Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I like mist girl and definitely like Shade here than his other appearances.
    I was disappointed with Shade's initial design but then they had him pop in on Stagg in his traditional look and it turned out he was only wearing the initial getup because he was being controlled. This show hardly ever disappoints .

The female Mist is a pretty obscure pull even by this show's standards. I wonder if she's still the daughter of the Golden Age Mist? She really didn't seem cut out for the life of a Supervillain, but that didn't stop her from almost choking out Nightwing. She was a lot less of a psycho in Robinson's Starman before Jack killed her brother.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was disappointed with Shade's initial design but then they had him pop in on Stagg in his traditional look and it turned out he was only wearing the initial getup because he was being controlled. This show hardly ever disappoints .

The female Mist is a pretty obscure pull even by this show's standards. I wonder if she's still the daughter of the Golden Age Mist? She really didn't seem cut out for the life of a Supervillain, but that didn't stop her from almost choking out Nightwing. She was a lot less of a psycho in Robinson's Starman before Jack killed her brother.
    Interesting. I never heard of her before. I thought she was a show original.

I really loved the Shade's face design. I was almost disappointed when he didn't have the classic suit but when he put it on for the Stagg scene he looked so cool.

Also I'm not a huge fan of simplistic designs but Shiva's really worked for me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    The last three episodes were just Epic. And wonderful. And grand.

And I think it highlights why DC Animation does such a better job than DC Live Action or even the comics recently.

The last three episodes weren't as much about trying to tell their own story as they were exploring and enjoying the Characters we love.

I think too many comic book writers come to whatever hero with this idea of a story they are going to write. A story and plot is needed, but in the case of the comics, these characters have had years to develop their own voice. More important than creating an epic story...is remaining true to the characters. I think DC writers have forgotten that recently.
    Quality wise the actual animation has dropped and it's very noticeable but that it's the only ding I have towards this show. I would count some lamer redesigns (from other dc movies) but the VO and storytelling makes me forget that for awhile until I see the choppier animation on one of those suits.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Quality wise the actual animation has dropped and it's very noticeable but that it's the only ding I have towards this show. I would count some lamer redesigns (from other dc movies) but the VO and storytelling makes me forget that for awhile until I see the choppier animation on one of those suits.
    I will say I noticed that as well.

DC Universe is, unfortunately, a lower quality tv service. They aren't able to produce at the same level. Just see Titans and lack of CGI. It's pretty obvious they are working on a budge.

Mist was at least partially being controlled by Madhatter. It was explained later on that she, Clayface, Livewire, AND Shade were all being mindcontrolled.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I really loved the Shade's face design. I was almost disappointed when he didn't have the classic suit but when he put it on for the Stagg scene he looked so cool.

Also I'm not a huge fan of simplistic designs but Shiva's really worked for me.
    I love Shiva's design. Simple yet effective

I think the animation is pretty solid and good for the most part, especially action sequences or where it counts, so it doesn't bother me .
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I love Shiva's design. Simple yet effective
    Count me in as someone else that thinks Shiva looked great. And Gwendoline Yeo really captured her personality quit ewell.

I wonder if they gave Cass a sword so there'd be visual parallels between her and Shiva, to foreshadow they're mother/daughter?

Mighty Member

Forager brings absolutely nothing to the team. But i really enjoy his reactions to certain things and his interactions with the people.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

You know what's a small thing that I really love? That there is no Batgirl this season. Babs is Oracle, Steph is Spoiler and Cass is Orphan. Whenever fans argue over who should be Batgirl, it always reeks to me of fans wanting their version to be the real deal. Like Batgirl is some prize that validates one of these characters above the rest of them. That kind of thing irks me, so I think none of them should have that overrated mantle. Besides I like the character designs of Spoiler and Orphan more than "female Batman." And I like Babs better as Oracle anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Forager brings absolutely nothing to the team. But i really enjoy his reactions to certain things and his interactions with the people.
    I dunno, I think his rolling ability and durability can be pretty creatively applied .
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    You know what's a small thing that I really love? That there is no Batgirl this season. Babs is Oracle, Steph is Spoiler and Cass is Orphan. Whenever fans argue over who should be Batgirl, it always reeks to me of fans wanting their version to be the real deal. Like Batgirl is some prize that validates one of these characters above the rest of them. That kind of thing irks me, so I think none of them should have that overrated mantle. Besides I like the character designs of Spoiler and Orphan more than "female Batman." And I like Babs better as Oracle anyway.
    I mean, this show is so much about legacy and heroes taking on older identities that I think it's inevitable we'll see somebody take up the Batgirl mantle.

If it means Cass stops going by Orphan, I'm all for it.

I still want to see Babs, Steph, and Cass together on-screen though.

I freaking love this show, the Vandal Savage episode was amazing and i nearly died from laughter at Black Lightning in the last episode. Jeff... Bruh you might as well wear a sign saying "I got some"

Fantastic Member

Is it wrong that that episode made me sympathize with Savage and kinda want him to win?

Like...the stuff he is doing is terribly unethical and wrong...but at the same time he's trying to protect Humanity. Just in his own incredibly messed up way.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Is it wrong that that episode made me sympathize with Savage and kinda want him to win?

Like...the stuff he is doing is terribly unethical and wrong...but at the same time he's trying to protect Humanity. Just in his own incredibly messed up way.
    If you're wrong then so am I because i felt the same way. The episode gave me the same feeling as the Task Force X episode of JLU. Vandal was absolutely the hero. Not the ideal one but the hero earth needed. Plus he went beast mode on Starro.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    If you're wrong then so am I because i felt the same way. The episode gave me the same feeling as the Task Force X episode of JLU. Vandal was absolutely the hero. Not the ideal one but the hero earth needed. Plus he went beast mode on Starro.
    Does it count as heroism when he's only doing it so that he can be the unquestioned tyrannical master of the entire universe? It's not like he's saving a kid about to be hit by a bus. He's doing things to protect Earth because he needs Earth to enslave the rest of the universe. Are you a hero if you keep a wolf from eating your pigs, even if you're going to eat the same pig later? Or are you just protecting your dinner, because hunger sucks?