Page 33 of 96 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Ughh the ending to episode 13 disappointed me do we really have to adapt that storyline AGAIN? Im so tired of it.
    Knowing Weissman, we'll probably get something completely different.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is it just me or does he look like the smallville version of cyborg?
    Nope that was the 1sr thing I thought of 2.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I wanna know who the hell ok'd the voice actor for Rockets son Amistad, I almost died laughing

"You gotta baby in you", kid sounds 25
    It was hilarious hearing him, but maybe it's no accident that he sounds like that, maybe it is tied to how he will manifest powers as he gets older.

Steel talked today

Cyborg went homicidal, but got better, sounds good,but I want more tech interaction.

Superboy did not worf, and he is a badass fighter now.
    Showed a Lil adult with Megan

BTW 2nd time seeing the Lobo finger,im guessing lil lobo/slobo soon,just hope they follow the original, as in he breaks down after awhile, because even though Lobo can create dupes from any part of his body, they rnt sustainable.

Astonishing Member

Bleh, Cyborg, Traitor Terra under Slade's thumb. We're a Starfire away from this becoming another NTT centered show. One of my favorite things about YJ was it was all these teen heroes/legacy characters/unsung characters who never got a chance due to NTT overshadowing everything.

I just don't know how many more Judas Contract and "AM I A MAN OR MACHINE" Cyborg stories I can take, is all.

At least the rest is still great.

Extraordinary Member

Will terra ever not be the traitorous trick bitch
    and why does dick want her on the team send her home

They need to get more voice actors, all the black characters sound the same. It’s getting really distracting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Will terra ever not be the traitorous trick bitch
    and why does dick want her on the team send her home
    New 52 and Earth 1. Some writer will try something new with her eventually.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I don't thing Terra is the traitor this time, but i think Black Lightning's new girlfriend is.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Terra being a traitor is literally her entire purpose.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    One would assume you launch a show with its leads. The cast of Season One had much less screen competition with many less characters introduced. They are more fleshed out than the S2 cast. And yes the showrunners have said that this show is about viewing the DC Universe through the eyes of the generation of heroes introduced in season one.
    By practice, this show is more an ensemble show that showcases the upcoming generation of new heroes. It's where the crux of Season 1 laid, and also the same for Season 2 and now 3. It's basically one of the big themes/motifs of the series. With that in mind, it makes sense that the "leads" of the first Season wouldn't hold the same weight as those in subsequent Seasons compared to those introduced there. This is especially the case with new Seasons allowing for the organic presentation of new characters to develop and tell stories with.

It's not all about the Season 1 cast specifically, and never really was; rather, that's more a misaimed fandom presumption created from the Season 1 story's use of its characters. It led to the presumption that those characters were the main focus and "most important", with no exception. Later Seasons' stories should have shed light on that way of thinking not being true, but they haven't for some. If anything, these Season 1 characters getting such ample screentime way beyond their Season (and not equally, either) is more a determent to the new-comers and more contemporary characters of the story. Their stories cannot be told, consistently or period, because time is being allocated to the some of the original cast who never left the spotlight (the fact that two-thirds of the original six are on or closely affiliated with the "Outsiders" budding team is very noticeable).

On your other mention, I don't recall such a statement specifically being said. Do you remember where/when it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Actually on a DCU behind the scenes show Weissman says they are the leads.
    Again, do you recall when/where that was said? As in, how recent was this mentioned? Not familiar with whatever this "DCU behind the scenes show" is or was, so more clarification would be appreciated.

I get the feeling that whatever that statement was, it was taken too literally or something. It also doesn't really add up to how the show is actually presented and how it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    CBR Interview with Greg from around 2012:

"I think for us, from day one, we have six leads. And that's huge enough. Now, there are other characters, even from Season 1, who will be recurring characters that we put a spotlight on and give some screen time. Those are characters like Red Arrow and Zatanna - even Captain Marvel and Red Tornado. I don't want to knock them and say that they're tertiary characters. They're not. They're important to our larger tapestry. But I think it was important from day one all the way through the end of Season 2 that we have six leads. They've been the same six leads from the beginning.

It all began with Robin, Aqualad and Kid Flash. Of course, Robin is now Nightwing. But after that first three, we added in Superboy, and then we added Ms. Martian, and then we added Artemis. And then we stopped. We kept adding characters, but I don't think we kept adding lead characters. We sold the show on those six, and those six are still to us largely the focus of the show.

Now you are right that we've expanded a lot in Season 2. We've added Wonder Girl, Batgirl, Blue Beetle, Beast Boy, Lagoon Boy, the new Robin, Impulse...and we're not done adding characters. Some of them will get a spotlight shown on them briefly. Some of them will get a larger role than even that. It will range. But we haven't lost track of our six leads. They've always been the six leads for this show, and that will continue throughout the rest of the series."

I do think it fluctuates though. Blue Beetle was arguably the lead of season 2 with Impulse being the second most important while some of the OG characters had smaller roles. I think it's best to say that we will always follow what these guys are doing but other characters important to the plot will play a role.
    Thanks for the quote and timeframe. Appreciate it.

Honestly, I get the feeling that was more true then than now, or even in Season 2. Among the original 6, Season 2, in practice, only really gave consistent focus on Dick, followed by Miss Martian and Superboy. Everyone else was more on the level of Red Arrow or Zatanna in Season 1, if that. In practice, this show is more ensemble/revolving lead than an unwavering 6-lead focus, because just focusing on the original Season 1 crew limits the telling of new stories with new characters in an every expanding world, which is why that isn't the case. It's why Brion and them are getting the focus they are; essentially, they are this Season's current leads right now.

Perhaps their words here have been what caused the misaimed fandom to develop, or at least perpetuate, and the closed-minded ness of these fans compared to the more open-mindedness of the Seasons' stories (with regards to the characters being used and in what proportions).
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-25-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Ya, Terra be Terra.

Fantastic Member

The Doom Patrol Go! is fricking hilarious. With the Teen Titans Go voice actors

I saw the latest eps and when did Hal get the grey hair? Do they plan on doing ET in order to bring in Kyle, or did they just pull a 90s where Hal was for some reason the only founding JL member that suddenly got old.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-25-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    BHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!

Some please tell me why this cartoon show just created the best version of modern Cyborg and DC Comics still can't get it right.

Yeah, I like Young Justice Vic/Cyborg. Even his voice his fitting, especially for this age as is.

He looks so cool, and also without looking egregiously in-human! Though, I am looking forward to his more fuller costumed appearance. Hope it takes cues from the sleeker contemporary designs he's had and not the bulkier ones. And I hope this means they're incorporating his human-shifting abilities (unlocking them when he becomes comfortable enough with his new abilities would make for a great character arc for Vic in the show, if they intend to focus on him more than occasionally).

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I'd like to hear what he sounds like when not angry and shouting at his dad (and really kind of tired of seeing him have daddy issues in outside media), but otherwise I think his voice is acceptable. Not great, but far from bad or off I think. Maybe it's just because we're used to hearing him a certain way so it takes a bit to wear on us (I often have this problem with new Batman voices). Is it just me, or is the guy voicing his dad the guy who voices Victor in the DTV movies? And I do hope Victor being angry is just a part of his daddy issues and he's not going to be the angry kid all season long (we already have Geo-Force playing that role, and two in one season will be a bit much).

Like his design well enough (not sure if that's his full on Cyborg design or just him transforming into it or what). Some of the more recent DTV versions had him too damn tall and broad for my tastes, this design looks like the right sort of build for Victor in my opinion.
    To be fair, a broader, taller Cyborg/Vic makes more sense for an older Vic/Cyborg in his mid-20s or whatever, which is what those DTV series were generally portraying (Cyborg as a Justice Leaguer). This shorter, more trimmer build works for Vic now because he's still a teen in highschool. I can see him fill out more and sprout up in later Seasons, if he has a role then.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-25-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Knowing Weissman, we'll probably get something completely different.
    Do we need to see it though?

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Terra being a traitor is literally her entire purpose.
    I reallt don't understand it when people want something else from her. It's her reason for being.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics