Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1437

Poor Jefferson...

Incredible Member

There hasn't been a single bad episode - or even scene IIRC - in the second half so far in my book (the occasional case of characters sticking out by not saying anything - like Tim today - aside); it just all feels a bit crammed after wasting so much of the first half on covering the exact same beats about Violet, Forager and (especially) Brion over and over again. Only four episodes left until the next big cliffhanger/timeskip and we still have several threads of all sizes dangling, including ones directly connected to some of the many characters barely seen this season. (Most of which I am like "fine, I'll wait" on, but the season better not end without having lifted Bartuardo from the abyss of double standard territory.)
    Last edited by twincast; 08-13-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    There hasn't been a single bad episode - or even scene IIRC - in the second half so far in my book (the occasional case of characters sticking out by not saying anything - like Tim today - aside); it just all feels a bit crammed after wasting so much of the first half on covering the exact same beats about Violet, Forager and (especially) Brion over and over again. Only four episodes left until the next big cliffhanger/timeskip and we still have several threads of all sizes dangling, including ones directly connected to some of the many characters barely seen this season. (Most of which I am like "fine, I'll wait" on, but the season better not end without having lifted Bartuardo from the abyss of double standard territory.)
    This show is getting the most mileage it can out of characters just emoting instead of actually saying anything.

Astonishing Member

But it's really noticeable that their budget being stretched. Many of the characters for example in this episode and the last one not talking so they can save some money on the voice acting. I imagine Ultra-Humanite's VA is doing this for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    But it's really noticeable that their budget being stretched. Many of the characters for example in this episode and the last one not talking so they can save some money on the voice acting. I imagine Ultra-Humanite's VA is doing this for free.
    Well, if anyone would .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor Jefferson...
    I felt for him, he looked so defeated and betrayed.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I am kind of glad the fallout with the Anti-Light was treated as a bigger deal compared to how they treated the big scheme last season.

This was a really strong episode for Babs too. I miss her being written like this.

Spectacular Member

I am kind of glad the fallout with the Anti-Light was treated as a bigger deal compared to how they treated the big scheme last season.

This was a really strong episode for Babs too. I miss her being written like this.
    I liked her spoilers:
    calling out Bruce. Her along with Jeff has to show that he isn't infallible
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

I guess with the two Granny's thing their going the final Crisis route of New God avatars and what not though a bit different.

Darkseid seems to be on the path to "win" this season.. which isn't surprising. He needs a whole season to himself as THE big bad, not just a force behind Vandal and Granny. Seeing Vandal, man when Humanite tells him about the Anti-Life Equation he looks genuinely scared for the first time, even when he was talking about how furious he was in Summit back in S2 he never lost his straight face but here for just a moment he seemed terrified and lost his composure, he KNOWS he got outplayed and if he doesn't do SOMETHING there won't be this "Final war" between Earth and Apokolips, Darkseid will just use the ALE to make well... everything an extension of his will.

Also Jace is insane and poor Tara, once she finds out the truth about how Deathstroke is a bigger liar and manipulator than EVERYONE I don't know how she'll take it. She clearly has massive trust issues and I don't know how her psyche will handle that final ultimate betyral.

Is no one else bothered that the conflict between Dinah and Ollie that was established early on was never touched up on again? I mean Dinah was really disappointed in Ollie leaving the League and planning it with Batman without telling her. Haha.

I understand that the show is about the youngsters/ the Team/ the Outsiders, but I'm a little sad at how little involvement the League has in comparison to the past two seasons. I always loved that the main focus was on the team but that the League had serious involvement and even had character moments.

I just realized that Vixen has never appeared on the show before. They better fix that next season.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Is no one else bothered that the conflict between Dinah and Ollie that was established early on was never touched up on again? I mean Dinah was really disappointed in Ollie leaving the League and planning it with Batman without telling her. Haha.
    The rumor is that there is a Green Arrow spinoff in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The rumor is that there is a Green Arrow spinoff in the works.
    Are there really? I haven't heard that. That would be awesome!

Poor Jefferson...
    Yeah, he caught everyone in a lie except his crazy girlfriend.

And Tara... Just got pulled further into Slade's manipulations.