Page 50 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Didn't say it was. What does black and white have to do with my point?
    I think they were using the term as an analogy; like it's not clear cut.

Edit: just saw the emoticon. you were being facetious, right?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I hope we get a new lineup soon! I just can't get behind those 3 new additions, at least not when Blue Beetle, Static...etc are in limbo.
    Other than Amethyst, I have found the new additions less than boring. Bendis has done a decent job with Amethyst (especially considering her arc made up the first six issues of the book), but the other two I honestly can not tell you much of anything about them. I would have rather had Argent in place of Teen Lantern and any number of others in place of Jinny Hex (Blue Beetle, Traci 13, Steel, Spoiler...anyone really.) But overall I am probably enjoying this book more than any other from DC right now.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think they were using the term as an analogy; like it's not clear cut.

Edit: just saw the emoticon. you were being facetious, right?
    I understand they were using an analogy but saying two different kinds of debts aren't the same and then brining in no other points doesn't really make their own point very compelling or a point at all. Saying something isn't clear cut doesn't mean anything when I wasn't saying things were.

Netflix is still the champion of streaming services at the moment and all I was saying is that they know how to run their business. My point as basic as I can make it is, Netflix makes running a streaming service look easy; DC rushed one out and failed instead of examining the competition. Almost like it isn't that clear cut to run a successful streaming service.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I don't think DC has the license to Static anymore. Anyway, without the new additions the team would be short on girl members (kind of like it was when it started back in '98). Are there three heroines who are in limbo that you'd like added to the team instead?
    They still have distributing rights, they're just having legal troubles right now.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Didn't say it was. What does black and white have to do with my point?
    I think they were trying to say that Netflix puts themselves in debt b/c they can make that money back, as the article stated it was an investment, the DCU streaming service failing in some capacity has nothing to do with them not following Netflix in making their shows available outside of the US, if that was the case Hulu would be failing, it's just plain ol' incompetence and them failing to plan. I personally thought DC were dumb to do this with the AT&T thing happening and I have not been proven wrong.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 06-10-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    They still have distributing rights, they're just having legal troubles right now.

I think they were trying to say that Netflix puts themselves in debt b/c they can make that money back, as the article stated it was an investment, the DCU streaming service failing in some capacity has nothing to do with them not following Netflix in making their shows available outside of the US, if that was the case Hulu would be failing, it's just plain ol' incompetence and them failing to plan. I personally thought DC were dumb to do this with the AT&T thing happening and I have not been proven wrong.
    Which was why I brought up the Netflix debt in the first place. You have to spend/invest money to make money. Netflix has their system down, WB doesn't which is why DCU is having all this sky is falling stuff. They came out with DCU like it would be some hit with no real system in place to expand, develop, or change the platform. They just threw it out there and once things didn't go their way they pull the rug out from under it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I don't think DC has the license to Static anymore. Anyway, without the new additions the team would be short on girl members (kind of like it was when it started back in '98). Are there three heroines who are in limbo that you'd like added to the team instead?
    Spoiler, Maya Ducard, and Kathy Cobb.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Maybe it's because I had to look up the latter two, but they don't necessarily seem all that much more interesting than Teen Lantern, Amethyst and Jinny Hex.

Of course, if I had to pick I'd probably just pick more '90s teen heroines to go along Tim, Kon, Bart and Cassie. Maybe Argent, Sparx, Anima, etc. But that's because I have trouble keeping up with all the new characters these days.

Mighty Member

https://youngjustice.tv/characters/outsider-recruits SPOILER IS ALREADY IN THE TEAM...

I have also seen Cassandra Cain as Orphan 2 times in the Series...

I would just use Spoiler,Orphan who are in the series and add Harper Row...

Astonishing Member

In May, Young Justice 5 sold 29,821 to comic shops.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-05.html

Honestly, I am really surprised this comic is under 30K in its five issue (and it will likely continue to fall). I mean it's the return of YJ4 and Bendis.

Now, it's pretty close to Teen Titans #30 (26,502).
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-11-2019 at 07:10 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In May, Young Justice 5 sold 29,821 to comic shops.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-05.html

Honestly, I really this comic is under 30K in its five issue (and it will likely continue to fall). I mean it's the return of YJ4 and Bendis.

Now, it's pretty close to Teen Titans #30 (26,502).
    Yeah this doesn't look good

As much as I love Maya and think Kathy is pretty cool, I don't want them being put in Tim's generation. I'm still holding out hope for Damian and Jon to have their own team, with those two in it (and maybe even the kid Lantern from Super Sons). Come to think of it...I'm still kinda shocked that Damian never even considered Maya for either of his Titans teams. She could have easily filled the same role that Emiko is currently filling.

Honestly? Just bring back Arrowette and either Secret or Empress. Then give the third slot to Stephanie.

Or, maybe even better, instead of Arrowette, how about we get a proper version of Artemis from the cartoon? They tried bringing her I'm back in the New 52 Titans but...she kinda sucked...and then died.
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-11-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Or, maybe even better, instead of Arrowette, how about we get a proper version of Artemis from the cartoon?
    It would be funny if she showed up, but was from an alternate universe, which just happened to be just like the one from the cartoon, so that while she remembers being Cheshire's sister and Tigress and Sportsmaster's daughter, those people from *this* universe have no idea who she is...

But if we were going to draft someone from the Young Justice cartoon, I think I'd want Kaldur/Aqualad over her.

For non-cartoon refugees, perhaps Bunker could reappear? He's a relatively young addition to the scene.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I just hate what they did to Cyborg here. I don't care if it was the Father Box or not, he still TRIED TO KILL HIS DAD after angsting over being made 1/4 machine. ONE FOURTH MACHINE! Why can't we get a Happy Cyborg that likes his enhancements from the very start?
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    For non-cartoon refugees, perhaps Bunker could reappear? He's a relatively young addition to the scene.
    To this day I still don't know what made people set Bunker apart from all the other New 52 Titan rejects.

If I had to make choices that weren't inspired by the cartoon (because Miss Martian was gonna be my next pick lol) I'd probably go with Power Girl (Tanya) or anyone who was a part of Tim's Titans back in Pre-Flashpoint (Ravager, Bombshell, Kid Devil, Zacharay Zatara, Aquagirl, Static if he can be used)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    I just hate what they did to Cyborg here. I don't care if it was the Father Box or not, he still TRIED TO KILL HIS DAD after angsting over being made 1/4 machine. ONE FOURTH MACHINE!
    Yeah I'm not a fan of the show's take on Vic either. Especially when he does all that whining about how he can't have a normal life anymore because of his looks, and yet his cybernetic enhancements are nowhere near as extreme as they normally are. He could easily hide most of it if he really wanted to. But nope. Just keep on calling yourself a monster, I guess XD

I can't hold him trying to kill his Dad against him though. He was being controlled by the Father Box. It's not like he could have just...stopped.

Why can't we get a Happy Cyborg that likes his enhancements from the very start?
    To be fair, I'd have to question the sanity of anyone who went through the things he did and their first response was to be happy. The extent of Vic's injuries and just how much of his body is usually replaced with cybernetics definitely warrants some negative emotions for a while lol

Happy Vic is great, but the initial sadness that he had and learning to cope with what life handed him before he reached that happiness is great too.
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-11-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I can't hold him trying to kill his Dad against him though. He was being controlled by the Father Box. It's not like he could have just...stopped.
    I didn't know that at first and I still refuse to believe it. HE WAS SHOWN TRYING TO KILL HIS FUCKING DAD OVER BEING 1/4 MACHINE.

To be fair, I'd have to question the sanity of anyone who went through the things he did and their first response was to be happy. The extent of Vic's injuries and just how much of his body is usually replaced with cybernetics definitely warrants some negative emotions for a while lol
    Ahem... "Why couldn't you let me die?" Aside from that panel being a funny as **** meme face (that's literally the only good thing), his fucking dad saved his life and cared about him for once, why isn't he fucking happy with that? Oh yeah, his mom... WHY DO THEY ALWAYS KILL THE FUCKING MOM? Stop being depressing as hell, DC! We have Batman for dead parents. And don't we have Shazam too?

Look, my version of Cyborg didn't go through any of those things. He had a family who loved him, his dad cared about him, his mom doesn't die, and he got injured in an accident and his first response was to ask for cybernetics so he could be like the tokusatsu heroes he loved.

Happy Vic is great, but the initial sadness that he had and learning to cope with what life handed him before he reached that happiness is great too.
    Cyborg disliking HIS OWN SUPERPOWER isn't great. Listen to what Cyborg says here. "I spent a lot of my childhood in these labs with my parents, and you wouldn't believe the things technology has done for me!" This Cyborg clearly didn't go "WHY COULDN'T YOU LET ME DIE?" upon waking up with cybernetics like EVERY OTHER VERSION besides mine and TTG's. It's literally been the same thing for years; I want Cyborg to have a more positive approach to his cybernetics at first.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.