Page 53 of 96 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Yeah. Remember, when Kingdom Come was written, it was being written as a possible future for the DCU as it extremum at the time. And at the time, Hal Jordan was dead. (If I recall correctly, it was written not long after Final Night, when Hal sacrificed himself to restart the Sun.) The writers didn't like Kyle, and both John and Guy had been sidelined; so the only Green Lantern left was Alan.

Note also that Kingdom Come kicked off a Renaissance at DC: it was after KC, and largely because of it, that Morrison got to do his JLA series, reverting the League to (the contemporary versions of) its original roster. It's also what triggered the formation of Young Justice. Arguably, Young Justice was one of the divergences that prevented the DCU from going down the road that lead to Kingdom Come, as they showed the younger generation of heroes going down a different path than the wanton violence KC's younger generation.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Teen Lantern looks traumatized by Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew.
    Well the world probably is pretty surreal to be in...

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Wasn't the Kingdom Come lantern Alan Scott?
    You are right.. I forgot it..

Maybe I was thinking in Hal Parallax in that moment..

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I really want more focus on the actual YJ team. We really gotta sit through fricking Terra again? Lovely poster though.

Glad to see Vic displayed prominently.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I really want more focus on the actual YJ team. We really gotta sit through fricking Terra again? Lovely poster though.
    I want more of The Team and the actual Outsiders. Give me more Katana and Metamorpho .

So we aren't getting more of the YJ team? Bummer. So far season 3 has been the weakest season for me. I want more of Wonder Girl, Robin, Blue Beetle, Impulse, Static, Traci 13, Cass, Spoiler...etc and less or Halo/Geo Force/Forager and definitely less Terra/Cyborg/Beast Boy...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member

That poster is NOT promising. The only characters I care about on that poster are Nightwing and Superboy. Maybe Beast Boy a little bit, but not that much.

I really would prefer they focus on the original team tbh. I never care about the new characters they bring in. Where's Artemis and Miss Martian? I want more Oracle too.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    That poster is NOT promising. The only characters I care about on that poster are Nightwing and Superboy. Maybe Beast Boy a little bit, but not that much.

I really would prefer they focus on the original team tbh. I never care about the new characters they bring in. Where's Artemis and Miss Martian? I want more Oracle too.
    Artemis is on the Oustiders team with Dick and Conner so I imagine she'll get plenty of screentime.

Considering her brother is working with the Light I expect M'Gann will still be relevant.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Artemis is on the Oustiders team with Dick and Conner so I imagine she'll get plenty of screentime.

Considering her brother is working with the Light I expect M'Gann will still be relevant.
    they are not the outsiders smh
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Extraordinary Member

I want more of The Team and the actual Outsiders. Give me more Katana and Metamorpho .
    I want more everyone.

Just give Weismann two or three shows.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

so we will get 3 episodes next week
    then its down to 1 a week i guess to hold us off until Titans and Harley

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I want more everyone.

Just give Weismann two or three shows.
    There are definitely too many characters to focus on within one series.

And there also definitely plenty of characters/groups who could hold their own spinoff shows. I know Weisman and co. have pitched spinoffs before but I'm not sure if they could handle the workload unless they do a lot of delegating.

Astonishing Member

There are definitely too many characters to focus on within one series.

And there also definitely plenty of characters/groups who could hold their own spinoff shows. I know Weisman and co. have pitched spinoffs before but I'm not sure if they could handle the workload unless they do a lot of delegating.
    The big cast has always been YJ's weakness(beside relationship drama), it's nice to see some of these characters but then they wind up underused or just glorified cameos.