Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1437
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No, his super name.
    Drake will likely be his new super name.

Also, it seems Tim never return to be Robin. He was always Red Robin.

Is it at least the Drake?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It seems it will be "Drake".

Drake is apparently one of the most dangerous birds.
    Drake is a type of dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No, his super name.
    Drake. In YJ#8, he encounters his Earth 3 counterpart, who calls himself “Drake” after the “most dangerous bird”. (FYI, a drake is a male duck.) Bart liked the name, and suggested that Tim should start calling himself “Drake”.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Drake. In YJ#8, he encounters his Earth 3 counterpart, who calls himself “Drake” after the “most dangerous bird”. (FYI, a drake is a male duck.) Bart liked the name, and suggested that Tim should start calling himself “Drake”.
    Earth 3 ducks are predatory and dangerous apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Earth 3 ducks are predatory and dangerous apparently.
    Instead of "Birds", Alfred Hitchcock made, "Ducks". They quaked people into oblivion after mildly splashing them with water!

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that the first time he actually uses his new codename, it will go something like this:

Tim: “I'm Drake.”
    Superstitious, cowardly criminal: “umm, quack?”
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'll quote a friend of mine - it's both clever and dumb.

But more importantly: Stephanie Brown, Batwoman. Of course Stephanie could only get the recognition she deserves on the world that's gone wrong.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    The Heretic, the clone that "killed" him certainly was, DC hasn't been entirely consistent on whether Damian was, but it's at least possible.

As the timeskips seem to be getting shorter (not counting [I]Young Justice: Legacy[I]) I think a big timeskip to allow for Damian as Robin - especially as The Team/Outsiders implicitly have a minimum biological age of thirteen - seems unlikely.
    Yeah I doubt they'll be making a big ass time skip, it seems they did the 5 years one to age most characters to adults.

I think we'll get a 1 or 2 years time skip to have Brion's reign be mostly off screen but still "stabilished" in a way, but it's anyone's guess, maybe they'll do something lame like using the time skip to dethrone him lol.

Actually, it's a lot worse than that, per Ask Greg Bruce was 35 in Young Justice* so was around 43 around the time Damian was concieved and therefore mid-50s when he hits "Team Age" (NB, Dick is explicitly 13-14 during Young Justice so would be only mid-30s, about the same age as Bruce was in YJ).

* Note, also per Ask Greg he'd been active as Batman for around 14 years at this point.
    Huh, interesting, so Bruce is a lot older than that, and with him being active for 14 years, they could've made Damian be older than Dick if they wanted to lol, thanks for the info.

I won't be surprised by a ten-year time skip. The idea, if they do that, will be that the original six (well, five; Wally's not coming back in the middle of a skip) now comprise the core of the Justice League, and most of the Leaguers from Season One are now retired. The kids that we saw in Season 3's family get-together are now more or less in the same age range that the original team was when they started out. And the show wraps up with the originals having come full circle.

Unless, of course, Weisman plans on it being a five-season show, in which case season 4 will be more of a five-year skip and season five will be what I described above. The point being that I suspect that the final season will be the originals coming full circle, taking over for their mentors, and becoming the mentors in turn of the Super Sons generation. Whether that's season four or five (or six?) is an open question.
    I doubt they'll end it in season 4, since that would mean The Light and Darkseid being dealt with in the same season, so I think it'll have at least two more seasons.

But yeah, the Team's original members becoming members of the League while a new generation is being trained is pretty likely as an ending, but hopefuly we get the Team having focus and not becoming glorified extras like the League and over focusing on the new Team...

On the other hand, despite my fondness for Batman Beyond I think the odds of Terry and co appearing in the present of YJ continuity, I think it's more likely that either Dick or Damian will take the "Batman of the Future" role. Appearances in flash forwards or alternate/altered timelines are more likely IMO.
    Yeah, Terry becoming Batman is pretty unlikely, specialy with how young Damian is in this continuity when compared to the other Robins, unless Terry becomes Batman a generation after Damian's lol.

Astonishing Member

On the other hand, despite my fondness for Batman Beyond I think the odds of Terry and co appearing in the present of YJ continuity, I think it's more likely that either Dick or Damian will take the "Batman of the Future" role. Appearances in flash forwards or alternate/altered timelines are more likely IMO.
    They're not mutually exclusive. Greg Weisman has said he could keep doing the show forever, and is known for planning far ahead. Given enough seasons, Batman Beyond would be the next logical place to draw young heroes from, after Damian and co have reached adulthood.

Mighty Member

If you think about it, the duck symbolism for Tim isn't that bad. Utterly placid, unflappable and seemingly above it all on the surface, but underneath it's all hard work and energy.

But I won't lie, 'I am the terror that flaps in the night...' was definitely the first thing that leapt to mind when I read this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    If you think about it, the duck symbolism for Tim isn't that bad. Utterly placid, unflappable and seemingly above it all on the surface, but underneath it's all hard work and energy.

But I won't lie, 'I am the terror that flaps in the night...' was definitely the first thing that leapt to mind when I read this.
    THANK YOU! Someone else got that too!

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Drake is a type of dragon.
    Not a type of dragon. The latin word for that is draconis, which drake is also derived from. All Western type dragons are drakes.

Ever played Final Fantasy V? They have a small rideable dragon in that game called a wind drake.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

We might be finally done with the time skips.

You'd need at least a 10 year time skip to get Arthur Jr., Dan Allen, Dawn Allen (the Tornado Twins) and Jon Kent aged up.

And the only other proteges out there are Connor Hawke, Crush (Lobo's Daughter)and possibly Sin (Black Canary's surrogate daughter).

You'd also have a JLA that is ready for the Nursing Home.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    We might be finally done with the time skips.

You'd need at least a 10 year time skip to get Arthur Jr., Dan Allen, Dawn Allen (the Tornado Twins) and Jon Kent aged up.

And the only other proteges out there are Connor Hawke, Crush (Lobo's Daughter)and possibly Sin (Black Canary's surrogate daughter).

You'd also have a JLA that is ready for the Nursing Home.
    The creators have said the time skips are part of the show, it's just the length that they're willing to change.

But throw me in the ring for not expecting a big time-skip next. I think the next one will probably be closer to the time skip from seasons 2-3 then 1-2.