab - as if how it encloses the face were an indistinctive shape). Personally I wasn't a fan of not-Gabrielle-but-hijab-still-right when it first came up, but I've grown to like the complexity of Halo's identity - I'm really curious where/how she ends up.
    b) I couldn't think any less of the left's purity obsession about among other things all ("real"/acceptable) Muslims following all the regular religious rules while at the same time not being bigots to anyone. The problem with Skam season 4 was how it handled being the end of the series, not how it handled the Muslim and ex-Muslim characters.

Anyway, I chuckled at Eduardo clearly getting jealous over Bart's long hug with Virgil. I'm sooo happy he's apparently joining the main cast for the last third of the season.
    Like you said, they made the mistake of having her continue to wear a hijab while insisting she isn't Muslim so the anger isn't to be unexpected. If the writers were that concerned with realism, they probably should gave taken that into account.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-18-2019 at 05:44 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yes, which - issue where issue is due? I'm saying that she shouldn't be seen as an interpretation of a Muslim character done incorrectly, which would be another problem entirely.
    Which brings me back to my point b: What in Thor's name is "an interpretation of a Muslim character done incorrectly"? (Obvious didn't-do-their-research cases aside, which I'd wager Muslim characters are nowadays the least prone to among all Non-Christians in Western popular fiction.) Why do all self-identifiying Muslims have to be devout? When was the last time you saw a nominally Christian hero in Big Two comics outside Matt Murdock and Jean-Paul Valley be religious in more than a casual (X-mas) way, if even that?
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

penetrator of things

wow. i just learnt more. this is gonna get real spicy y'all. like. infinity spicy.
    Last edited by tako; 07-18-2019 at 10:57 PM.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    Which brings me back to my point b: What in Thor's name is "an interpretation of a Muslim character done incorrectly"? (Obvious didn't-do-their-research cases aside, which I'd wager Muslim characters are nowadays the least prone to among all Non-Christians in Western popular fiction.)
    YJ's version of Halo is a good example.

Why do all self-identifiying Muslims have to be devout?
    This is a separate question entirely. Isn't your argument that Halo isn't a Muslim?

When was the last time you saw a nominally Christian hero in Big Two comics outside Matt Murdock and Jean-Paul Valley be religious in more than a casual (X-mas) way, if even that?
    What does this have to do with depictions of Muslims?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    wow. i just learnt more. this is gonna get real spicy y'all. like. infinity spicy.
    YJ version of Infinity Inc coming?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    YJ version of Infinity Inc coming?
    I'm kind of surprised they haven't done much with the JSA or their legacies by this point, other then the obvious ones like Flash.

I mean, I guess there's Courtney but I don't think there's any real plans for Stargirl with this version. She's basically just a story device.

Astonishing Member

I'm kind of surprised they haven't done much with the JSA or their legacies by this point, other then the obvious ones like Flash.

I mean, I guess there's Courtney but I don't think there's any real plans for Stargirl with this version. She's basically just a story device.
    Personally, I think that they should do some stuff/develop the characters they have before adding a version of Infinity Inc to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Personally, I think that they should do some stuff/develop the characters they have before adding a version of Infinity Inc to the show.
    Probably, but it's Young Justice. They can never have too many characters .

Probably, but it's Young Justice. They can never have too many characters .
    Well, they've already teased the super babies like Jon and Damian, did a snippet with Jason, and have Harper Row as a classmate to 3 of the characters. So, yeah.

Is it just me, or are Eduardo and Bart a couple?

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Is it just me, or are Eduardo and Bart a couple?
    Other people have said so, so it isn't just you.